Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-TeslaCoil released [DM-Arena4]

Some small arena map I made.

This started as place for testing new ideas and custom meshes. Somehow it turned into nice looking map with nic3e gameplay. So I will release it soon.

Edit:
    Map is ready, enjoy! . In game Detail level sets number of emitters for map.
    Link for FINAL versionDM-TeslaCoil.zip (2.8mb) - final version

Hey that looks really nice, Maybe a little to much fog, but a really kickass job on the rest

Comment

Looks really nice. Unfortinately no Beta Testing for me today. Maybe tommorrow....

Comment

That looks great and realy nice shadowing.

Comment

lookin good keep it up

btw the big hole in the middle is missing a killzone :P

Comment

Yes i know about killzone, it is still beta . Just forgot to add it before posting. Was 10 in morning after long night with UED.

Comment

nice map!
              get rid of the bugs and this one will rock....

Comment

Lovely shadows on pic 1

Comment

nice... lovely xemitter the lightning thing

Comment

Im updating some static meshes, and working on optimalization (but almost nothing can be done for this map). I try drop down number of polygons from bsp and raise little stacic mesh ploly count. It should improve frame rate. Anybody found errors besides no kill zone and missing blocking volumes for big rotating meshes in pit?

Comment

if you use the transloc you get stuck in walls some times....
                      happened to me when i tried to get out of the big hole in the middle of the map.

Comment

Map is done. Direct link in first post, ahh and here:
                        DM-TeslaCoil Final

Comment

Nawrot,

The atmosphere in this map is fantastic.

BTW, is jumping down the only way to get down to the lower weapons and pickups (inside the tesla generator thingy)?

I found it semi-difficult to jump down without bumping my head resulting in a change of falling trajectory..... um.. in other words, I had a lot of tesla beams in my as$. Lots of death.

Comment

I'll have to check this out, looks very atmospheric. Downloading now. And just to nitpick, that looks more like a Van de Graaf generator (big charged ball) than a tesla coil (a big charged helix wrapped in a loop), but that's just pointless nit-picking. Oh, download finished, must play now.

Comment

Strange... I was just thinking of importing the Tesla coil weapon from RTCW into UT2003 too.... *deja vu*

Comment

Working...
                              X