• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WiC Redeemer

Name: WiC Redeemer

Version: Beta 1

Compatibility: UT2004, ECE is required.

Description: A modified redeemer that explodes with a WiC-style mushroom cloud. No other values are changed, not even the name or damage or blast radius.

Comments: Another of my two hour projects. This one replaces the Redeemer with another that is completely identical, except the explosion effect is a bit more...flashy.

Screenshots:

Credits: Massive and Epic for making such awesome games, myself for the nuke emitter.

Homepage: None.

Download:
    http://www.utzone.de/include.php?pat...contentid=7890

any release goes with pics **** it !

Comment

Sorry. Uploading now.

Comment

Mmh it looks good.
        I wonder how the final version will be.

Comment

This was done many moons ago. Check out the WGSNuke --- http://unrealtournament2004.filefront.com/potd/66445

You can sample it on our gameserver (in my signature)

Comment

WGS forums are here with the new game server ip: http://wgs.solidgameservers.com/forums/index.php

Also that nuker I made for the server is an adaptation from the UT2004 siege mod. It's really their baby: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/ut...d_6123924.html

I was hoping the explosion in UT3 would be more nuke like... sadly it looks like it needs to be made again.

Comment

I've already seen the WGS nuke, and the Siege2004 nuke. I don't see what this has to do with either of those posts, frankly...mine is simply to make it to look more like a nuke, not to increase blast radius or anything.

Comment

yours is good too

Comment

Is there a way you could send that mod to me? if not, put it on UTzone.DE or Unrealtournament2004.filefront

Comment

da bitte

http://www.utzone.de/include.php?pat...contentid=7890

Comment

Thanks, I never got around to finding the file, so I'll stick that link in the first post.

Comment

Hmmm it doesn't seem to work on online play. Atleast in my server it doesn't, the emitter doesn't show.

Comment

Agreeing with post above.
                          Tested on 2 different netservers, no explosion emitter(s) were displayed during online play.

Comment

I'm not sure what the problem is, mainly because I have no netcode experience whatsoever. If anyone can help, please do so, because unfortunately I can't solve the problem.

Comment

May not be a complete fix but, for starters, revise your 'NukeExplosion class.

Look at the stock 'RedeemerClass' and you'll see that its defaultproperties
                              include lines for the following:

RemoteRole=ROLE_DumbProxy
                              bNetTemporary=true

Also, Emitters() is an array.
                              Revise your code so that the first declaration is assigned to Emitters(0)
                              and increment the numbering as you go along.
                              -=-
                              When you get to the MeshEmitters, the first of these will be
                              Emitters(4)=MeshEmitter'WicRedeemer.NukeExplosion. MeshEmitter0'
                              IOW, similarly indexed within the Emitters() array

Also, include a line to declare the Name property for each object, like
                              Name="SpriteEmitter0"
                              (see the example below)

Code:
                              Begin Object Class=SpriteEmitter Name=SpriteEmitter0
                                  UseColorScale=True
                                  FadeOut=True
                                  FadeIn=True
                                  RespawnDeadParticles=False
                                  SpinParticles=True
                                  UniformSize=True
                                  AutomaticInitialSpawning=False
                                  ColorScale(0)=(Color=(B=100,G=100,R=100,A=255))
                                  ColorScale(1)=(RelativeTime=1.000000,Color=(B=100,G=100,R=100,A=100))
                                  FadeOutStartTime=29.750000
                              ================ SNIP =============
                                  LifetimeRange=(Min=35.000000,Max=35.000000)
                                  StartVelocityRange=(Z=(Min=632.812500,Max=632.812500))
                                  Name="SpriteEmitter0"
                              End Object
                              Emitters(0)=SpriteEmitter'WiCRedeemer.NukeExplosion.SpriteEmitter0'

Comment

Working...
                              X