Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WEAPON: Dragon Assault Rifle

Hi All

Since it appears that UT3 is just around the corner, I figured I'd release the last of my stuff in UT2004. Yes, I'd like to port this stuff over, just a matter of time of learning the new code, and learning how to get network replication working.

Anyway, here's a nice little change of pace for freshly spawned troops: the Dragon Assault Rifle. Please peruse through the info text file in the ZIP for more info:

http://www.arclength.net/ut2004/drag...ault_rifle.zip

Again, not time to post a link on my index, just download it directly from here.

Of course, I would love to get this thing working in network play -- so if anyone out there has some replication hints, they would be much appreciated.

More to come as time warrants.

UT2004Addict

maybe some screenshots...

Comment

downloaded and starting ut to tes as i type... started

after messing with and killing a few bots i think it is a bit overpowered the flames i mean the flames run out slowly ....to slowly

testing with rpg in ut2004 rpg now

ok flame problem with rpg- LAGGY when hit floor i recomend the small flames emmiter when hit the ground not only 100 ws and framerate goes down by 50%

Comment

Hi folks

Some quick responses:

Nardix: If / when I have time, I shall produce screenshots.

Deadoon: I cut the flames down a bit and balanced the damage (which should compensate for the somewhat slow flamethrower tank drain), but I know no cure for the emitter problem. It seems whenever you use this type of emitter in UT and you get close to it, it forces a lot of slowdown. If you or anyone else out there knows how to counter this, I'm all ears.

I'll release my next version in a bit. I wanna keep tweaking the emitters until they behave.

Comment

I think the primary cause of emitter slowdown is overdraw, meaning the same pixel gets drawn to multiple times when covered by transparent particles . If you made the emitter in the UEd Particle Editor, you can select the overdraw rendering option to see how bad it really is. That won't really solve the problem, just show you what's happening. I guess there's a reason we're not seeing a whole lot of flamers in games.

There's a passable flame texture in ONSBPTextures (don't forget to press the Load Entire Package button). Maybe if you use that you could cut back on the number of particles.

Comment

Hey, your new emitter suggestion worked great! Thanks Xyx!

Comment

an extremely n00b question i no, but how exactly do i load or summon ur gun in a game?!

Comment

Originally posted by shadinio View Post
                an extremely n00b question i no, but how exactly do i load or summon ur gun in a game?!
                Use the mutator, and you will start with the weapon. Otherwise summon dragonassaultrifle.dragonassaultriflepickup .

Comment

hmm it should work but it didnt. is there anythin else 2 do besides copying the 2 files into the system directory? the fact that am gettin the mutator in the mutator menu means it should work but wen i go into the game the assault rifle is the ordinary one and if i summoned it manually, am not gettin anything.

Comment

Of course, you have the full retail version of UT2004 with all the patches and updates, right? That includes the Bonus Back with the Cicada.

hmm it should work but it didnt. is there anythin else 2 do besides copying the 2 files into the system directory? the fact that am gettin the mutator in the mutator menu means it should work but wen i go into the game the assault rifle is the ordinary one and if i summoned it manually, am not gettin anything.

Comment

awesome! now it works! thanks a lot

Comment

ok, so a couple of technical questions coz i just started unreal script a few days ago. is this the logic behind ur flamethrower?

attach a flame xemitter 2 ur gun and modify the altfire class? or is there smthn am missin?

Comment

??

Do you have a specific question, with some code you can site? I don't understand what you're asking.

The flamethrower just shoots a bunch of little flame projectiles.

ok, so a couple of technical questions coz i just started unreal script a few days ago. is this the logic behind ur flamethrower?

attach a flame xemitter 2 ur gun and modify the altfire class? or is there smthn am missin?

Comment

here is a tip don't skip keystrokes for saving an extra second or 2 like how you said "smthn" i thought smithen (<--what does that mean?) write something or sumthin(latter makes your I.I.Q. drop a few in my book) and "ur" just type your and coz is fine due to it saves alot of keystrokes

and to answer your question get wotgrealexporter.exe find the .u file in the program and it shows the source with 99% accuracy(glitches in the coordinates of a weapon on screen)

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. I had no idea there was an un-compiler. Didn't find a trace of it on the WOTGreal site (though it's on FileFront), wonder why he released it separately. And here I'd been using "alternate methods" to look at other mods.

BTW, anybody here use Perl? I've made myself a few little utilities here and there, but I don't know if it's worth the trouble to "pretty them up" if Perl is rare in this crowd.

Originally posted by deadoon View Post
                              here is a tip don't skip keystrokes for saving an extra second or 2 like how you said "smthn" i thought smithen (<--what does that mean?) write something or sumthin(latter makes your I.I.Q. drop a few in my book) and "ur" just type your and coz is fine due to it saves alot of keystrokes

and to answer your question get wotgrealexporter.exe find the .u file in the program and it shows the source with 99% accuracy(glitches in the coordinates of a weapon on screen)

Comment

Working...
                              X