Laser Instagib Alt-Fire [Ideas]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laser Instagib Alt-Fire [Ideas]

I've been working on the next version of Laser Instagib lately and have added mostly menu features such as web admin support, the ability to open the config menu during a game and apply these changes in offline games, as well as a few bug fixes like the maximum display settings. One thing I'd like to know though is what do you think I should do with alt-fire?

My current plan is to make a magnetic grapple. It would be fired like a projectile and once it impacts and sticks in a surface it begins to pull players, all players, towards it. It can be used kinda like a grapple to swing and get to new places or it can be used to pull enemies into bad situations, like lava pits or bottomless pits.

Whatever I do it will be a server option so you can disable it if you want but does that sound like a good idea? Perhaps somebody has a better idea for what to do with the alt-fire?

make it a quake 2 style grapple i SO love swinging around maps

Comment

Yea grapple would be awesome. How about a secondary lazer that when you shoot your target it pulls them towards you then when they are right next to you it automatically pulls out the sheild gun and slaps them.
      Oh yea like i said before add the calssic Q2 and Q3 rail style

Also how about a reflective beam that for say there is someone running around the corner you shoot at the right angel it will reflect and gib them, but the thing about that is you have the ability to tell it how many times it can reflect b4 the beam dissapates.

Comment

Somewhat similar to what you already said, but minus the grapple and with the opposite effect.

Have secondary fire shoot out a beam that does no damage, but where it hits have an explosion. I was thinking have a mid sided (rocket sized) explosion but that does very little damage but has a large push value. Maybe make it so that if someone is pushed off a ledge or thrown into a wall by it (hard enough to cause damage) then the shooter gets the frag.

Comment

Originally posted by jeditobe1
          Somewhat similar to what you already said, but minus the grapple and with the opposite effect.

Have secondary fire shoot out a beam that does no damage, but where it hits have an explosion. I was thinking have a mid sided (rocket sized) explosion but that does very little damage but has a large push value. Maybe make it so that if someone is pushed off a ledge or thrown into a wall by it (hard enough to cause damage) then the shooter gets the frag.
          How about this does anoyone remember Weapons of Destruction for q2 ? Well Anyways you should have rail grenades w/ a detonater that when detonated will shoot out like 8 beams in several directions

Comment

Just had another brainstorm maybe have some relics included too. One that will give you multiple shots, rapid fire, exploding rails, and charged beam shot like megaman or metroid

Comment

Remember in the movie Minority Report that gun that bounced people. It's kind of similar in function to the Shield Gun now except you should make it with a longer range and it does no damage, but it sends people flying. Juggling someone in the air is my favorite part of this mod, you should take advantage of that.

Comment

Originally posted by membrane
                Remember in the movie Minority Report that gun that bounced people. It's kind of similar in function to the Shield Gun now except you should make it with a longer range and it does no damage, but it sends people flying. Juggling someone in the air is my favorite part of this mod, you should take advantage of that.
                Yea have a combo system just to makes things more interesting.

Comment

Tractor beam. Just pick 'em up and chuck 'em

Comment

I like the idea of having a beam that causes an explosion that simply pushes people, doing little damage. That would be pretty fun. I also think that the grapple would be fun too though, and I'm sure after another day or so there will be a few other great ideas.

What do you guys think about making the alt-fire a server option. For example for the collision mode you can already select pass-thru, push, or team push. What if I set up an option for alt-fire that let you choose between no alt-fire, grapple, and maybe a few other options. It would be a server option, everybody would have the same alt-fire, but servers could pick which alt-fire mode to use. Keep the ideas coming I'll figure something out eventually.

Comment

Well one reason i suggested something other than a grapple beam is that one of the other mods im waiting for (chaos UT2003) is supposed to have a grapple (and incidentally a grav vortex that sucks people in), and if its anything like the version for the original UT its offhand and can be used with any weapon. Not trying to imply anything, just giving some info

Just my side though, and also as mentioned above juggling people is lots of fun. One question i would have is this though: how would you suck people off a ledge if you cannot hit thin air to create the vortex?

Oh, and as a side thought since my mind is randomly wandering, it would be cool if there was a juggling bonus (like killing spree bonus). Juggle 5 times get a 25 health, juggle 5 more and get a shield, etc.

Comment

Ideas Came up with so far:
                        Rail/Beam Grenades
                        Reflective shots
                        Grapple
                        combos w/ bonus'
                        Exploding beams
                        Relics (to make all the other ideas possible with out having 5 different beam weapons EX Multiple Shots, Rapid Fire, Charged Shots ect ect)

*cough* Q2/Q3 rail beam

Comment

How about this.....the alt-fire be a beam that injects an unstable element into the victim and explodes after a set amount of time....the longer you keep that beam on them the more of the unstable element is injected.

BUT here is the good part....the infected victim can TRANSFER that unstable element to another person. And you can keep transfering it.

BUT have it so after its transfered to X amount of people.....lets say 5....the 4th person transfers it to the 5th person and that 5th person will blow up instantly and small beams will automatically spread out from the killed victim infecting any one else with in reach of it.

Or have it configurable so you can have it transfer to like 10-20 peeps max and after it reaches the max of transfers it kills every one except you....like a redeemer type weapon but you have to keep passing it.....and build up the infection by transfering it.

You could have it reward points for every one that passed it, except for the person that got killed.....each one higher up the list gets more points....or adrenaline....or life......
                          The initial person that started it gets a small bonus for starting the transfer, but these points are only rewarded when you reach the max....

could be a new type of game...lol like hot potato

Make it so when your infected it dis-colors the screen and the persons skin slightly.....you dont lose life or adrenaline or any thing....it just damages/kills you when the timer is up.....

Comment

Idea:

What about shooting a rail that teleports the enemy to another place in the level and it takes 25 damage or something.

Only teleported around it´s teambase in BR and CTF.

Comment

Anyone else? I'm sure there are a few other things I could do with this but I can't decide.

Comment

Working...
                              X