Ons-h.u.g.e._beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ons-h.u.g.e._beta

ONS-H.U.G.E. (Hexic Unlimited Generated Ecosystems) is a massive Onslaught map coming in at 12x the size of red planet. It holds 47 nodes, 46 of which have defense switches that activate temporary shields that surround the nodes for 30 seconds. Available are 3 paths to choose from, there is plenty of Z-axis (Not just flat like my last big ONS map Paludosus ), about a 100 or so vehicles, and it can easily hold 64 players. The map also comes with custom music.

There is currently no working bot pathing. I have it all placed in my map but my editor crashes whenever I try to build it If anyone would be willing to take a stab at building it, that'd be awesome

Mirror 1 - Download ONS-H.U.G.E._BETA [22.3MB]
    The ECE Bonus Pack is required!

View Image 1
    View Image 2
    View Image 3

Constructive criticism and comments welcomed!

//EDIT: 47 nodes, not 36

Bet the file size is huge too, huh?

Comment

Delete all your pathnodes and do them again. The same thing happened to me a while back and that solved the problem. But I only had about 150 nodes.

Comment

L4Y Duke:

The file size isn't too bad for a map of this proportion [22.3MB] I tried to keep most of the detail in the terrain and deco layers to keep the map size as low as possible and optimization high. I've seen way smaller maps with larger file sizes. The file size is listed on my website where the download link takes you, I'll put it in the description as well.

{TARD}-C3nT:

I tried deleting all the path nodes and trying again. I can build the path nodes, road nodes, and air node separately but when I combine them I can't build any more then a quarter of the maps worth of nodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeonic View Post
          ONS-H.U.G.E. (Hexic Unlimited Generated Ecosystems) is a massive Onslaught map coming in at 12x the size of red planet.
          Que? That's the engine limit right?

Comment

Kantham:

I'm not to sure what the limit is exactly. The grid in UnrealED extends to 524,288 UI and the map's half of that (262,144 UI) so I'm guessing there's a bit more room to spare but I definitely wouldn't go past that for the UT2004 engine, I've already reached a couple limitations with this one. Ex: Notable shot cull, you can't shoot as far as you can see, and the path nodes can't be built (I'm assuming it's UnrealED and not my comp. I can't run UT3 full graphics just fine.)

Comment

It's really too bad the game engine won't let you see any farther than 65,536 UU.

Comment

With a map THIS big, it's a shame there are no bot paths

Comment

Yes, I was rather disappointed to be 99% done for beta testing and find my paths wouldn't build. It's definitely a kick in the ***. Could someone give it a try at building them? I'd really like to know if it's just me or if it's UnrealED. I'll definitely give you proper credit if it works, cause a map without working bot support isn't all that fun :\

Yeah it is a shame the engine cuts at 65,536 UU, I'm sure it helped a lot in older machines though but now it's just kind of a pain. At least they got rid of that in UT3.

Comment

all righty, I downloaded and will give it a shot in my all mighty editor. rofl

Comment

I thought the player limit was 32 in 2k4?

Comment

{TARD}-C3nT:

Thanks a lot for giving it a try, what's the verdict?

akstylish:

Yes, I believe the max player count is 32 in UT2004. I'm positive I've seen a hack or something around that can get it up to 64 though. Honestly, I don't know how well the UT2004 engine would handle it but at least the map could comfortably fit it.

Anyone have any critiques, comments, or found any glitches?

Comment

well,honestly, it crashes my editor when I try to load it. So you have more than just a pathing issue.

Build UT2004_Build_[2005-11-23_16.22]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2250 MHz with 2046MB RAM
                          Video: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT (6921)

General protection fault!

