X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VCTF-TriTomb [beta]

Name: VCTF-TriTomb
    Version: Beta 4
    Compatibility: UT2004,Patch 3369 and ECE are required. All custom content is contained in the map.

Description: The archaeology team who discovered this amazingly well preserved Egyptian tomb mysteriously vanished. Some say the voices of the archaeologists can still be heard calling from one of the tombs underground chambers. Others say that they couldn't care less and they want their flag back.

Comments: This is the fourth and most likely final beta. Yet more changes and some finishing touches. Hope you enjoy, and if you have any suggestions I'll see if I can add them to the final.
    EDIT: This is now final

Credits: Hazel.H for Textures, Deathbliss for skybox, Discord for ScorpionGTS, SuperApe for SuperVehicleFactory. Also Oddside, BigJim, Plugh, Jeffrey, Jonny for suggestions/testing
    Download: Final Version Here

dude... one thing. upload your files on servers like mediafire or filefront not on your own server... and it looks good...

Comment

Fixed.
      New download link and a couple more screens.

Comment

Hi people, BETA 3 now uploaded and ready. First post has been updated with links.
        Please download and tell me what you think.

Comment

Hey ekyman, nice map just gave it a whizz. I like the custom stuff and the 'we've just discovered all this egyptian stuff' theme, with the lights illuminating walls is nice as well.

Afew suggestions:

1. I could fly out the green tombs top window and get outside the map...better put a blocking volume there, OR extend the terrain upwards a bit to cover the map edges and let raptors freely move in through the top windows. (i think this would be cool) Turn all that blue 'sky' texture into a skyzone with a dezert, to if you do get a glimpse out of the map its of desert and is believable.

2. Just to see what would happen, i slammed my manta onto the giant spike. I expected it to explode but it just got impaled there and slowly span around....for ever. It didn't spawn again because it was spinning like a spit roast. I'd suggest putting a square blocking volume at the top of the spike to stop idiots like me doing this.

3. I like the tombs, especially the scafollding, cobwebs etc - all that custom stuff i have no idea how to make. However a bit mode detail might be nice in the tomb rooms. They look a little bare. Maby a series of gold hyroglyphs panels subtracted into the side of the walls with nice trim. Make it feel like whoever's found this place has really found something special.

My only other complaint is the steps to the flag seemed a little...undetailed and quickly done compared to say, the nice bsp in the tunnels. Maby add afew sets of smaller steps in between the bigger ones. OR, make the large steps square and add some trim or something.

Nice terrain and central area. Cool sacrificial chamber, though the first time i jumped in thinking it was an escape route ^^. Also loved climbing the scaffolding around the statue to get the redeemer. Generally, nice work!

Comment

Cheers Jonny for checking it out

Originally posted by Jonny View Post
            1. I could fly out the green tombs top window and get outside the map...better put a blocking volume there, OR extend the terrain upwards a bit to cover the map edges and let raptors freely move in through the top windows.
            Thats strange, as there is a blocking volume there. Anyways, i'ts a great idea. I've opened up the map so now you can fly in and out of the top of the tombs, Raptor assault style. I'll see if the map will work with a Cicada too.

2. Just to see what would happen, i slammed my manta onto the giant spike. I expected it to explode but it just got impaled there and slowly span around....for ever. It didn't spawn again because it was spinning like a spit roast. I'd suggest putting a square blocking volume at the top of the spike to stop idiots like me doing this.
            Yeah no problem, but whats confusing me is how did you get the manta up there? It is a rather large spike, lol. I'de love to see a screeny of that.

3. I like the tombs, especially the scafollding, cobwebs etc - all that custom stuff i have no idea how to make. However a bit mode detail might be nice in the tomb rooms. They look a little bare. Maby a series of gold hyroglyphs panels subtracted into the side of the walls with nice trim. Make it feel like whoever's found this place has really found something special.
            Tis true I could expand on the theme. I'll see what I can do, but I don't want to make it too cluttered. There is quite a lack of archeological equipment, especially buckets!

My only other complaint is the steps to the flag seemed a little...undetailed and quickly done compared to say, the nice bsp in the tunnels. Maby add afew sets of smaller steps in between the bigger ones. OR, make the large steps square and add some trim or something.
            I'll take another look at those too. I'll place some blocks down and make it easier to ascend or something.

Also, I'm struggling to think of a 'map description' and back story for the final. Anyone got any cool suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by ekyman View Post
              Cheers Jonny for checking it out

No worries as a mapper i appreciate how valuable any feedback is, so i try and give it where i can - for maps i can see are already good

Thats strange, as there is a blocking volume there. Anyways, i'ts a great idea. I've opened up the map so now you can fly in and out of the top of the tombs, Raptor assault style. I'll see if the map will work with a Cicada too.

Im glad you've made it so the raptors can descend in from the top. Quite fun flying out of them as well.

Yeah no problem, but whats confusing me is how did you get the manta up there? It is a rather large spike, lol. I'de love to see a screeny of that.

Lol did i say manta? i meant raptor! Yea i could never get the manta that high. This is just a bug because say, i could be a *******, steal the enemies raptor and impale it.

Tis true I could expand on the theme. I'll see what I can do, but I don't want to make it too cluttered. There is quite a lack of archeological equipment, especially buckets!

Sure, you dont want to over clutter the ground, but i noticed you removed any collision from the lights, a good idea. Just some more decorated walls maby - but not so much that it becomes tacky like many of those Epic egyptian maps out there.

I'll take another look at those too. I'll place some blocks down and make it easier to ascend or something.

Also, I'm struggling to think of a 'map description' and back story for the final. Anyone got any cool suggestions?
              Hmm...Maby something about...we thought the world had discovered all its great treasures, but then a team of explorers found and amazingly preserved temple...blahblahblah. I think a cool touch to go with the 'just discovered' theme, would be to add a vehicle (bulldog mesh maby?) parked at the top of where the desert levels off, at the cliff edge with headlights pointing in towards the spike. Like they've just driven right up to the edge.

Comment

Here is Beta 4

Updated first post with descriptions etc. Enjoy.

Comment

I like the curent description. (the one which is currently in the first post)

Comment

Working...
                  X