[MAP-DM]Anarchy[RELEASED]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MAP-DM]Anarchy[RELEASED]

Hi, I'd appreciate some feedback on my new map.

Although it's the 2nd map I've completed, it's the one that got me into mapping - I had the idea some time before UT2003 but found UED 2 a bit daunting at the time

Download adresses :

http://www.filefront.com/?filepath=/hqn/DM-Anarchy.zip

http://www.pcgamemods.com/dl/fc60a13...narchy.zip.zip

Any feedback is very much welcome

ps. I know it isn't as flash looking as some of these levels round here but my main concern was the gameplay so please don't be too harsh based on graphics alone

Cheers

I dont mean to offend you, but there are many misaligned textures.

Comment

Yeah ?

I know the main walls in the main room are slightly out, but the I was still fairly happy with that cos it gave me something close to the look I wanted and I didn't think it showed much

Comment

Even with misalligned textures, it looks prety good.

Good work.
        :up:

Comment

Ahhh Cubic Rooms and lack of static meshes...

+ absolutley none texture variations

Keep it up :up:

There's you feed back

Comment

Originally posted by Wocko
            Ahhh Cubic Rooms and lack of static meshes...

+ absolutley none texture variations

Keep it up :up:

There's you feed back
            Dude dont be an as$, you have to start somewhere and people need to be encouraged!

I'll download and check it out.

Comment

Isnt that the second level of Doom?
              Listen, it may be your first try, and you may be inexperienced, but do try to get your map looking something like the ones that ship with the game before you release it. Right now I see potential for many static meshes, many more textures, not to mention MUCH more BSP. If you work on it for another week or so aligning textures, using some static meshes (there are some great skull static meshes), and adding some various touches to it (like... I dunno... lighting?), then your room of boxes will turn into something that people will compliment you for, rather than scoff at.
              For instance, I think that some lava will look good in the second shot.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback people, for the most part at least

I'm taking it all on board.

I've never played Doom by the way so any resemblance is a coincidence

Comment

Originally posted by Buckyfg
                  Dude dont be an as$, you have to start somewhere and people need to be encouraged!

I'll download and check it out.
                  Not meant to be an ***

.....sarcasm

Comment

indeed people ened to start somewhere but ****, those are the worst texture choices i have ever seen.

i mean this guy has industrial textures but at the same time he is also using crypt style gothic textures...very...odd...

Comment

Maybe it's an industrial factory of death and darkness

Comment

Comment

I rather like the texture choices actually, however certain ones dont work.
                          eg.
                          http://pcgamemods.com/screenshot.php...909ecb88fe&s=3
                          Those grey textures clash leading into the brown room. In fact they seem to just clash period. Perhaps if you gave them some red lighting...
                          Generally though, try to avoid mixing textures which are very different in color. Also if you want the "factory of death" look, you may want to use more factory and less death, and then use deathish (I love making up words) static meshes.

Comment

Only looked at one screen shot, looks ok. There doesn't seem to be any lighting, is this right?

Anway doesn't look half bad keep it up

MsM:up:

Comment

Here is a tip:

So far, your map to me is a basic building block to the start of a whole new level. Now you need to start adding some particle effects, karma objects and most essentially static meshes! Perhaps you could try adding lots of static meshes to improve your map

They're very simple to add, but in many cases hard to put together to look good, it can be hard...But give it ago :up:

Comment

Working...
                              X