Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

[MOD BETA] King Of The Server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [MOD BETA] King Of The Server

Hi there!

We have just released our mod as a public beta test for everyone to enjoy! The mod adds a twist of RPG to UT2003, you have a permanent character (saved and playable across all our servers), and is based on a points system. You get points for your frags, and when you have earnt enough you gain a level. You are then given permanent upgrades to your character (and in future releases you can choose them to suit yourself). The players across all our servers can be ranked against each other, so you have the incentives of getting stronger, and being the best - the King of the Server!

Check out a full review on us at http://www.game2xs.com (they are hosting a UK server for us and are great to work with!) - and check out our site at http://www.planetunreal.com/kots/

can we have some feedback?

Comment

sounds like fukking ownage to me!! :up:

Comment

i will try it, but will you guys be getting any US servers going??

(pleez? )

Comment

So the guy with the highest level is basically unbeatable due his stats?

Comment

LOL.. Was looking at your URL :P Kots means Puke in Holland

Oh well.. Ontopic
            Adding some RPG to UT2003 is always welcome

Comment

Download the installer package for the beta here.

The guy with the highest level will be hard to beat, but, if you do beat em, you'll get A LOT of points for it.

Like a dragon is hard to slay but is worth a lot of experience. Think RPG

Comment

VoiDs server is US

we are looking for larger US hosts

Comment

Wow, a ranking system which updates, Epic could learn a thing or two from you guys

Kots, UT2003's first MMOFPS

Comment

Beta 1.1 (Edmond Jr) was released yesterday, get it here.

And 1.2 is already on my harddisk, needs some more testing and little tweaks, then Edmond the 2nd (or Bernard, not sure) will be available for download.

Changes include a much improved auto login system that is capable of remembering multiple characters, an automatic login prompt for those who do not use this feature, and servers remembering what players were on the previous game, and not requiring login if they rejoin within 30 seconds.

And a bunch of security improvements, a bugfix in the score calculating argorithm (to most people's advantage!), and 3 verbose levels instead of two, and and and and...

Comment

Beta 1.2 ready, get it over there

Not all servers updated yet btw.

Comment

And we're up to 1.3!

http://home.wanadoo.nl/ignatius/KotS/KotSJohnDoe.exe

http://home.wanadoo.nl/ignatius/KotS/KotSJohnDoe.zip
                        for server admins and advanced users (small)

Check out the KotS Website for the changelog and more info.

1.4 will have bigger changes, as in the whole menu, player aura's and possibly an on-player level indicator. Might also implement direct client-gds communication.

Comment

And i'm going to start playing now. Just to test though, 56k modem from Australia . I've got the only house on the street that can't have broadband:cry: :cry: :cry: )

Comment

Agh, Void need to update his server :cry: It's the only one I get decent pings on.

Comment

Hasnt he yet? Hmm, i feel an irc slapping comming up

Comment

Working...
                              X