X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Hmm yust played that map....

But why dont i like it :haha:

Well nice ideas in design etc :up: but i dont like to play it...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No kiddin you cant use it the caves :P That way people cant abuse the superweapons on the map, they are cheap peices of hardware from what im concerned.....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Legacy suggestions

The Layout is good, but i have a few suggestions.

1/ Add more exits to the underground cave. with only 1 teleporter in each base, you have only 1 route to the ball. A couple of capable players would be able to block the oposite team without any problem. (waiting for them outside). When there is only 1 escape route, you have a spam map.

Add another teleporter and maybe a jumpad to go in the upper clearing. Having a jumpad would make it fun too, because you would have quite a long flight.

2/ The sniper gun should be placed on a high spot. So you can use it right away. Maybe switch the Shock Rifle and the Sniper would work.

3/ Place the ball spawnpoint in the middle of the outside area. Not because you can't find it as it is now, but because it makes more sense.

4/ The Ion Painter should be placed outside (In a secret spot). (you can't use it in the caves!) Place a Redeemer instead in the caves.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Legacy Review

Intro : Some cave, yes...some cave

Size: Medium
    Size for the game-type: Good
    Unzipped essential file(s) size: 45Mb's (Very Huge)
    Worth the size: Quite...

Pro's
    -Stunning graphics
    -Great shortcuts
    -Nice design&good idea.
    -Bots generally perform good and weapon placement is very decent.

Con's
    -Frames are awefull.
    -Bots not fully believable.
    -Size (in Mb's) are huge!

---(5+Ok,6+Nice,7+ Good,8+ Very good,9+ No Way!,10+ NO!)---
    Graphics : 8.5/10: Mindbogling, superb...etc, all words to describe these graphics, although it does lag even outside...if Antalus can do it i'm sure this map can 2...
    Gameplay : 9/10 : Great conscept, good use of shortcuts and "backalleys", greatly done, maybe a bit "to" hard but easy to learn to the maps layout.
    Detail : 9/10: You can see little bits of water near the tree's roots, just 1 of the many little details in there...even after 20 minutes I constantly found new stuff, either graphical or gameplay effective.
    Weapon placement and A.I : 8.5/10 : Very solid but when you are on the tree and they fall down from the cave they don't pass, that could be a killer tactic, sadly un-usable with bots...they do though interact wonderfully with the water.
    Music/Sounds : 8/10 : Sounds are somewhat disapointing, you don't hear birds singing outside and the tree (as seen in several cartoons) "breath"...doesn't "feel", the music is good and very solid though.

Overall : 43/50 : 8.5/10 (Very-Good/No Way!) : A keeper (and unquestionably OWNAGE!) if not for these 4 thing ->

1-Increase the FPS.(By using those green things, forgot they're name :/)
    2-Add more sound FX.
    3-Add slighty more bot intelligence.
    4-Skip some stuff to decrease file size.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    :down::bulb::up:

That wasn't sarcasm. :sour:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just a personal preference, but I would love to see a mountainous sky-box rather than just the clouds. I really like the idea of playing at the foot of some huge mountain, and it would give the outside area more character I think.

I would have to agree totally... and maybe make those rocks and stuff a WHOLE LOT BIGGER.. really make it feel intimidating when ur outside, make it really feel like a valley in the mountains and your just a speck in the perverbial scheme of things

just like moose's wee wee.... he didn't like my wonderful ideas

Leave a comment:

• replied
    On the whole, a great achievement!

I have a few suggestions:

I think there needs to be more outside “decoration” in the way of rocks and trees. I remember in the other thread that the reason for this was that the map was supposed to be at high-altitude, but in its current incarnation I think that the map doesn’t feel “imposing” enough when you are outside, and there are precious few “natural markers” to let you know at a glance your location on the terrain.

Just a personal preference, but I would love to see a mountainous sky-box rather than just the clouds. I really like the idea of playing at the foot of some huge mountain, and it would give the outside area more character I think.

Concerning the caves themselves, I think that there need to be more “exits” rather than just the teleporter and a deft ability to use the translocator to get out through the holes. Considering their depth, perhaps jump-pads might form part of the solution? Also, getting into the teleporter is a bit of a tight-squeeze, and better lighting near the bridges leading up to the jump-pad in each cave would be wonderful.

That’s all, and keep up the great work! :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's not that hard to learn the map layout

Oh, GJ on the map dude, it's great :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    oh man, maybe I should make a ****ing map for this level, no one can figure out where the hell to go, lol.

And beleive me, i'll be adding more detail.....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There is a teleporter behind the tree...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Maybe I am missing something, but is there anyway to get out of the cave besides translocation up through the hole(s)?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah, if you look at the lighting right in front of the Red goal (for instance) you can see how overdone it was. See how the textures are almost blurred out of view because the lighting is so bright there?

There seems to be very little lighting contrast in the cave as well.

The lighting in the tree corridors look very flat and boring. Ditch the purple flares too (purple aint cuttin it here)

Everything is just too white or yellowish... uninteresting.

I also think you should add more physical detail in the cave area and maybe the outside as well (there have already been plenty of suggestions for this in your two threads). And this is a little subjective, but I am not partial to teleporters, especially in BR.

Anyway...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Lighting problems = 2 Bright In The caves (especially in the corridors and stuff)

Maybe also use coloured lighting!.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Radeon285
    I agree, it does need better lighting.... but could you enlighten (no pun intended) me on exactly what I could do to fix it? and no, im not getting rid of the caves, they are a big part of the map. Im also gonna make it easier for the ballcarrier, i'v noticed that you basically turn into an easy case of target practice once you fall in, so im gonna fix that. Im also gonna do alot of re-working as far the static-meshs, as I said, they look out of place, and im gonna re-do them to fit the theme.

As for a progress update, Im re-doing the terrains with smaller hightmaps, it's already reduced the file size, so thats good.
    That's great you are reworking all that stuff :up:

However, I just want to make myself clear here... i wasn't talking about scrapping the cave for Legacy, I was talking about taking the outside area and making a new map out of it by adding structures and detail, and tweaking it's layout for a CTF or DDOm maybe.... It was just a thought.
    I know you probably hate the idea

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've just been playing a couple of bots on adept, and one of the stupid things on my team couldn't figure out how to get out of the water. She was trying to get out to the right of the tree entrance where the ground is raised slightly attacking the blue base.

Sticking with bots, they can't seem to get the double damage. They know it's there, but haven't mastered the art of getting their translocator up there and just keep trying whils the battles raging around them. Again, this was on adept.

Another thing I've managed to do is get stuck under the roots of the tree next to the link gun. You can translocate out, but I imagine it would be a bummer if you play with out it on.

Reading the first few posts in this thread about not being able to find the ball, I followed the radar staright off and it led me to the ion painter! I thought it was a bit odd being able to find a super weapon so easy, but I suppose as you can't use it inside the cave that's not a bad thing.

i'v noticed that you basically turn into an easy case of target practice once you fall in, so im gonna fix that
    I noticed that too. Not good for instagib players!

Is the only health those test tube things at the base of the tree and at the sniper points? I find that I'm way down on health by the time I drop in to the water and I'm just finished off before I've reached the land. Maybe put some health before the drop in to the cave?

Cool map btw :up:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X