CTF-NyLeve2[RELEASED]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-NyLeve2[RELEASED]

Some people have probably seen the other thread, but I wanted to start a new one since I've released the final version of this map and people might not know that from looking at the other thread.

Basically this map is a Ut2k3 recreation of the 2nd level of Unreal 1 where you first walked out of the ship, I kept the map very accurate towards the original and added more to make it a good playable map in ut2k3.

I worked quite a long time on this (8months off and on) and it's my first UT2k3 map (I've mapped for UT b4) so I hope people enjoy it

Screens:

[screenshot]http://www.bar0n.com/Newscreens/shot00100.jpg[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://www.bar0n.com/Newscreens/shot00147.jpg[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://www.bar0n.com/Newscreens/shot00091.jpg[/screenshot]

Download: http://www.unrealplayground.com/download.php?mapid=2851

Me and everyone else who tested this map did not have any major problems whatsoever, although people have stated that they have had some glitches, so if you find any email me at barond@bar0n.com with info and preferably a screenshot too, If there are enough problems with this I will released a 2nd version of the CTF map.

I will be releasing a DM and a BR map if enough people want BR, these will be updated to fix any errors that anyone found in this CTF version.

Keep in mind this map is detailed as heck and about alot larger than most ut2k3 maps, people with lower end systems may have problems performance wise, if you get 1fps in this level its likely that you weren't getting that many FPS in ut2k3 in the first place.

If your system runs UT2k3 decently, it should run this map decently, although I do recommend that you turn the texture detail settings down a bit as Highest everything is really pushing it.

I'm waiting for this to be added to some mapping sites, so I currently only have one download location.

Enjoy.

Yes !

Comment

Nice!

That bottom picture look just like a map from UT (cant remember the name)

but very nice looking

Comment

The skybox doesn't show for me, in any zone. All I see is the default texture.

Comment

Looks purty as heck.
          But link no worky

Comment

... 404. :bulb:

EDIT: It seems all of UnrealPlayground is down.

Comment

Originally posted by Shuri
              The skybox doesn't show for me, in any zone. All I see is the default texture.
              Probably an issue with your graphics card compatibility, what card do you have?

It's a ut2k3 bonus pack texture thats used for the sky.

Comment

GeForce2 MX. Is the texture used in any of the BP maps?

Comment

unreal playground down or somethin?

got anywhere else the map is hosted?

Comment

Originally posted by Virax
                    ... 404. :bulb:
                    Me tto :P

Comment

When I first played this level on Unreal 1 my impression was WOW, and I was sceptical that this recreation would have the same effect. However, I wasn't disappointed, as it DID have the same effect, and I have just spend the last half hour exploring this map and going WOW :up:

You did a very nice job Baron, and I felt like I had just returned to the planet after many years, with the surroundings a bit more overgrown than before (which they would have been of course) . Anyone who played Unreal 1 and wants a bit of nostalgia should definately download this map.

I did see a couple of problems which were also mentioned in the other thread - homing effect near the bio-rifle and a triangular hole which you can fall through near the flak cannon, however that doesn't detract from the rest of the map and I'm sure they will get fixed in any future releases.

Worth waiting for :up:

Comment

Looks, amazing. UP is down but I will check back later for Download. Are you either working on anyother maps at the moment, or do you have plans for a next map? I will give more feedback when I can download it. Looks nice.:up:

EDIT: Where did you get that text/logo style for the NyLeve 2 sign. Did you make it in Photoshop? I like it a lot and was wondering where you got it.

Comment

defenitly Br theres not enough of them and they seriously need a great map like this to add to there ranks great job 404 eror but will download when posible....Great job

Comment

Goddamnit! Get this map uploaded somewhere else I wanna play!

Comment

NoOoO cannot believe the site is down when you decide to release this thing

Oh well, im going sleep in a minute anyway The map looks super lovely from the screenshots, ill be awaiting being able to explore it in real time GJ !

Comment

Working...
                              X