• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Axon with restored original texture

1. Name: Axon Restored

2. Version: 1.0, Most likely final.

3. Compatibility: ut2004 w/latest patches

4. Description:
    As some of you know, I've been working on a wireframe skinpack, and in the first release I didn't include Xan or Axon because the abdomen texture can't be changed with a normal upl file. So while browsing the various texture packages and animations, I found the original abdomen texture file for Axon. His texture is a worn chain mail texture, which in my opinion looks a lot better on him than Xan's wire texture. For that matter, I think Xan looks better with Axon's texture too.

The nice thing about the original texture is that it makes him look a lot more like a man in a mechanized suit, which is how he is described in his player description.

The best I can tell is that no one has discussed this here or released a verison with the original texture.

5. Comments: package includes option to replace Axon with the restored texture, or to use the restored texture version as a new character. Same applies for Xan.

6. Screenshots:

7. Credits: Epic for the textures, models, great game.
    Animation file is based on the version extracted by :TsT:Engine for the skin EXan
    8. Homepage: n/a
    9. Download: http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/jinpac...t?.dir=/UT2004 (AxonRestored1dot0.zip)

Hmm.. Care to post some comparison images, as currently I see absolutely no difference?

Comment

Maybe there is something I'm missing, this is what I see on my son's computer, which was my old one. I took a screen shot on his just to be sure. I've always seen Axon that way, with the xan texture. I tried deleting the new upls, and but I see the new texture on them, at least in-game. On the setting menu, I see the xan texture.

In both cases the xanrobots.ukx and xplayersl2.upls are unmodified. Is it just a quirk of hardware and system settings?

Comment

That is weird. I recall seeing in the xPawn.uc and SpeciesType.uc having something to do with the "Xan hacks", where it mentions abdomen textures. Not sure if it is related though.

Changing the skins from the UPL files will not affect the abdomen, since the UPL can only affect the first two skins of the mesh.

Comment

Originally posted by DougC-Icarus View Post
          That is weird. I recall seeing in the xPawn.uc and SpeciesType.uc having something to do with the "Xan hacks", where it mentions abdomen textures. Not sure if it is related though.

Changing the skins from the UPL files will not affect the abdomen, since the UPL can only affect the first two skins of the mesh.
          So I take it that on most computers people already see the Axon abdomen texture? I did a little bit of testing on my computer and if you change the variable UseSpecular=1 (which, unintuitively, disables specular shader effects) to UseSpecular=0 you'll see the Xan texture.

Add this to a upl to see:

Code:
          Player=(DefaultName="Axon0",Race="Cybernetic",Mesh=XanRobots.XanM03,species=xGame.SPECIES_Bot,BodySkin=UT2004PlayerSkins.XanMk3v2_Body,FaceSkin=UT2004PlayerSkins.XanMk3v2_Head,Portrait=UT2004PlayerSkins.XanMk3v2_Portrait,Text=XPlayers.XanRobotBA,Sex=Male,Menu="",Aggressiveness=-0.2,CombatStyle=-0.2,Jumpiness=+1.0,StrafingAbility=+1.0,Accuracy=+0.15,UseSpecular=0,TeamFace=1,BotUse=3)
          It would be interesting if this is indeed how that hack is activated, and even more interesting if it lets you replace that texture via upl.

Well in any case, this pack will still let you use the Axon texture on Xan, and also lets you use the Axon texture on any Axon/Xan skins you may have downloaded.

Just open the upl for the skin and replace
          Code:
          Mesh=XanRobots.XanM03
          with
          Code:
          Mesh=Axon_Original.EXan_Mesh

Comment

Working...
          X