• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ONS-2Tricky-DW

Current version: Release Candidate 2.
    Download: Here

Features:

EONS-Scorpion: Based on the UT3 Scorpion.
    -Primary fire weapon shoots a plasma ball that will automatically lance out towards any hover or flying vehicles it passes in flight.
    -Secondary fire activates the speed boost. Pressing secondary fire again while boosting primes the detonator, which will cause the EONS Scorpion to explode on contact with anything it hits.

EONS-Hellbender: Based on the UT3 Hellbender.
    -Driver controls the skymine weapon, which is now slightly teamcolored.
    -Second seat controls the twin beams, which is now teamcolored.
    -Third seat is retained for transport purposes, but controls no weapons.

EONS-Locust: Based on the UT3 Hoverboard and gel's Locust vehicle.
    -Provides rapid transport across the battlefield.
    -When hit by enemy weapons, players are automatically ejected from the vehicle.

EONS-EMP Deployer: Based on the UT3 EMP Mine Deployable.
    -Deploys a single EMP mine which will disable enemy vehicles that stray within its perimeter.

EONS-Grenade Launcher
    -Rapidly fires small-burst electromagnetic grenades capable of momentarily stalling the engines of vehicles caught in the blast

If you would like to use any of these custom actors in levels of your own, please contact me.

This map uses TeamSpecificActorsv2 by Robin 'Jrubzjeknf' van Olst. Additional thanks to Clan DW for letting me use their servers, and testing, and #Unrealscript for the assistance. Epic Games and Ben Beckworth for UT2004 and ONS-Tricky.

Cool! That UT3 Scorpion looks almost complete! Can I use these vehicles to base my UT3 vehicles on now?
    And about the map, is there anything that was changed in the map itself?

Comment

There are a couple of changes to the level, although they are more on the order of finessing the gameplay rather than completely changing it -- Tricky is Tricky, after all, and you either like it or you don't.

In order to improve chances for a comeback, each base is given several Locusts and a single EMP Deployer. The EMP Deployer is protected by a force field that will kill enemy players that attempt to take it. The force field is also a risk to any enemy Mantas that invade your base and attempt to spawnkill your team.

The prime nodes are both given an extra jump pad, one leading towards the center of the map and the one that leads up to the turret is now located closer to the node structure. Playerstarts have been spread out to reduce the effectiveness of spawnkilling.

There are some other minor changes, but entirely changing the vehicle dynamic of the map by making Scorpions that are actually useful is a big enough change in itself.

As for the vehicles, send me a PM.

Comment

Nice work. Online on TechCom.cz ONS-32.

Comment

I cant download it, says it has to be "processed" first before downloading

Comment

Thanks for making me aware, I guess something screwed up when Filefront had that whole, "We're closing down shop!" bit a few months ago. I'll upload this again tomorrow.

Comment

Thanks man, I tried downloading it and Filefront wouldnt let me Install it, but thanks for Trying to Reupload it

Comment

Re-uploaded the file to FileFront and updated the download link in the first post, check it out and let me know if you have any more difficulties.

Comment

K, I'll make sure of that.

Comment

No joy, The link doesn't work FileFront sends you to a blank page.

Comment

Originally posted by HornDog View Post
                      No joy, The link doesn't work FileFront sends you to a blank page.
                      Worked for me? Did you try the updated link on the first post?

Comment

Originally posted by Wail of Suicide View Post
                        Worked for me? Did you try the updated link on the first post?
                        It's working now. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X