History: UStruct::SerializeBin <- (Class OnslaughtBP.ONSArtilleryShellSmall Glow[0]) <- UClass::Serialize <- (Class OnslaughtBP.ONSArtilleryShellSmall) <- TestReach <- (Class OnslaughtBP.ONSArtilleryShellSmall) <- UObjectProperty::Serialize <- (ObjectProperty OnslaughtBP.ONSMortarShell.Timer.SmallShell) <- TestReach <- (ObjectProperty OnslaughtBP.ONSMortarShell.Timer.SmallShell) <- UField::Serialize <- (IntProperty OnslaughtBP.ONSMortarShell.Timer.i) <- UProperty::Serialize <- (IntProperty OnslaughtBP.ONSMortarShell.Timer.i) <- TestReach <- (IntProperty OnslaughtBP.ONSMortarShell.Timer.i) <- UStruct::Serialize <- (Function OnslaughtBP.ONSMortarShell.Timer) <- UFunction::Serialize <- TestReach <- (Function OnslaughtBP.ONSMortarShell.Timer) <- UField::Serialize <- (Function OnslaughtBP.ONSMortarShell.Destroyed) <- UStruct::Serialize <- (Function OnslaughtBP.ONSMortarShell.Destroyed) <- UFunction::Serialize <- TestReach <- (Function OnslaughtBP.ONSMortarShell.Destroyed) <- UField::Serialize <- (Function OnslaughtBP.ONSMortarShell.ProcessTouch) <- UStruct::Serialize <- (Function OnslaughtBP.ONSMortarShell.ProcessTouch) <- UFunction::Serialize <- TestReach <- (Function OnslaughtBP.ONSMortarShell.ProcessTouch) <- UField::Serialize <- (Function OnslaughtBP.ONSMortarShell.SpawnEffects) <- UStruct::Serialize <- (Function OnslaughtBP.ONSMortarShell.SpawnEffects) <- UFunction::Serialize <- TestReach <- (Function OnslaughtBP.ONSMortarShell.SpawnEffects) <- UField::Serialize <- (Function OnslaughtBP.ONSMortarShell.Landed) <- UStruct::Serialize <- (Function OnslaughtBP.ONSMortarShell.Landed) <- UFunction::Serialize <- TestReach <- (Function OnslaughtBP.ONSMortarShell.Landed) <- UField::Serialize <- (Function OnslaughtBP.ONSMortarShell.HitWall) <- UStruct::Serialize <- (Function OnslaughtBP.ONSMortarShell.HitWall) <- UFunction::Serialize <- TestReach <- (Function OnslaughtBP.ONSMortarShell.HitWall) <- UField::Serialize <- (Function OnslaughtBP.ONSMortarShell.Explode) <- UStruct::Serialize <- (Function OnslaughtBP.ONSMortarShell.Explode) <- UFunction::Serialize <- TestReach <- (Function OnslaughtBP.ONSMortarShell.Explode) <- UField::Serialize <- (Function OnslaughtBP.ONSMortarShell.ExplodeInAir) <- UStruct::Serialize <- (Function OnslaughtBP.ONSMortarShell.ExplodeInAir) <- UFunction::Serialize <- TestReach <- (Function OnslaughtBP.ONSMortarShell.ExplodeInAir) <- UField::Serialize <- (Function OnslaughtBP.ONSMortarShell.TakeDamage) <- UStruct::Serialize <- (Function OnslaughtBP.ONSMortarShell.TakeDamage) <- UFunction::Serialize <- TestReach <- (Function OnslaughtBP.ONSMortarShell.TakeDamage) <- UStruct::Serialize <- (Class OnslaughtBP.ONSMortarShell) <- UState::Serialize <- UClass::Serialize <- (Class OnslaughtBP.ONSMortarShell) <- TestReach <- (Class OnslaughtBP.ONSMortarShell) <- UField::Serialize <- (Class OnslaughtBP.ONSMortarCamera) <- UStruct::Serialize <- (Class OnslaughtBP.ONSMortarCamera) <- UState::Serialize <- UClass::Serialize <- (Class OnslaughtBP.ONSMortarCamera) <- TestReach <- (Class OnslaughtBP.ONSMortarCamera) <- UObjectProperty::Serialize <- (ObjectProperty OnslaughtBP.ONSArtillery.MortarCamera) <- TestReach <- (ObjectProperty OnslaughtBP.ONSArtillery.MortarCamera) <- UField::Serialize <- (BoolProperty OnslaughtBP.ONSArtillery.bJustDeployed) <- UProperty::Serialize <- (BoolProperty OnslaughtBP.ONSArtillery.bJustDeployed) <- UBoolProperty::Serialize <- (BoolProperty OnslaughtBP.ONSArtillery.bJustDeployed) <- TestReach <- (BoolProperty OnslaughtBP.ONSArtillery.bJustDeployed) <- UField::Serialize <- (StructProperty OnslaughtBP.ONSArtillery.LastAim) <- UProperty::Serialize <- (StructProperty OnslaughtBP.ONSArtillery.LastAim) <- UStructProperty::Serialize <- (StructProperty OnslaughtBP.ONSArtillery.LastAim) <- TestReach <- (StructProperty OnslaughtBP.ONSArtillery.LastAim) <- UField::Serialize <- (FloatProperty OnslaughtBP.ONSArtillery.StartDrivingTime) <- UProperty::Serialize <- (FloatProperty OnslaughtBP.ONSArtillery.StartDrivingTime) <- TestReach <- (FloatProperty OnslaughtBP.ONSArtillery.Sta

Comment

Hmmm, and you're able to play it just fine? Do you have all the latest updates and the ECE pack?

Comment

I don't think i have ece

Comment

Working...
                              X