• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World in Conflict Vehicles

Name: WiC Vehicles

Version: Beta 4

Compatibility: UT2004, ECE is required.

Description: A quick port of World in Conflict-type vehicles to UT2k4.

Comments: Use the special abilities of each vehicle by switching to the second seat. The troop transport, medium AA and heavy artillery do not have special abilities. And it actually has a mutator this time!

Screenshots:

Credits: Massive and Epic for making such awesome games, UT2004Addict for the amphibious vehicle code.

Homepage: None.

Download: http://files.filefront.com/WiCVehicl.../fileinfo.html

Updated with a fix. Changed the Medium Helicopter's model to the Raptor to make it more distinguishable.

Comment

Great stuff- I was thinking of making the custom bulldog I'm working on use extra krepulsors to make it amphibious - great to see it in action already.

Comment

Thanks. If I had access to modeling and some coding skills, it's probably be even better.

Comment

i dont undertand why, but the mutator dont work for me.

Warning: Failed to load 'MLRS': Can't find file for package 'MLRS'
          Warning: Failed to load 'WiCVehicles': Can't find file for package 'MLRS'
          Warning: Failed to load 'Class WiCVehicles.Amphibious': Can't find file for package 'MLRS'
          Warning: Failed to load 'Class WiCVehicles.Heavy': Can't find file for package 'MLRS'
          Warning: Failed to load 'Class WiCVehicles.Medium': Can't find file for package 'MLRS'
          Warning: Failed to load 'Class WiCVehicles.Troop': Can't find file for package 'MLRS'

aparently, something is missing....

Comment

I'll look at the code this weekend. I copied the heavy artillery code from another mod of mine- that's probably the problem. I will also make the camera invisible and invincible, to make the gameplay a bit different. That way, you will actually have to trace the rockets back to the artillery itself.

Also, my WiC Redeemer weapon has an explosion effect very similar to the WiC nuke. It works well with the mod.

Comment

ALSO: I plan on adding a lot more to this mod. Possibly a custom gametype, converted WiC maps, tactical aid, etc.

I'm looking forward to it.

EDIT: I have a question for you all. Should I make a custom gametype, and base the tactical aid off adrenaline, or just keep it Onslaught, and base it off player scores? Give me ideas.

Another benefit of making it a custom gametype is I could possibly implement overhead views, like in the original game.

Comment

Updated with new release. Includes the regular WiC Vehicles mutator, my WiC Redeemer mutator, and a special one which replaces the Target Painter with one that calls in a nuke from WiC.

Changelist:

Should now install correctly with no other requirements.
                Medium Attack Helicopter now has the Raptor model.
                Amphibious Transport now has the Paladin model.
                Includes WiC Redeemer and WiC Nuke mutators.
                Camera for the Heavy Artillery is now invisible and invincible.
                Includes a test map.

Known Bugs:
                The grenade launcher for the Amphibious Transport does not work. This seems to be a code limitation, but I'm open to suggestions.

ALSO: If anyone can help me with creating a new gametype or coding, please contact me.

Comment

the vehicles work fine, but the WIC Target painter crash my game...

UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2005-11-23_16.22]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2663 MHz with 1023MB RAM
                  Video: RADEON 9550 (6546)

Mut_WiCNuke ONS-Torlan(Stormy).Mut_WiCNuke (Function Engine.Mutator.AlwaysKeep:0000) Infinite script recursion (250 calls) detected

