• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 Slow Time Kill mutator version 2, Mar 9 2008 [Beta][Updated]

Name: UT3 Slow Time Kill mutator
    Version: 2 (updated Mar 9 2008)
    Compatibility: UT2004 3369(?)

Description: After a human controlled player scores a kill, the game temporarily slows down (to 25% of normal speed), then speeds back up to normal.

Comments: None really. This is just sort of a cinematic effect. Converted over at Anuban's request. Modified to be compatible with GameSpeed mutator at Dark Kontroll's request.

Credits: Epic's UT3 team. All I did was convert it back to UT2k4, add one configuration variable, and made it compatible with the GameSpeed mutator.

Download: Download here!

This is such a great mutator ... thanks again for converting over to UT2K4 ... now I will be playing that a great deal more. This is my fav all time retail mutator ... it is just so cool. I'll be spreading the word to folks who still play the game ... this is gonna make a lot of UT2K4 folks very happy. Hats off to doing this in reply to my request. I really didn't think anyone was going to do it ... let alone the same day.

Comment

I'm glad it works. Given how close the UT3 code base is to UT2k4, a lot of stuff can be reverse converted. I don't really have a computer capable of satisfactorily running UT3 right now (which is why I have not yet made that purchase), so I'll continue to work on UT2k4 mods & mutes for the time being.

Comment

Sweetness. Gonna' go try it out.

Works wonderfully, and it's just as much fun as in UT3.
        Thanks so much for porting it.

While we're coming up with other ideas, would it be possible to do the on-screen blood splatter UT3 has (normally when you make an Impact Hammer kill, or, if you're using gibalicious, any time you're near a body when it splatters)?

Comment

That's good to know ... if I think of any other cool mutators to convert I will let you know ... actually if you download my pack of favorites you will find several mutators that would be great in UT2k4 ... in order I would think that people would love to have:

- Action Cam

http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...ight=ActionCam

- MotionBlur (not sure though that this is possible with UE2.5)

http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...ht=Motion+Blur

- Newtators such as Vampryic UDamage, Energy Leech, and Hardcore

http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...ight=newtators

- Customizable UT3 - For things like customizing starting health, superhealth and starting armor amounts

http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=592768

Anyway that is all I would ever want so at your leisure if you could do make any of these UT2K4 compatible that would be great ... I realize you need permission from the mod authors but some of these seem like they are gone and have just dropped working on their mutes so I can't see anyone of them having a problem with you taking what they have already done and just making it work for UT2K4 (an older game) as long as you give them credit for the original code and idea. Thanks again ... I'm off to play some more UT ... not sure which one atm but some bots are about to go through hell.

Comment

good job !

thank you for fun mutator for UT2004
            I play both game so really happy to have this for UT2004 too

Comment

Yeah motion blur is certainly possible and the hardcore code I actually brought over from some work with 2k4 Id done.

Infact, the 3 from newtators would be pretty easy to pull over to 2k4 as the gamerules class didnt change much.

Must admit though I havent played 2k4 in awhile, I did give it a quick bash the other week but only to test some stuff for bringing it to UT3.

Comment

Sweet, I would always use this one in UT3. But the DL link isn't working for me, I just get a plain blue filefront page. Maybe the problem is on their end, I'll try again later.

The Ballistic Weapons mod for 2k4 has a working motion blur effect.

Comment

^^^ You are right I totally forgot about BW. Hey Mons I didn't even think you would be up for doing this for UT2k4 that's why I was asking meow to take a look and ask you for permission but if you care to do this yourself and you actually have the time with all your UT3 projects that you are working on then cool.

Comment

In The Meantime Though You Could Use Console Command

Createcameraeffect MotionBlur

Comment

Cool thanks for the tip ... I'll give that a go.

Comment

I must say, this is a very promising idea. I uninstalled UT2k4 right before UT3 came out. Haven't reinstalled it yet. Hopefully there will be more activity on the UT2k4 from to motivate revisiting this epic experience.

Comment

good mutator, but i find a problem: when i play with the game speed mutator in 1.30 for example, when the match start the game runs well, but when i kill the first bot and the efect of the mutator apears, the game automaticaly return to the standar speed (1.00).

Comment

Should probably just do what they did in UT3, and not allow other gamespeed mods to be active along with this one.

Comment

this can be fixed?

Comment

Working...
                              X