[WEAPON] Personal Ion Cannon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[WEAPON] Personal Ion Cannon

This is the first of the two super-weapons I plan to do.

Here's an extract from the readme:
    There were those who said it was impossible - that an Ion Cannon could never be made small enough for personal use, but once again it has been proved that anything is possible. The combination of newly developed lightweight composite materials and cutting-edge energy storage technology, brings instant destruction of the highest magnitude to your fingertips. The PIC is in no way inferior to its orbital counterpart, delivering the same 2TW of power to the same devastating effect. It comes complete with variable zoom scope, self-adjusting shoulder rest and a smart carry-case.

Ion Cannon are very sensitive to movement whilst firing. To prevent disruption, the PIC uses a gravitational stabilizer to hold itself and the wielder perfectly still during the firing sequence.
    And some screenshots:

More info here: http://www.cheese83.freeserve.co.uk/unreal/pic.htm
    Download it here (916KB): http://www.mrevil.pwp.blueyonder.co....nloads/PIC.zip

I officially declare myself the first to snag a copy of this great work from Mr. Evil!!

P.S. You might wanna edit the smiley/banner thingy to Mutator or Weapon

Comment

Second!

Now all we need is a multiple ion cannon firing minigun

Comment

Third! Muwahaha.

Man, this is going to be great. The Ion Cannon was always my favorite weapon in all of UT2K3.

Comment

Fourth.

Sweet, energy

Comment

Hmm... I think it's just me, but I find the not-being-able-to-fire-while-moving thing is pretty inconvenient. You'll have to stay perfectly still for quite some time, and you can't shoot the Cannon while in the air or underwater... :bulb: Oh well, the story that goes along with it would explain it.

Sometimes, the beam doesn't explode on target either. This happens when you try to shoot it in close range. (Why would Ishoot an Ion Cannon at point blank range? Because it's funnier that way! )

And in some cases the explosion is in the right spot, but is slightly below the terrain/floor and the explosion doesn't kill anybody.

But ****, somebody make a server with this right NOW!

Comment

should be great! (in theory anyway)

tho the model looks sorta odd in the screen...

Comment

Re: [WEAPON] Personal Ion Cannon

Originally posted by Mr Evil
                This is the first of the two super-weapons I plan to do.
                Okay Evil...That's it! I have just about had it! Here is yet another incredibly c00l weapon that I am going to have to cram into the Dead Cat Invasion maps....I mean where in the heck am I supposed to put all of this stuff????...

So, now that you've done this, hurry up and finish the Sentinel so I can start on the final build of the maps.

-Toonces

BTW - I am working on cliffs and overhangs for the ceiling Sentinels on the terrain maps now...Great suggestion!

Comment

Now that is sooooo f*cking cool!!! I'm getting this one.

Comment

wow, I love it:up:

Comment

this thing is pure EVIL great job I like it !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Nice work d00d:up: IMO, the beam is a bit too thick though.

Comment

I love it

Comment

teh P.I.C. Freaking OWNS !!!

I just wish I could configure any weapon to replace it with.
                            Imagine this CTF_Citadel with the LGs replaced now that wolud be a HOOT.

Comment

I just wish I could configure any weapon to replace it with.
                              Get the SwitchArsenal mutator

More cool stuff Mr Evil, keep it up.

Comment

Working...
                              X