ONS-FrozenTundra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    i really hate this i build all the paths and everything is gone on the map is this a new bug with this engine now

OK now im getting path errors for flyingnode that are not even on the map this makes no sense at all

im uploading the new version right now can someone please take a look at this map and tell me what is going on

Edit: the new version is uploaded and ready for testing

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I forgot to add the blocking volumes i just added them i am going to upload a new version in the next half hour so it will be version 1.10

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That's odd, if you're inside a building, you should get a lot more FPS than outside, as outside there are a lot more things to render... I might look into what you've made, but I have my own project to do...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ok im back i have most of the map done except the mountain bases im going to realease the beta version sometime to day after i add all the weapons and health packs plus new screen shots of the level

im going to need testers for this level

Im still having problems with the frame rate most of the map is above 40-50 fps but at the main bases it drops and i have zone protals there so i have no idea why it is droping all the time.

All comments are welcome as long as they are constructive and not Insulting

thank you all for waiting so long for the level i hope you all enjoy this level

Edit: the download link is on the first page

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeap, warnings don't mean much, just bots generally like to behave better when there are less warnings. And some warnings even mean nothing, like the Editor complains if there are any movers that are not associated with some actors, but movers usually *are* unassociated. And if you associate one Door actor with two movers (double door), the editor even gives an Error, which is really silly.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    well i opened ONS-Torlan and my god that map has a lot of path errors a lot more than my map so i guess im ok with the way my paths are for now i will just put blocking volumes around the mountains so the bots dont try to go up them when there is no paths there.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Not true. Open ONS-Torlan, you will see AssaultPaths there. You have to add them once your path turns from white to anything else.
    As for the warnings about being non-reachable - you might have a path clipped somewhere, but if it's not clipped then just ignore those warnings, just be sure to have AssaultPaths.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the link to the tutorial that helped me out big time i got most of the pathing fixed.

Still have a few problems trying to get the green to turn white i hope to have that fixed very soon.

I havent really worked on this map that much in the last couple of days i caught my roommates cold and just cant seam to get ride of it.

Ok the assault paths do not work at all i have followed the tutorial to the letter and still i get errors every time i review the paths

Plus i have looked at other ONS maps and not a single one uses assault paths and they have green paths leading to there cores and the bots have no problem attacking the cores or nodes

I dont get it at all why is it that on there maps everything works fine but on mine the bots go crazy and wont attack the core this makes no sense at all. I have a white path going to every node base the only ones that are green are in side the main bases and the mountain bases but i still get this every time i review paths

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No, if you choose the bots to be Inhumane then they won't be like humans
    Weapon Lockers are the best option in these large scale Onslaught maps.
    As for the paths, here's a full tutorial:
    http://blitz.unrealplayground.com/tutorials/bots.html

However, pathing is basically fixing your previous pathing errors. You have to path the whole map before trying to play with bots. As I have described earlier, the fix for bots immediately leaving vehicles is to add AssaultPaths where ever your white paths end. Set the AssaultPath's option so it's ObjectiveTag matches your node tags (like, blue core would need ONSPowerCoreBlue).

As for making the paths white from green, you have to be sure that paths go straight through the middle between two impassable areas, and add a PathNode only where you want your bots to turn.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    well i did the test and it was not good at all the link setup is good but my bot pathing is very bad bot leave vehicles and travel on foot or they try to clim a hill where there is no paths or they just go in circles and do nothing

I just found out about the Review Path option and my god the list is very long i have a lot of learning to do about bot pathing a ONS map it is not that easy

edit: What do you guys think should i add exion v3.0 mod so that all the building can be destroyable?

Edit2: i need some major help with the bot pathing in the main bases i cant get a white path only green i will upload the map to filefront just ask me for the link to get it

this is not for release i still have a lot of work to do on this map i just need help with the bot pathing im doing something wrong but i dont know what it is

Leave a comment:

• replied
    is there a way to make them more human without lowering there skill level?

I have a question would you prefer a tournament weapon pickup base with full ammo or have to pick up the ammo?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you set them on a high level, they tend to do that. Also they like other cheats, like firing a Goliath even if the cannon is looking at the opposite side or generally just moving faster than a player could.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    how come the bots can see and attack me when i cant even see them?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hmmm, it's unsymmetrical like that and basically blue now has the opportunity to access the middle node faster than red - it's 2 nodes, while red has 3. I suggest something like this (I crossed out one link with red):

I see your point though, it would seem that the middle node is not worth taking as that would mean 5 nodes to the enemy. But it actually is worth taking: that way you can isolate up to 2 nodes and instantly get only 1 node to the enemy, while the enemy gets even up to 2 nodes to you. Plus, adding one better vehicle in the middle would make it more favourable. And with 4 connecting nodes, it's not that easy to isolate the middle node.

By the way, a good way to test if link setups are good or not is to do it the XceptOne way (his site is down, can't give you a link ). Basically spectate a botmatch, but after starting enter this into the Console: slomo 3.0 This will make everything three times faster and you'll be able to quickly see who's winning. Play like this like 10 times, if the winners are pretty much equal, then the link setup is good.

Oh, and the minimap texture is now very nice

Leave a comment:

• replied
    if i link 4-7-8 they will not go to the middle node as that makes it 5 moves instead of 4

here is the setup with that change

2-5-4-6
    9-8-1-3
    2-5-7-1-3
    9-8-7-4-6

what about this instead link 5-7-8 / 6-7-8

that gives this

2-5-4-6
    9-8-1-3
    2-5-7-6
    9-8-7-6

Edit: sorry for the number change on the nodes i deleted nodes by mistake and rebuilt the level so its not the same as the first post
    here is a screen shot of that setup
    and here is the new radar map i hope thats better

Leave a comment:

Working...
X