Renzien 2k4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renzien 2k4

This is more or less almost complete. I just need to know what I'm forgetting, and if I'm missing something.

This is a completely custom character for ut2k4. It is my first.
    I have been working on it for over two months.

As you can see, he has no arms, and holds the weapon in a hood. The weapons pull inside said hood for storage and such, and his actual head's in there too.

Due to the... uh, nature, of this particular character, using pre-existing character rigs was completely out of the question. So I've animated it myself. 8D

You could basically call this an experiment to see what all ut2k4 would let me get away with. :B Constant manipulation of the weapon_bone, mostly [most of the taunts etc do this; see the "*** smack" animation for a prime example.]

Download here. Currently 1.3 mb.

Note that headshots are a bit wonky on this one... There;s not much I can do about it, sadly :c The sweet spot is on top of the hood, just before it connects to the ring.

Great job! Really interesting character.)

Comment

weird....

Comment

Interesting character. Definitely ugly and unsettling, but that's intentional. Looks pretty freaking in-game. I'd love to see it as an invasion monster.

Comment

Originally posted by jefe View Post
          Interesting character. Definitely ugly and unsettling, but that's intentional. Looks pretty freaking in-game. I'd love to see it as an invasion monster.
          I agree with jefe, or "it" could be a new species for the next Unreal game.

Comment

armless Krall

Comment

The Jem'Reh? A Reptilian Species from the Horsehead nebula? Class M planetiod? ....... Maybe? *Slinks away under a rock*

Comment

Originally posted by jefe View Post

....It's weird to hear that, and looking at ren, I don't understand how it could be, lol. I ain't offended; just never thought of him as such. And frankly that confuses me, lol.

Originally posted by TurdDrive View Post
                armless Krall
                Never actually swa a krall until a few weeks ago when I first played ut3

Originally posted by Jade-Phoenix View Post
                The Jem'Reh? A Reptilian Species from the Horsehead nebula? Class M planetiod? ....... Maybe? *Slinks away under a rock*
                ...Lol, wut? Nah, this critter is completely straight outta my head.

Ren has actually been finished four about four months; final is on skincity. I just never got around to making a full release thread. :B

Comment

This is an odd, but really cool character. I downloaded it, playing with him now. Seems as though the animations for left dodge and right dodge are wrong, though. Left dodge does a right dodge animation and vice-versa. Also, no player picture yet? Just "LOL REN" text on white background.

Didn't go through all the anims but those two stuck out like a sore thumb when playing in 3rd person view. Great looking texture on this guy, and the anims are fun.

EDIT: I have to say, this guy is really fun to play against. Since he has a unique silhouette and custom animations, it brings new life to the game. Nice work!

Comment

Originally posted by -Tj- View Post
                    This is an odd, but really cool character. I downloaded it, playing with him now. Seems as though the animations for left dodge and right dodge are wrong, though. Left dodge does a right dodge animation and vice-versa. Also, no player picture yet? Just "LOL REN" text on white background.

Didn't go through all the anims but those two stuck out like a sore thumb when playing in 3rd person view. Great looking texture on this guy, and the anims are fun.

EDIT: I have to say, this guy is really fun to play against. Since he has a unique silhouette and custom animations, it brings new life to the game. Nice work!
                    Personally, I hate the texture, but since I'm hearing that it's okay I guess it's nitpicking on my part or something.

Moving right along, you have basically convinced me to finally get off my lazy *** and make a "final" thread for it and point it to the final I uploaded to skincity months ago. Which is here.

I'm also about finished with a second model, actually.

Comment

Working...
                    X