Jupiter Effect: Influx BETA 1.01 [Patch Released]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jupiter Effect: Influx BETA 1.01 [Patch Released]

Jupiter Effect: Influx BETA 1.01 has been released!

The server browser patch is now available, as well as control customization and mouse inversion options.

http://www.planetunreal.com/jei/
    (49MB Installer Download) (17MB Gameplay Movie Download)

http://gamestudies.cdis.org/modules....viewforum&f=29
    Community Forum (Guest posting is ON)

Jupiter Effect is a total conversion for UT2003. It is a fast paced anime-style shooter that allows you to transform back and forth from a mech to a jet at will.

"This mod looks cool as hell." -Cliffy B.

FEATURES:

-Will not interfere with your UT2003 files or configuration settings in any way allowing you to leave both installed.
    -Easy to use installer/uninstaller.
    -Fast paced anime-style action with influences from Transformers and Macross.
    -Transform from a mech to a jet at will.
    -4 Characters to select from, 8 Character skins
    -4 Pickup weapons plus all mechs come equipped with missiles and machine guns
    -Fire modes and functionality of the pickup weapons changes between jet and mech mode.
    -5 consumable item pickups
    -2 Maps
    -An additional training map to familiarize yourself with the weapons

SCREENSHOTS:

Team

Character select

Flying and consumable item

Sniping

Weapon pickup

Destructable building, before

Destructable building, during

Destructable building, after

Robots in disguise!

(Please note that there is an error in the documentation, the accelerate/decelerate for jet mode is not currently implemented)

Cool. Downloading.......

Comment

SWEEEETT!!!!! THIS IS FRIKIN AWESOME!!! WE NEED SERVERS!!! THANK YOU MAN, THIS IS SCHWEETT!!!!

FINALLY!!! I frikin MOD!!!

Comment

bout time! i played the demo WAAAAY back in the day....ok like 2 months ago.....

Comment

Very cool mod :up: ... but one problem...

Now in UT2003 I can't use ANY of the characters that came with the game... only custom models are showing up. I tried uninstalling Influx but still no characters in UT2003. Anyone else have this problem or know of a way to fix it?

Comment

Hey guys, we should have one dedicated server and a forum up in less than a week but we are definately going to need help in that department. In the mean time, spread the word - more people playing means more people hosting.

I will look into the character issue. It could be related to our custom upl file.

Comment

Originally posted by Enigmabyte
              Very cool mod :up: ... but one problem...

Now in UT2003 I can't use ANY of the characters that came with the game... only custom models are showing up. I tried uninstalling Influx but still no characters in UT2003. Anyone else have this problem or know of a way to fix it?
              Yeah had the same problem here. Seems the installation progam deletes your xplayer file, so I just replaced it and all was back to normal.

Comment

Looks like a line of our installer never got commented out. You can fix the problem by renaming xplayers.upl.bak to xplayers.upl in your UT2003/System directory.

I'm also uploading an updated installer to the website so nobody else should have that problem.

Comment

It's always the quiet ones that get finished before you've even heard of them :up:

Three questions :
                  - why no umod (or at the very least a regular zipped archive + instructions) ?
                  That format can do almost anything a regular installer can do plus it's can be used for Macintosh & Linux systems ...

- in-game screenshots of the playermodels ?

- bot-support ?

Comment

Originally posted by JaFO(JBE)
                    It's always the quiet ones that get finished before you've even heard of them :up: Three questions :
                    - why no umod (or at the very least a regular zipped archive + instructions) ?
                    The game requires custom shortcuts that are generated by the installer to run properly and I wrote the installer before umod support was added to UT2003.

- in-game screenshots of the playermodels ?
                    The website has not been updated since GDC. We will be making chages/updates soon, but the most important thing to us was getting the game out there. Right now you can view all 4 plus their alternate skin on the character selection page or download the desktops and imagine them unlit.

I'm assuming that you are using a Mac right now and can't install the game? I'll look into putting up an unsupported zip version of it but in the mean time how about a gameplay video?

- bot-support ?
                    There is no bot support in JEI. I have never intended to write any, as we had a very strict 4 month deadline and I was still learning during the creation process. However, the installer includes all of our code files if you'd like to write one.

Comment

Originally posted by sammboy125
                      FINALLY!!! I frikin MOD!!!
                      Word.
                      Downloading now. :up:

Comment

This is awesome. Need some servers or bots to play...

Comment

This mod is the funniest and coolest mod I have played til now
                          Get some servers so we can play against each other!!

some points I want to see changed:
                          - Faster reaction when turning/controlling the airplane transform. It will be easier to get away from missiles and avoid buildings, and make it more interesting (look at the next point).
                          - Air tactics.. Loops, mid air nose brake (you go fast forward, and then suddenly tip the nose of the plane upwards (making the plane stand right upwards)), side roll, side brake, two buttons, one for increasing and one for decreasing the speed of the plane.
                          - More weapons, maps (like midair or what it's name was.. big maps!) and transformers!!
                          - Menu music
                          - side guns on airplane (By now you have probably figured out I love the airplane transform :P) and perhaps numpads for left, right and side view

The mod is simply the coolest by now Keep it going!

Comment

How about an ingame keychanger when I go to options controls I just see how they are default mapped but can't shange anything.

Comment

/me claps his hands

Wow, is the first serious TC mod released for UT2003?

Comment

Working...
                              X