No announcement yet.

ONS-FrozenTundra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you do, include a top-down view of the map, so that we can get a view of the local topography. It'll help us suggest places to put your nodes.

Comment

i allready posted the terrain picture its on the first part of this post

i havent built around the nodes yet so i placed vehicles there so you guys can see where i have them

here is two new screen shot from the editor

Comment

im think of adding xweathereffect to the map so it will snow in the level what do you guys think should i add snow or will it slow the game down to much for people with slower computers

Comment

Um, if I know my UnrealEd components correctly (and I probably don't), I don't think xweathereffect creates THAT much lag.

If I'm wrong, you could always make an alternate version for those of us with the big rigs.

In terms of vehicle placement, if you put a Goliath anywhere aside from the cores, put it at the central node. The open terrain is ideal for Goliath movement, but the path restrictions from the central node area prevent it from being too much of a hassle

Also, as you've got some aircraft, one way to prevent them from dominating the match would be to make the nodes at the two corners not occupied by the cores to be inside the hills you have there. Interior nodes often do well in vehicle-heavy maps, as they can force on-foot combat. Just, make sure there are no interior turrets or vehicle spawns. If the attackers are forced to go on foot, make the defenders have the same limitations. You can have turrets at those nodes, just not inside.

Then again, I could be talking out of my **** here, so perhaps you should get some other advise too?

Comment

Yeap, now the link setup looks nice to me. However, what's the point of connecting the nodes 2 and 6?

And xWeatherEffects don't affect the performance at all. Basically all it does is attach a snow emitter to you. And snow is 2D and the particles are identical, so all it takes is to display the same graphic in different places - basically no loss in performance. At least not more than you lose when you fire a weapon.

Comment

thank you for all your replies i was thinking of putting a few of the nodes in the hills. i will model a few mountain bases in 3dsmax over the weekend and see how it comes out

im not sure why i linked 2-6 i does look weird so i will unlink 2-6 10-9

Comment

Yeap, and that makes it a very eye-pleasing wheel form Good idea, and good luck finishing the map!

Comment

thank you for your help have a nice weekend all of you and see you on monday with i hope most of the map done

Comment

i have a question how do you stop vehicles from going in the mountain bases

Comment

What do you mean? If you make a mountain steep enough, vehicles won't be able to get on top?

Comment

What i meant was the entrances to the mountain bases how do i keep vehicles from entering the bases

Comment

Oh, that. Well, you can always make a BlockingVolume that is a ClassBlocker of the class Vehicle.

Comment

thank you again i forgot about the blockingVolume thanks again

Comment

i will not be working on this map for awhile im sorry my dog passed away about 6 hours ago and i just cant handle doing this for a while plus i will be heading to new york for two weeks for christmas.

Im very sorry for this topic

if the moderators or who every feels the need to remove this thread that is ok with me i will post a new one when or even if i finish this map. I loved my dog two much and i just dont have the mind frame to even try to build this map. You all have been very nice and helpful and i appreciate that very much i hope you all have a very happy christmas and new year.

Take care

Sincerly: Bradford789

Comment

Sorry about your dog, man.

Comment

Working...
                                X