No announcement yet.

ONS-FrozenTundra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok im back. I have to start getting back in to my old ways again. So i have built the mountain base out of static meshes today from staticmeshes from the editior for right now until i get them built in 3dsmax which will take awhile im still learning that program. i have set almost all the pathnodes and roadnodes and flynodes.

I did a test run of the game and the bots follow the paths and even go in the mountain bases.

I have to design some small bases or destroyed buildings for the rest of the nodes and then the central node base which im still undecided on how i want to build it and what i should put there for vehicles.

I will be posting new screenshots from the editor and in the game tomorrow.

I reduced the number of turrets at the main bases.
    Im going to keep the vehicles that are there except the shocktank those will be some where else on the map or i might just put one MASfactory somewhere on the map

I have to figure out how to make the bots a little smarter though its to easy to attack them does anyone know how to make bots smarter

until tomorrow you all have a nice night

Comment

Set bots' level to higher. Godlike is the best, Novice is the worst, I usually play on Adept or Masterful.

Comment

how do i set the bots level i cant find that

this is new to me so bear with me on this one

Comment

Sorry, don't mean to be negative here, but if it's called "Ultimate Doom" it should have something to do with Ultimate DOOM or be something really, really special.

I don't see it being either. Admittedly I haven't tried your map yet, but I don't see anything from the screen shots that sets it apart enough to make it Ultimate.

Comment

Originally posted by jefe View Post
            Sorry, don't mean to be negative here, but if it's called "Ultimate Doom" it should have something to do with Ultimate DOOM or be something really, really special.

I don't see it being either. Admittedly I haven't tried your map yet, but I don't see anything from the screen shots that sets it apart enough to make it Ultimate.
            well "ons-1-on-1-room-of-doom" has nothing to do with doom but you did not say anything in your post there about his name.

it just a name who cares about a name as long as the level plays good thats all that matters.

And with that said here is the new screen shots i still have stuff to add and the mountain bases are temporary until i get them built in 3dsmax

here are the top down views sorry for the way they look streched i resized them bigger

Comment

here are the pics from the mountain base its not what i planed for it so bare that in mind when you comment on it The last pic is dark because im making some torches in 3dsmax to put in there.

I didnt add weapons to the mountain bases yet only vehicles right now

Comment

I'd say your map is shaping up quite well.

And yeah, name is secondary. It could be called ONS-SewageRunoff and no-one would care, as long as it played well. Since you've got a snow-map here, I reccomend something like ONS-FrozenTundra, or something.

Comment

thank you for your comments i like that name if its ok with you could i use it for my game. I will put you in the readme file for coming up with the name

Comment

i have a question i just checked my FPS and its really weird i get average 20-30 at the main bases but when i go to the mountain bases it goes between from 16 average to almost 90 in the tunnels i have 8 torches with fire emitters by the nodes could this cause the big spike in the FPS

Edit: i fixed it i cut out most of the torches that where by the node and that did the trick

I still cant figure out how to change the bots skill level some help on that would be great.

Comment

Yeah. Go ahead and use that name, just do a quick search to make sure no other maps have it too.

Oh, and I'm not sure about that framerate issue thing. To be honest, I'm more of a pallete-changing-skinner/voice-packer.

Have you checked your antialiasing? I read that a lot when it comes to framerate issues.

Comment

To set bots' level, before starting the game, go to the Game Options tab (at the top), then you will see a drop-down field named Bot Skill, and you change it there. (not sure about the actual naming, I'm using a Lithuanian localisation ).

About FPS, that's the map's issue. You have to zone off areas and also add AntiPortals. Hourences has a great guide on that: http://www.hourences.com/book/tutorialszoning.htm

And yeah, your level looks awesome. Pretty much like ONS-ArcticStronghold.

Comment

Originally posted by bradford789 View Post
                          well "ons-1-on-1-room-of-doom" has nothing to do with doom but you did not say anything in your post there about his name.
                          That's because I don't make a habit of criticizing names of maps. And the name of that map was descriptive: a 1-on-1 spambox.

People wouldn't get a good idea of what your map was about by just looking at the old name. Like, if I downloaded something called ONS-UltimateDOOM or ONS-Wolfenstein, i'd expect a map based on that franchise.

I like the new name btw.

Comment

thats where i got my idea for this map i like ONS-ArcticStronghold i play it all the time but there is a lot of flaws with that map that i dont like and the way he did the landscape with static meshes makes it look bad
                            plus the textures in the bases are not lined up right and there is holes in the terrain that you get caught in behind some of the static meshes

Comment

Yeap, ArcticStronghold has bugs and is actually quite small scaled. Will be interesting to see the finished version.
                              And make sure you have a radar map. It's very useful in maps like this, but takes time to make.

Comment

im in the process of making the radar map for the level i played it a few times and even though im making it i get lost some times on it

Comment

Working...
                                X