DM-PerfectDarkTemple [FINAL] [DL]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ ****

Good maps get good feedback, bad maps get bad feedback. I made a bad map myself and got the feedback it deserved. There is nothing wrong with it.

Comment

Originally posted by madspacemarine View Post
      Is there a reason to play this map?

-the map scale doesn' fit the UT2K4 gameplay
      -the map is done with cheap, quick bsp work
      -I haven't seen a single custom static mesh or texture or custom anything

Looks like a 3 minute map.
      I intended for my textures to work seamlessly with the normal Egyptian texture set. If you can't tell which textures are custom, then I'll take it as a compliment. As for the static meshes, only a few are my own, and those are various bits of rubble and other minor things. The spaceship, flares, and other random bits were used with permission from other mappers.

I'm sorry you're not satisfied with the BSP and scale, but those aspects were intentional. It might surprise you that this map actually got quite a bit of positive feedback.

Now I would appreciate it if the next time you give feedback on a map (for me or anyone else) to spend more than 3 minutes with your response so you can give a thoughtful opinion and perhaps some constructive advice instead of spouting off the first few words you think of.

Kind of like I did for you.

Comment

Not much there but good open "secret agent style" gameplay. Bots are a little easy and I like the ricochet off the walls just behind the columns (that works really well). Yes there is lots of open area, but as I've seen stated the map is supposed to be played in a different style and it can be fun this way. My only quirk with the map is this thread should have been posted in the Full Releases section once the beta phase was completed.

Comment

Originally posted by SkaarjMaster View Post
          My only quirk with the map is this thread should have been posted in the Full Releases section once the beta phase was completed.
          It was. The first post has the link.

Comment

Working...
          X