DM-Underlord, get it now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Underlord, get it now!

Okay guys my first ever map, try it out.
    Happy New 2004.

Here it is......
    http://www.unrealplayground.com/download.php?mapid=4571

Got any screenshots?

Comment

http://www.unrealplayground.com/screenshots/4571.jpg

Comment

Looks pretty good from the screenshot. I'll give it a try.

Comment

It IS GOOD. I tried beta4 and it's a small hardcore level that looks much bigger than it actually is. Atmosphere is fine as well.

Comment

wow, nice map. :up: very good use of the theme.

Comment

yup I found this in the beta section of unrealplayground too, this map is staying on my hard drive. The only gripe i have is the area with the wooden planks, you can just fall off and die, but all you did was fall. There was no lava no water no nothing just blah. I wish there was like a icy stream you fell into or something that could account for your death. This and I would have put the shield exactly where the mini gun is to make it more interesting in that room with the planks. I love everything else about the map tho the scale is just perfect. I love how I can boost dodge from the pillar next to the rl straight to the lg gun ownage gameplay imo however simple this map is, its good stuff. first map or not download this sucker. good job zeromorph :up: I'm looking forward to future releases from you.

Comment

Nice map, although some may argue it too simple... Nice atmosphere, though.

Comment

Hey thanks you guys for the comments. These kind of words are encouraging towards my next release.
                  I guess the map is fairly simple, but the new piece I am just starting is going to have more verticality and variation.
                  The area with the pit is supposed to be bottomless, but if it was you would keep falling and falling, so I decided to put a falling volume in there to kill you off quick so as to carry on fragging without too much delay. I did dabble with a lava pit but I couldn't get the lighting right, and spent ages trying till I gave up and took the easier abyssal approach. Totally lazy I know but I'll make up for it in my next level.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberChrist
                    Nice map, although some may argue it too simple... Nice atmosphere, though.
                    Disregard this... Much better without ChaosUT2. Map is outstanding...

Comment

You won't get any comments about gameplay from me because i'm not much of a "gamer"

BUT............This is a keeper, for me at least!

As for not having screenshots...oh well. Gamers should definately give this a try, and give feedback. When it comes to mapping...zeromorph's skills are solid!

The textures and meshes are great. Are most of the textures custom? The Giger textures are used well.

The lighting is good>great. I would recommend, if you have green lighting in an area.....that you also have a green lightsource.

Your BSP work is simple & excellent. Many mappers lately are relying too much on statics to fill the gaps. You use them as "compliments" to your BSP skills.

As for the fall from the platform....a long fall would be great. Don't settle for a quick death, just for gameplay. Put in a volume with a heavy gravity, that takes you right to the killzone. Maybe light it up a bit....and add some skulls or skeletons to the walls.

Your sacrifice for simplicity is understood. Making the map playable is appreciated by all.....but don't be afraid to get "fancy".

You've zoned everything well and the framerate is good. (I have a pretty good rig, though)

Finally....you made it possible for snipers and campers to have some fun. The only reason i'm saying this is because....it should always be a factor.
                      I pulled the translocator out and shot up to the "outside area". Was that intentional? If so...i'm happy. I'd put a "goodie" up there. Maybe the keg, or something.

Again......people/gamers should give zeromorph all the advice they can. :up:

I look forward to your next project!

EDIT: I failed to mention, that your pathing looks good too. I'll spectate a proper bot match after work tonight.

Comment

one thing i didnt like is that in the room with the wood walkway if you fall off onto the rock ledge there is no way to get back on the walkway(from what i could tell) so you have to kill your self to get back in the game

Comment

Somehow, this looks very familiar, did GUI help you make this?
                          or am I barking up the wrong tree.

Not really liking it so far, can't seem put my finger on the reason, but I think the trimming stands out too much, not sure.

Comment

Not really liking it so far, can't seem put my finger on the reason, but I think the trimming stands out too much, not sure.
                            Maybe, like other people, your allergic to "Quake-like" maps.

I dunno.

Comment

I dont know why people would not dig quake 3 maps, they're so **** hardcore. But then again I detest most of the quake 3 stock maps when I talk about quake 3 maps I'm talking about all the godlike sexy user made maps. I love the maps lunaran and charon make, and a few from bal.

Comment

Working...
                              X