• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Petz!

Author: INIQUITOUS
    Version: Beta_1
    Description:

Petz spawns a random pet for the player each time the player spawns. The pet is non-combat and cannot be damaged, it will not attack anything. The pet is purely a luxury item and should not affect gameplay. This is just to make it more fun! The pet should not affect any waves in Invasion. The player can interact with the pet in a few ways as detailed in the readme. These include feeding and playing with a ball. The pets happiness can be increased and decreased resulting in interesting behaviour

Please READ the README!!!!

DownLoad: Petz Here

Screenshot:

I went a little crazy in the picture and managed to get myself a Pet Army! D: A shame most of them were angry and about to abandon me : (

Now that's funny ini lol..

Comment

aww...

I always wanted a small slith as pet.

Comment

It's a hell of a lot of fun too. One thing I noticed was that once you get past wanting to kill the little guy for being an invasion monster and start playing with him, you can get attached pretty quick.

One thing that shouldn't be overlooked is the work INI has done on the controllers. Coders should be very interested in what he has done in such a (seemingly) simple mod. There's a LOT going on behind the scenes and much could be gleaned on making monsters do what you want by looking at his work.

Comment

I like my pet ugly like one of those Vores from the Quake monster pack LOL.. Nice work ini..

Comment

wow Im very love it !

also can you make attack only enamy version Petz too ??
            that will be fun in DM or CTF game too !!!

Comment

lol buffy I'll try to add that in the next version when i get time

I also love the Vore as a pet D:

Comment

is can make all other monsters spawn ?

Originally posted by INIQUITOUS View Post
                lol buffy I'll try to add that in the next version when i get time

I also love the Vore as a pet D:
                like U4E monsters HL2 monsters Zombie Raptor Star wars monsters ete ?
                I have all these monsters in my game already so that will be really fun too !!!

Comment

Always wanted a pet Pupae!

Comment

Yes Buffy, just put the monsters class name in the .ini file. A random monster will spawn from the list in the .ini file. This list can be as long or as short as you want

however as I said in the readme. If monsters are too big they most likely wont have room to spawn! (Titan, queen, lucifer, shambler, vore etc...) To get around this you can make your own pet versions that are smaller in drawscale and collision. etc.. I have already made versions of the Shambler and Vore from quakemonsters and Titans and Queen from satore. I have included these monsters in the download. In the read me it will tell you everything you need to know including the class names.

Comment

LOL, try putting in INI's pikachu as a pet.

And the petz mod actually made me want to make a pikachu launcher

I already did a sample mod on my PC, but for some reason the pikachu was also hitting the one who summoned it when it shoots lightning.

Comment

I want a pet cat.

Comment

Working...
                        X