No announcement yet.

[MAP:BR] Legacy [DONE(I hope :P)]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tis a great map Radeon, plays great. All I need now is a new graphics card to make it playable.

Comment

I didn't encounter any pausing/sudden jerkiness with this map but I got a lot from unearthed.

Anyway, I think it's a good job, after playing for a while(a few hours actually), this map doesn't seems like it'll be suitable for any form of competitive play; too much waters, can't avoid them, some cavern static meshes ruin the flow. A lot of areas don't feel smooth enough, especially near the spawn points.
      The map is pretty, there's some stretch textures I notice near the lifts to the two corridors. The upper level of the base feels kinda flat and uninteresting. The tight corridor made it worst imho.
      The "chokepoint" where the ball is... it's a great job to the visual. But if you get up to where the ltg is, it doesn't feels right. Around the map looks bare from there, some tall hills and vegetation around the border will make it look more natural.
      I'm not really fond of this map's gameplay. I like linear bombing run maps, but the map have players teleport to predictable spots. Plus, through hole where player drops into the base's pool, is a bad idea imo; Gave defender with hitscan weapons too much advantage unless they totally don't know how a gun works.
      The concept is interesting, but I don't find myself to like the final product. But at least some parts are pretty original i guess.

Comment

I get the jerkiness too. I have noticed this on a few other maps... really not sure what causes it. I have seen a ton of talk on other baords about what causes it, but no one seems to know for sure. Other than that, this is an incredible map that is quite challenging! Thanks for the great work - it was worth the wait.

Comment

Okay Radeon I downloaded your map. Just for the record, I get the big skips as well (really big ones every 6 seconds or so).
          Also, the lighting inside the cave is pretty bad, way overdone in some areas, underdone in others and boring overall. No offense though, I've seen worse, but this is pretty bad
          The layout of the caves is equally questionable.

Anyway I want to say that the outside area is probably the best looking terrain for a map in any game in history. Really good job on that man :up:

I have a request however... would you consider scrapping the inside cave area, taking the outside only and really fixing it up (adding details and adjusting the layout) and turning it into a CTF or DDOM map? I guess BR would bo okay too.
          It's just that the outside is so incredible looking and that is really the only part of the map I like and would like to see a map made out of it. You really outdid yourself on that part. (imo)

Please consider it

oh btw, it looks like CreepingDeath fixed his AbandonedCrypt map finally, heres a link to the new thread:
          http://www.ina-community.com/forums/...hreadid=248551
          For some reason he put the wrong link up though, so we will have to wait for him to edit his post...

Comment

Okay Radeon I downloaded your map. Just for the record, I get the big skips as well (really big ones every 6 seconds or so).
            Also, the lighting inside the cave is pretty bad, way overdone in some areas, underdone in others and boring overall. No offense though, I've seen worse, but this is pretty bad

Anyway I want to say that the outside area is probably the best looking terrain for a map in any game in history. Really good job on that man

I have a request however... would you consider scrapping the inside cave area, taking the outside only and really fixing it up (adding details and adjusting the layout) and turning it into a CTF or DDOM map? I guess BR would bo okay too.
            It's just that the outside is so incredible looking and that is really the only part of the map I like and would like to see a map made out of it. You really outdid yourself on that part. (imo)

Please consider it

oh btw, it looks like CreepingDeath fixed his AbandonedCrypt map finally, heres a link to the new thread:
            http://www.ina-community.com/forums...threadid=248551
            For some reason he put the wrong link up though, so we will have to wait for him to edit his post...
            I think the cave area is okay just needs work on the lighting inside because right now it really doesn't look like a "cave".... you kind of want that dark,underground,damp, echoey feeling to it...... right now its bathed in light and doesn't look quite right

i think the cave should overall be darked a little bit but add a LOT more ambience to it...... like just soft hues here and there......

maybe since this cave has been "rennovated" for the tournament you can add some big spotlights on the walls to make up for the brightness of the cave... or if not just add some built in some small vetical ones into the rock (like have you ever been on a tour inside a real cave where they have stuff like that?, the kind of light fixtures you have when you get to the top of the elevator i think is what they look like) also is it possible to make the water a lot greener\bluish? I've been in caves before and the water is pure bluish green because it is so pure.. although underwater is about this color its still pretty murky on the top

as the tree is one of the main feautures underground i'd add some more ambient green hueish lighting... the inside white lights are good i think just need something to add more distinction on the entrance

last but not least there shold be another ramp or two leading from the water, because right now its hard to play with other people because you get lost so easy, which also makes it really hard to defend your goal

of course it is your map, your vision...... i suppose if i wanted it my way you should "make your own god **** map and then you can have what YOU want in it" hehe oh well

oh yea add fireflys! heh heh heh those are so cool

Comment

Originally posted by aerorip is back
              blah blah
              Nice ideas there. :up:

Comment

Originally posted by aerorip is back
                blah blah

Nice ideas there.
                Originally posted by Super-Moose
                I'm a big stupid head
                man super i know you just can't come up with the ideas like me but you gotta stop being so hard on yourself

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Plumb_Drumb

Anyway I want to say that the outside area is probably the best looking terrain for a map in any game in history. Really good job on that man :up:

Please consider it

http://www.ina-community.com/forums/...hreadid=248551

I agree, it does need better lighting.... but could you enlighten (no pun intended) me on exactly what I could do to fix it? and no, im not getting rid of the caves, they are a big part of the map. Im also gonna make it easier for the ballcarrier, i'v noticed that you basically turn into an easy case of target practice once you fall in, so im gonna fix that. Im also gonna do alot of re-working as far the static-meshs, as I said, they look out of place, and im gonna re-do them to fit the theme.

As for a progress update, Im re-doing the terrains with smaller hightmaps, it's already reduced the file size, so thats good.

Comment

I've just been playing a couple of bots on adept, and one of the stupid things on my team couldn't figure out how to get out of the water. She was trying to get out to the right of the tree entrance where the ground is raised slightly attacking the blue base.

Sticking with bots, they can't seem to get the double damage. They know it's there, but haven't mastered the art of getting their translocator up there and just keep trying whils the battles raging around them. Again, this was on adept.

Another thing I've managed to do is get stuck under the roots of the tree next to the link gun. You can translocate out, but I imagine it would be a bummer if you play with out it on.

Reading the first few posts in this thread about not being able to find the ball, I followed the radar staright off and it led me to the ion painter! I thought it was a bit odd being able to find a super weapon so easy, but I suppose as you can't use it inside the cave that's not a bad thing.

i'v noticed that you basically turn into an easy case of target practice once you fall in, so im gonna fix that
                      I noticed that too. Not good for instagib players!

Is the only health those test tube things at the base of the tree and at the sniper points? I find that I'm way down on health by the time I drop in to the water and I'm just finished off before I've reached the land. Maybe put some health before the drop in to the cave?

Cool map btw :up:

Comment

Originally posted by Radeon285
                        I agree, it does need better lighting.... but could you enlighten (no pun intended) me on exactly what I could do to fix it? and no, im not getting rid of the caves, they are a big part of the map. Im also gonna make it easier for the ballcarrier, i'v noticed that you basically turn into an easy case of target practice once you fall in, so im gonna fix that. Im also gonna do alot of re-working as far the static-meshs, as I said, they look out of place, and im gonna re-do them to fit the theme.

As for a progress update, Im re-doing the terrains with smaller hightmaps, it's already reduced the file size, so thats good.
                        That's great you are reworking all that stuff :up:

However, I just want to make myself clear here... i wasn't talking about scrapping the cave for Legacy, I was talking about taking the outside area and making a new map out of it by adding structures and detail, and tweaking it's layout for a CTF or DDOm maybe.... It was just a thought.
                        I know you probably hate the idea

Comment

Lighting problems = 2 Bright In The caves (especially in the corridors and stuff)

Maybe also use coloured lighting!.

Comment

Yeah, if you look at the lighting right in front of the Red goal (for instance) you can see how overdone it was. See how the textures are almost blurred out of view because the lighting is so bright there?

There seems to be very little lighting contrast in the cave as well.

The lighting in the tree corridors look very flat and boring. Ditch the purple flares too (purple aint cuttin it here)

Everything is just too white or yellowish... uninteresting.

I also think you should add more physical detail in the cave area and maybe the outside as well (there have already been plenty of suggestions for this in your two threads). And this is a little subjective, but I am not partial to teleporters, especially in BR.

Anyway...

Comment

Maybe I am missing something, but is there anyway to get out of the cave besides translocation up through the hole(s)?

Comment

There is a teleporter behind the tree...

Comment

Working...
                                X