Carry the Flag v1.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carry the Flag v1.1

This mutator prevents simply touching the flag from returning it to your home base. By default, you instead have to carry it back. However, there are other options...

This a port of the original UT mod created by Versix.

Changes in v1.1:
    -Fixed bots trying to take their own flag to the enemy flag when they shouldn't be.
    -Fixed bots trying to take their own flag away from a teammate
    -Fixed white square appearing behind U icon on scoreboard sometimes
    -Fixed bots trying to re-collect friendly flag right after they drop it for a dropcap
    -Fixed a bot-related Accessed None
    -Added a Carry the Flag gametype (only needed for servers)
    -Fixed bug where bots would eternally stand at their own flagbase with their flag and it would not return

You can download it (both UT2MOD and manual ZIP versions) from my site.

Also feel free to discuss it on my forums.

You the man!

Mysterial,

YOU THE MAN!

The server is pretty full right now, but as soon as it thins out a bit I'll test out the game-type...

Can't thank you enough for this...:up:

-Toonces

Comment

Mysterial!.. Thanks Man.

We really really appreciate this mod. I have to tell you, I've been told by several of our members that it's responsible for bringing them into the UT2003 fold.

:up: :up:

-- BaleFire

Comment

Need some help here please...

Mysterial,

Using it as a game-type with MapVote, would these be the correct ut2003.ini entries?

This what I coded for the Carry map list:

[XInterface.MapListCarryTheFlag]
        MapNum=0
        Maps=CTF-(MP5)ShotgunGulch-DCVSE?game=XGame.xCTFGame?MinPlayers=10?MaxPlayers=14?GoalScore=10?TimeLimi t=30?mutator=UnrealGame.MutLowGrav,TeamSymbolChang er.MutTeamSymbolChanger

The regular CTF map list looks like this:

[XInterface.MapListCaptureTheFlag]
        MapNum=0
        Maps=CTF-(MP5)ShotgunGulch-DCVSE?game=XGame.xCTFGame?MinPlayers=10?MaxPlayers =14?GoalScore=10?TimeLimit=30?mutator=UnrealGame.M utLowGrav,TeamSymbolChanger.MutTeamSymbolChanger

...and this is what I plan to use for MapVote:

[MapVote400b9.MapVote]
        GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xCTFGame",Prefix="CTF ",GameName="Capture the Flag & Carry The Flag",bUseMapList=True,Mutators="",Options="")
        GameConfig=(GameClass="CarrytheFlag.CarrytheFlag",Prefix="CTF",GameName="Carry The Flag",bUseMapList=True,Mutators="",Options="")

The items highlighted in boldface in the Carry the Flag map list and the MapVote section are what I am concerned about.

Thanks in advance!

-Toonces...

Comment

Grabbing now. Thanks mysterial.

Comment

****, I knew I forgot something. That should have been in the readme.

Anyway, the bold sections should be, in order:
            1) CarryTheFlag.MapListCarryTheFlag
            2) CarryTheFlag.CarryTheFlag (alternatively, you could leave the gametype as is and put the mutator at the end of the list and it should in theory still work, although I'm not sure)
            3) CarryTheFlag.CarryTheFlag

Comment

One out of Three ain't too bad...;-)

Originally posted by Mysterial
              ****, I knew I forgot something. That should have been in the readme.

Anyway, the bold sections should be, in order:
              1) CarryTheFlag.MapListCarryTheFlag
              2) CarryTheFlag.CarryTheFlag (alternatively, you could leave the gametype as is and put the mutator at the end of the list and it should in theory still work, although I'm not sure)
              3) CarryTheFlag.CarryTheFlag
              Well, I got one out of three right anyway...:haha:

Thanks again...:up:

-Toonces

Comment

Not Working with MapVote 4.09...

Mysterial,

I tried your code above and then tried every possible permutation I could come up with and none of them would make the map list visible in the MapVote pop-up window. This may well not be your problem as all of the other game-types seem to work in it and it may be a problem with MapVote. The tab for the game-type shows up in the browser, but when you start it from a command line and try to change maps, the Carry The Flag section is just blank.

I am convinced that this is the problem area:

[CarryTheFlag.MapListCarryTheFlag]
                MapNum=0
                Maps=CTF-(MP5)ShotgunGulch-DCVSE?game=CarryTheFlag.CarryTheFlag?MinPlayers=10 ?MaxPlayers=14?GoalScore=10?TimeLimit=30?
                mutator=UnrealGame.MutLowGrav,TeamSymbolChanger.Mu tTeamSymbolChanger

If I substitute any other game type in for the [CarryTheFlag.MapListCarryTheFlag] part, the map list appears in MapVote but not when I use CarryTheFlag.

My final stuff looked like this:

[CarryTheFlag.MapListCarryTheFlag]
                MapNum=0
                Maps=CTF-(MP5)ShotgunGulch-DCVSE?game=CarryTheFlag.CarryTheFlag?MinPlayers=10 ?MaxPlayers=14?GoalScore=10?TimeLimit=30?
                mutator=UnrealGame.MutLowGrav,TeamSymbolChanger.Mu tTeamSymbolChanger

[MapVote400b9.MapVote]
                GameConfig=GameClass="CarryTheFlag.CarryTheFlag",P refix="CTF",GameName="Carry The Flag",bUseMapList=True,Mutators="",Options="")

I can't think of anything else to tell you about the problem.

-Toonces

Comment

Is the [CarryTheFlag.MapListCarryTheFlag] section in CarryTheFlag.ini? Sounds like you put it in with the other map lists.

Again, sorry for the lack of documentation. I can't believe I forgot to do that.

Comment

Whoops!

Originally posted by Mysterial
                    Is the [CarryTheFlag.MapListCarryTheFlag] section in CarryTheFlag.ini? Sounds like you put it in with the other map lists.

Again, sorry for the lack of documentation. I can't believe I forgot to do that.
                    Nope...Let me do that and I will get right back to you.

If it makes you feel any better, some of my maps reach version 6 or 7 before I remember to put everything in that I intend to...:haha:

-Toonces

Comment

That did the trick...

Mysterial,

That did the trick...It works like a charm...

BTW - Where did you come up with Mysterial? We have a Dead Cat girl that plays under the NICK [DC]Mysterian...:bulb:

Thanks again for your work on this mute...It is one of the great ones!

-Toonces

Comment

Re: That did the trick...

Originally posted by Toonces T. Cat
                        BTW - Where did you come up with Mysterial? We have a Dead Cat girl that plays under the NICK [DC]Mysterian...:bulb:
                        Old D&D computer game called Dark Sun. They had these cool gray or black magical scorpion things called Mysterials.....I don't know why I chose it back then, it just seemed to work somehow

Comment

I'm glad to see it being added as a GameType, the multiple copies of the same map was starting to kill the olde hard drive space. This Mute Rocks.

Bale

Comment

Thanks, Mysterial... One of my clanners tested v1.1 and said the improved AI was just what the doctor ordered... Well Done!!

Comment

Hurrah!

Thank you so much! Carry the Flag shoulda been included with the game when it shipped; this teleporting flag stuff is for the birds.

Dead Cats, that song on your page is :haha: :up: !

Comment

Working...
                              X