History: FFrame::Serialize <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (NukePainterPickup ONS-Torlan(Stormy).NukePainterPickup, Function XWeapons.PainterPickup.PreBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (NukePainterPickup) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (NukePainterPickup ONS-Torlan(Stormy).NukePainterPickup, Function XWeapons.PainterPickup.PreBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (NukePainterPickup) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (NukePainterPickup ONS-Torlan(Stormy).NukePainterPickup, Function XWeapons.PainterPickup.PreBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (NukePainterPickup) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (NukePainterPickup ONS-Torlan(Stormy).NukePainterPickup, Function XWeapons.PainterPickup.PreBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (NukePainterPickup) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (NukePainterPickup ONS-Torlan(Stormy).NukePainterPickup, Function XWeapons.PainterPickup.PreBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (NukePainterPickup) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (NukePainterPickup ONS-Torlan(Stormy).NukePainterPickup, Function XWeapons.PainterPickup.PreBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (NukePainterPickup) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (NukePainterPickup ONS-Torlan(Stormy).NukePainterPickup, Function XWeapons.PainterPickup.PreBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (NukePainterPickup) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (NukePainterPickup ONS-Torlan(Stormy).NukePainterPickup, Function XWeapons.PainterPickup.PreBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (NukePainterPickup) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (NukePainterPickup ONS-Torlan(Stormy).NukePainterPickup, Function XWeapons.PainterPickup.PreBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (NukePainterPickup) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (NukePainterPickup ONS-Torlan(Stormy).NukePainterPickup, Function XWeapons.PainterPickup.PreBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (NukePainterPickup) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (NukePainterPickup ONS-Torlan(Stormy).NukePainterPickup, Function XWeapons.PainterPickup.PreBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (NukePainterPickup) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (NukePainterPickup ONS-Torlan(Stormy).NukePainterPickup, Function XWeapons.PainterPickup.PreBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (NukePainterPickup) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (NukePainterPickup ONS-Torlan(Stormy).NukePainterPickup, Function XWeapons.PainterPickup.PreBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (NukePainterPickup) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (NukePainterPickup ONS-Torlan(Stormy).NukePainterPickup, Function XWeapons.PainterPickup.PreBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (NukePainterPickup) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (NukePainterPickup ONS-Torlan(Stormy).NukePainterPickup, Function XWeapons.PainterPickup.PreBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (NukePainterPickup) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (NukePainterPickup ONS-Torlan(Stormy).NukePainterPickup, Function XWeapons.PainterPickup.PreBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (NukePainterPickup) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (NukePainterPickup ONS-Torlan(Stormy).NukePainterPickup, Function XWeapons.PainterPickup.PreBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (NukePainterPickup) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (NukePainterPickup ONS-Torlan(Stormy).NukePainterPickup, Function XWeapons.PainterPickup.PreBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (NukePainterPickup) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (NukePainterPickup ONS-Torlan(Stormy).NukePainterPickup, Function XWeapons.PainterPickup.PreBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (NukePainterPickup) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (NukePainterPickup ONS-Torlan(Stormy).NukePainterPickup, Function XWeapons.PainterPickup.PreBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (NukePainterPickup) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (NukePainterPickup ONS-Torlan(Stormy).NukePainterPickup, Function XWeapons.PainterPickup.PreBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (NukePainterPickup) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (NukePainterPickup ONS-Torlan(Stormy).NukePainterPickup, Function XWeapons.PainterPickup.PreBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (NukePainterPickup) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (NukePainterPickup ONS-Torlan(Sto

Comment

*bangs head against wall*

I'll look at it.

Comment

I'd say keep as a replacement mutator - a full on custom gametype means either having to work around incorporating everything into existing maps, or creating a whole boatload of maps from scratch - a simple replacement mutator for VCTF , ONS and Assault on the other hand, is a lot more straight forward.

Something you might want to do - in terms of keeping packages tidy, is to use an #exec import in one of your scripts to incorporate all the assets into your final .u file, then referencing the resource inside of that.

For example, with mine I use the following (my overarching class is BulldogJ6) - in this example, I loaded the skins from a .utx texture file, then imported them into my .u file:

Code:
                      //-----------------------------------------------------------
                      //
                      //-----------------------------------------------------------
                      class ONSJ6Bulldog extends ONSWheeledCraft;

#exec OBJ LOAD FILE="..\Textures\J6BullDogSkinDelete.utx" PACKAGE=BulldogJ6

[snip]

defaultproperties
                      {

Skins(0)=Texture'BulldogJ6.Shaders.BullDogSkinNew-J6copy'
                          Skins(1)=Shader'VehicleFX.Shaders.BDHeadlights_ON'
                          Skins(2)=Shader'VehicleFX.Shaders.BDTaiLight_ON'
                          Skins(3)=Texture'BulldogJ6.bulldogWindscreen'
                          Skins(4)=Texture'BulldogJ6.bulldogWindscreen'

Comment

Updated. The WiC nuke should now work.

EDIT: The main reason I was thinking about custom gametypes was for more of a WiC feel and possibly finding a way to implement Tactical Aid. But one map which I'm working on converting from WiC I simply made the powercores unaccessable and the the match time excessively short (overtime immediately) so that winning depends on how many powernodes you have.

Comment

Working...
                        X