• Show
Clear All

Great map imo

:up:

Comment

Originally posted by ┬župer-]V[oose
      Tried this one?
      http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=1392
      nope, downloaded it played it, nice. Still ugly though I would have given it a new theme but this is definately better than the versions of campground I've tried. I got about 70 avg fps but it was too laggy for me, too many antiportals or something. ouch. The bots play pretty well on this map too I must say I got owned by masterfull bots by 3 points. (i lost the game by 3 points with 6 bots) I love the layout of campground but I wish it played better and looked better ie texture and theme.

I'm going to try out edge now, i'll edit this post in a min.

--edit--
      ah ok, I've played this map before in a mod for quake 3 right? I have mixed feelings about the map. I dont like how the author placed the weapons in the way of you have to go down a really long *** corridor just to get the rl, I kind of like the layout a little bit (conflicted about that) but this map is also ugly imo textue and theme could have been much better. Oh also the author of this map was NOT smart in putting the shield and mega health in the same room! I owned the bots easily because of this.

Comment

can you reupload the map?

Comment

It's on mapraider. http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=1662

Comment

Call guiness because I think we just broke the world record for oldest bump, 6 years. lol

Comment

Wasn't there a 7 year bump? A thread from 2003.
              However, nice map.

Comment

Sly....I thought you knew by now mayn..we're in da bad Star Trek timewarp.

#1, I order you to go take a #2.

Comment

Speaking of records, I believe this (campgrounds) map has inspired more variations-on-a-theme *.ut2 maps than any other. When the big gameservers.net archive was available, it contained 70+ variations of that map (64 of which were sucky, but that's beside the point).

Comment

Oh for sure. We once had about 6 alone on the mxc server. It was freaking stupid.

IMO the best version is a new-ish one. Kind of based off of the DM-EGYPT-Campgraounds or whatever.

This one is called DM-f00k-Campgrounds...check it out if your a fan. For sure the best version visually and gameplay wise. Campgrounds usually has serious door issues This one only has minor door issues...lmao

Comment

If I'm a fan? I guess I'm a campgrounds fan.
                      I found the textfile containing the list of filenames I had gathered, last updated Jan 2009. 84 campgrounds variations are listed & I had typed notes (mostly noting that many of the maps seemed to just be renamed, but otherwise identical maps) so, back when, I guess I worked my way through the list and and tried them all. Of the lot, these are the only variations I've kept onhand:
                      DM-Campgrounds_SF.ut2
                      DM-Campgrounds2009Beta2.ut2
                      DM-Campgrounds-2007-P3N.ut2
                      DM-Campgrounds2004-G1E.ut2
                      DM-][-CampGrounds-2K7-][.ut2

crypt-of-f00k remains one of my favorite maps, and DM-f00k-Venduuhl is in my collection, but if the f00k campground map was Egyptian themed I would have chucked it in a heartbeat (there's only been 2 or 3 Egyptian maps, ever, which didn't seem so trite they made me want to puke. It's like the wannabe mappers didn't have any imagination or didn't have any other Lego bricks to "build" with)

Comment

Thanx, I do mostly egytpian maps. :/ Actually more "Nahkti" really though.

I like the egypt stuff....just feels cool to me. Ancient mixed with modern is a cool *** concept to me, but I know waht ya mean.

Comment

G1E, SF, SC1 and are my favorites.

Comment

Working...
                          X