DM-Goa'uld_Mothership (DM/AS) [Public Beta][Pics][Public DL]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Goa'uld_Mothership (DM/AS) [Public Beta][Pics][Public DL]

Name: Goa'uld Mothership (DM to test, will become AS)

Version: Beta 2, (9/3/2008)

Compatibility: Built and tested with UT2k4 so far. ECE not required.

Description:
    This is a preview of a possible addition to the Stargate SGC map. If all goes well, it will be added as part of the objectives and will incorperate the ring platform system that was previously released and possibly the addition of replicators (if the spawning issue is resolved). This version was released as a DM in order for everyone to test and even fight without having to observe the objectives that will be added.

The overall floorplan of the mothership is as follows:

Where 1 is the Ring Room, 2 is the hallways of the ship, 3 is the bridge and 4 is the view of the planet Abydos from above.

For information, pics and video having to do with the Transportation Ring Platform, GO HERE.

Comments:
    This floorplan is as accurate as I could get to how a mothership is layed out. If you have any suggestions please feel free to speak your mind, but keep in mind that every Ha'tak has hallways that are decorated differently.

Screenshots:

Teal'c in central hall of mothership.

Serpent Guard ready for standoff near ring room of mothership

Serpent Guard ready for standoff near ring room of mothership

Horus Guard in combat near central hall of mothership.

Rightmost hallway, standing near bridge and looking towards ring room.

Ha'tak Pel'tak (mothership bridge) viewing Abydos from above.

Credits:
    *Designed and built by Killer909
    *All materials not created by myself is basic UT resources.
    *Note that I am not including the Stargate related characters and that that project is independent of this one.

Homepage: N/A

Download: LINK (3.12 MB)

Sooooooooooo goooooood

Comment

great is so funny
      god job

Comment

wow Killer909 you made nice map again !

where can I download player model and weapon ?
        looks nice too

Comment

Thanks everyone. If there are any huge stargate fans out there that might understand the floorplans of ha'taks, please feel free to chime in.
          Buffy: I will see if I can find a link to those for you.

Comment

Encoding Video Footage now TDM about 7 mins. Uploading to X-fire now. Overall great TDM gameplay nice closed quarters for tight firefights. Most enjoyable.

Video Footage but bad bass reverb so you have been warned!

Comment

Thank you sooo much JP. Watching someone else play has pointed out several things that need to be improved.
              Does the shape/size of the floorplan help keep the gameplay satisfactory/too fast/way too fast?
              Would a battle that included replicators attacking both teams be over the top?

Comment

Originally posted by Killer909 View Post
                Thank you sooo much JP. Watching someone else play has pointed out several things that need to be improved.
                No problem, glad to pitch in even if it was in some small way.

Does the shape/size of the floorplan help keep the gameplay satisfactory/too fast/way too fast?
                the corridors could use a lil more space but only maybe an extra 4 to 5 UT Kubics wide?

Would a battle that included replicators attacking both teams be over the top?
                It might actually, but could be fun to play test to see how it flows and plays.

Comment

Wow, this is really cool looking, I'll have to DL and check it out!

Seeing this encourages me to go forward with a Stargate idea I had for
                  UT3!

(deliberately being vague

Thx for posting this! I'm a SG fan :P

Comment

Those shots look great. Gonna try this for definate.

Comment

hello
                      this is a good project!!

i hope someon know how to create a server with all stargate crreated by fan?

a server online, with stargte skinn weapon skin and all map of killer?

someon can make this?

Comment

I can't run a server but I would be willing to work with anyone to keep my latest stuff running.

Comment

Beta 2 now available (see first post). Beta 2 includes tons up visual upgrades, the working Transportation Ring Platform, and a generalized version of the Abydos temple which can be "Ringed" to. At the moment, it looks like adding the mothership mini map to the SGC map will be possible. I am attempting to add replicators as an added objective/obsticle, but the teleporting to spawn point issue is still the only problem. If anyone would like to lend a few minutes of help to get the replicators completed, please let me know.

Comment

I completed the Goa'uld Mothership project. It includes the transportation ring platform which has been upgraded to work with bots. The only changes to the DM-Goa'uld_Mothership (version 2) has to do with the ring room so I will not be posting another beta of the Mothership. Instead, I will be posting SGC Beta5, which is the huge project I am working on. Beta5 will include (for those that are not in the know):

*Cheyenne Mountain
                            *NORAD Tunnel
                            *The SGC (which includes a Stargate)
                            *Abydos and Abydos Temple (which includes a Stargate and Ring Platform)
                            *Goa'uld Mothership (Which includes a Ring Platform)

Keep in mind that this is all a single map... No multi-map loading... which means that you can walk from Cheyenne Mountain to the SGC, through the gate to Abydos and then ring to the Mothership.

Replicators will be omitted for now, as the spawning issue has not been resolved (Anyone wanting to assist, please contact me).

Thanks to everyone that watched this thread and kept sending me PM.

Comment

No problems on my end although I still want those SG player models. So I can build up a better video shoot.

Comment

Working...
                              X