X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks real good too.

Comment

Originally posted by <RfdS>GAFFA View Post
      post saying when your releasing full version please, because most don't they just put into full releases. it just makes it easier for people like me i really want to play these on tam
      I sure will.

The plan is to do individual releases on each map for public beta tsting, and feedback.
      Then they'll be packed up into a map pack upon final release, and I will update this thread.

I HAVE SOME STUFF FOR YOU GUYS TO PLAY:
      Okay here is the Horizon BETA- FEEDBACK PLEASE. Is it TOOO Dark?
      This can be played online on the server I provided the IP for in a few posts above. Let me know what you think, all critisicim and feedback will be taken heavily into consideration.
      http://rapidshare.com/files/13572388..._Beta.rar.html

Here is like the (Alpha?) version of Evil-Hands. It's pretty "unpolished" gameplay wise, the new version is a whole lot better. This was not named beta .It's very beta though, the screenshots you see here should show you the stark differences.
      As far as this map goes (Evil Hands) feedback is not as crucial. I'd still like to hear any comments about improvement.
      http://www.map-factory.org/4-ut-2004...-dm-evil-hands
      It's already brighter, has health and adren, and the hands work more convincingly (new unreleased version)

Comment

I just played Horizon on your server. It's definately bright enough so the darkness does not interfere with the gameplay in any way.
        The original is a little brighter and an ever so slight bit bluer at that.

The redeemer doesn't really fit, in my opinion. That's up to everyone's taste of course.

I like the extreme fluid surface that is supposed to simulate this framebuffer effect UC2 has for the water outside.

The map scaling could be a bit bigger, maybe. As it is now the players look about as big as those in UC2 so you built it to match the visual side of things. In UT2004 the movement is different though, so to make the level work better with UT2004's gameplay you might want to scale it up a notch. Just a bit. Nothing severe.

This is shaping up nicely. Keep up the great work you've been doing.

Comment

Hmm, where does Deadbolt come from? Don't see it in the screenshots.
          EDIT: Oh, the server has more maps. Thought it was only for UC stuff.
          Somehow Evil Hands doesn't want to be downloaded... It said "Receiving DM-Evil_Hands][, Complete 210%" lol!

Comment

You should join UC2004 team! If they are still active, that is.

Comment

From what I understand they are but only Mons and maybe 2 others still post. Thanatos and Knightmare have both flown the coupe. Thanatos was seen recently at BuF but only for a post about Malcome in regards to a UT3 edition. Other than that He hasn't been around for months. Reason? Unknown and undefined.

Comment

Originally posted by Murphy View Post
                I just played Horizon on your server. It's definately bright enough so the darkness does not interfere with the gameplay in any way.
                The original is a little brighter and an ever so slight bit bluer at that.

The redeemer doesn't really fit, in my opinion. That's up to everyone's taste of course.

I like the extreme fluid surface that is supposed to simulate this framebuffer effect UC2 has for the water outside.

The map scaling could be a bit bigger, maybe. As it is now the players look about as big as those in UC2 so you built it to match the visual side of things. In UT2004 the movement is different though, so to make the level work better with UT2004's gameplay you might want to scale it up a notch. Just a bit. Nothing severe.

This is shaping up nicely. Keep up the great work you've been doing.
                That's some great feedback Murph. Thanx. Anything in there glaring that irks ya? Demmer seems to work well in online settings cause it's REALLY hard not to get "denied" if there are like 6 players in the map.How you liking the weapon layout?

Posted by: Emerald
                Hmm, where does Deadbolt come from? Don't see it in the screenshots.
                EDIT: Oh, the server has more maps. Thought it was only for UC stuff.
                Somehow Evil Hands doesn't want to be downloaded... It said "Receiving DM-Evil_Hands][, Complete 210%" lol
                That's just a bad redirect. It keeps getting messed up on that map somehow. We've done a LOT of server tweaking lately, and **** like that happens. No worries the version you'd rather play will be up for "final beta" within the next week.

As for Deadbolt...same mapper

You should join UC2004 team! If they are still active, that is
                Shredprince, who created these maps was one of the orginal like 5 members of UC2004. He was trying to port UC2 maps before that project came along, and was quickly recruited. At that time, he would have NEVER tried to remake a map like Praxis. The reason being that he did NOT have the static meshes needed to remake it properly. So when he joined UC2004, he started on these maps. Thinking he had a modeler making meshes for him. Since things were moving to slow for his pace, and his desire for productivity, he left UC2004, and learned to make his own models. He went into this with no modeling experince at all. He paused on Praxis and Horizon to create Deadbolt, to pick up where he had left off before joining UC2004. Deadbolt was a great chance to learn to model a bit, and it came out very nicely and was well recived, and he's quite proud of it.

As far as UC2004's activity is concearned, I really hope they do put something out one day. Shred even said that he's going to give them a slightly special/tweaked version of Horizon for their mod. Due to massive fighting about Praxis, and being told how "off" it was, he decided that Praxis is gonna be UT2004 stock gameplay only.

Praxis will feature the 20 adren pill, so it will fuel combo useage. The hope is people use speed a lot in the map.

Comment

Originally posted by PipeTool View Post
                  Demmer seems to work well in online settings cause it's REALLY hard not to get "denied" if there are like 6 players in the map.
                  Ah, ok. We were only four people and I think one of us was a bot. The redeemer got fired three or four times (twice by me) and it always got through.

The weapon-layout was fine. Works like a charm. I'm not an expert on this but nothing is grossly off. The weapon-bases are simple but cool and they fit really well. They are a little small however, so I often mistook them for deco in the beginning. If they were a bit bigger they might get the point across more clearly. Not that it would be much of an issue.

I can't remember this 100% but I think there are no health-vials in this map, right? I don't think placing them where they would be in UC2 would have a great negative impact on the map. Maybe you could do that.

Comment

What do you propose should be put up there Murph?

I'm thinking the 3 "Nahkti Adrenaline" near the uDamage might be a bit much. Maybe, not cause it IS true to the poriginal that way.

So maybe instead of the Deemer a Supershield or something? There is also super Adrenaline (50) and (100).

What do you think should go in the deemer spot. THere is also a shiled jump right there where something crazy could be made.

hmmmm.

Comment

I have no idea.
                      I just think three super pick-ups are over-kill on such a small level. In UC2 it isn't as bad because super-adrenalin isn't that powerful and some characters have abilities to counter UD (fear, primal scream) and due to rejecting the UD is more dangerous to the one who has it too.
                      On the other hand you are right in that something good has to go up there.
                      Maybe a 50 shield pack comes close to UC2's super-adrenalin in terms of power?

Comment

3 super pickups might be indeed a tad much but two medium pickups and a health booster might not be too bad?

Comment

I think there is going to be a super shield in the Redeemers place now. Not totally sure though.

Comment

*nods* might be a smart move on that, could give someone that doesn't play that well that lil xtra advantage on sink of swim.

Comment

Need someone to take over!

Is there a mapper out there that would like to take on these maps and complete them?

I have stepped away from UT completely, and I would like the community and those who desire this content to have it.

These two are VERY near complettion. They really just need testing a tweaking and some lighting tweaks. The meat of the maps is there.

If you want to take these on, please email me @:

sith_assassin@telux.org

Comment

WOW, Cant wait for those maps, they look AWSOME.

Comment

Working...
                                X