DM-Ashpyxiation-BETA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    pretty sure ive settled on the name of DM-Contrived.
    thoughts/comments?

ok an update, ive added in zone labelling, added blocking volumes to the floors, added a puddle of water and a creaking plank. put the 100s where bio was, deleted assault rifle, put bio where flak was, put flak near where the assault rifle was.
    i decided against putting anymore dodge ramps in, and have not added any further foliage (the map is set in a barren landscape). i am happy with the current level of visual detail, i know it isnt exactly full of life, but i never intended it to be full of meshes and moving parts, and i feel that adding them in will look forced without a large amount of redesigning to the bsp.

other than that it is good to go, but ill give it a few more days see if this thread brings in some more suggestions.

full release:
    http://forums.epicgames.com/showthre...7#post25044117

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey man, I resurrected my account

Downloaded your map and it fired up no problems. Didn't need anything extra to play it.

I'll give it a spin soonish. Looks great

Leave a comment:

• replied
    looks amazing from the screens, unfortunately i cant play due to dead HD with 2k4 on

very nice work ^^

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by djsilt View Post
    played it : looks very good and plays well (reminds me of Dm-Structured for the looks)
    nothing more to add than FF and luv already said.

for the map name i agree with luv, that name doesn't fit the map and do not sound very well imo ^^
    so i searched for some suggestions and i ended with DM-OmicronDawn ... or more "seriously" DM-Sublimation, DM-Sandoval, Dm-Saian (seems that the S inspired me ^^) or DM-WarHouse
    DM-NoTimeToSpectacle.

thanks for the feedback, DM-Sublimation sounds pretty good, i think ill whip out a thesaurus and play around with some words so see what interesting words it can find.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    played it : looks very good and plays well (reminds me of Dm-Structured for the looks)
    nothing more to add than FF and luv already said.

for the map name i agree with luv, that name doesn't fit the map and do not sound very well imo ^^
    so i searched for some suggestions and i ended with DM-OmicronDawn ... or more "seriously" DM-Sublimation, DM-Sandoval, Dm-Saian (seems that the S inspired me ^^) or DM-WarHouse

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Luv_Studd View Post
    Need blocking volumes on any floor where there is a indentation - trying to dodge was frustrating getting caught on the little 'steps' everywhere.
    good idea, i spent ages making sure the walls were all blocked off but i forgot the floors.

The spot where the goo gun is, should be replaced with either shield powerup. The big shield placement is not ideal, as there is not much risk there and can't be seen from a distance.

The RL, Shock and Flak are too close on one end of the map. Get rid of the enforcer gun and put the goo gun in it's place.
    ill play around with these a little see what i can come up with, makes sense about the 100s though.

There are no audio clues except for the lifts and pickups. Would be good for a loose board that creaks, or water splash, metal clanks, etc....

The map is a bit too clean - no light flicker or particle movements other than the steam vent. This makes the level a bit dull feeling without some activity... there are also no movers, to give the otherwise industrial- looking map, an industrious nature.

Could use some roughing up with loose bricks/boards, water dripping, vegitation in spots, etc.
    ill take a look see what i can come up with without hampering gameplay or performance.

On the ramps where there are wood planks, they look unrealistic when the wood has a 'warped' look - should replace with a metal, imo.
    are you able to get a screenshot of this? im not exactly sure what you mean. (if you got black screen bug try fraps / opening map in unrealed and using print screen)

There was only the one dodge up area I noticed - near small shield. Would be good to find other spots to allow more UT2k4 dodge movement...
    ill review the layout see if i can find any areas where more dodge ramps can be of use, but i wont just add any for the sake of it.

The map name seems a bit off for the look and feel of the map.
    do you (or anyone else reading this for that matter) have any suggestions? i must say naming / map description are not my strong points, the current name was just a random one i picked.

All in all, good job, looking forward to the final...
    thanks a lot for your suggestions.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I would have taken screenies to show where I think improvements would go, but it's busted for some reason...

First the good:

Pleasing looks and nice layout & connectivity can go far for the gameplay, with some adjustments (below).

Nice job on texture alighnment and lighting overall.

No need to change the level with any major BSP reconstruction or anything like that, as it's a good size map with plenty of z axis and maneuvability, imo.

Bots play well.

Constructive Criticism:

Need blocking volumes on any floor where there is a indentation - trying to dodge was frustrating getting caught on the little 'steps' everywhere.

The spot where the goo gun is, should be replaced with either shield powerup. The big shield placement is not ideal, as there is not much risk there and can't be seen from a distance.

The RL, Shock and Flak are too close on one end of the map. Get rid of the enforcer gun and put the goo gun in it's place.

There are no audio clues except for the lifts and pickups. Would be good for a loose board that creaks, or water splash, metal clanks, etc....

The map is a bit too clean - no light flicker or particle movements other than the steam vent. This makes the level a bit dull feeling without some activity... there are also no movers, to give the otherwise industrial- looking map, an industrious nature.

Could use some roughing up with loose bricks/boards, water dripping, vegitation in spots, etc.

On the ramps where there are wood planks, they look unrealistic when the wood has a 'warped' look - should replace with a metal, imo.

There was only the one dodge up area I noticed - near small shield. Would be good to find other spots to allow more UT2k4 dodge movement...

The map name seems a bit off for the look and feel of the map.

~~~~~~~~~
    All in all, good job, looking forward to the final...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am going to download and try this map. Frankly, I'm getting tired of the UT3 demo, I uninstalled it already. Rather short and reminds me that I need a new computer, again. I wonder if the UT3 engine at it's highest settings will be enough for decades or just a couple of years to come. Still, the graphics is way cool and I'm finding it hard to notice where to put in more improvements. Let's play UT2k4 and give it a go until UT3 comes out for real.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by FrøzenFlames View Post
    the map looks good so far.

Here are my suggestions:
    Whenever I use a lift, I want to do a liftjump, it's kind of a habbit
    so maybe you can open up a hallway above the lift:

you can also connect it to this area:

and this:

looking forward to the next version!
    thanks, i appreciate your suggestion, however i do not have any plans to open up another lift jump as i already have 2 in the level and specifically chose not to place one there. thanks for the feedback though!

anyone else got the chance to test it out? i know UT3 demo was just released so replies may be a little slow / non existant >.>

Leave a comment:

• replied
    the map looks good so far.

Here are my suggestions:
    Whenever I use a lift, I want to do a liftjump, it's kind of a habbit
    so maybe you can open up a hallway above the lift:

you can also connect it to this area:

and this:

looking forward to the next version!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    d/l feedback soon

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It looks good. A typical arena complex, something specifically built or heavily modified to function as a tournament environment. Very clean, both in the sense that there's not much "stuff" as in the sense that there's not much dirt. As if nobody ever fought here before. If that is what you wanted it to look like, then you have succeeded.

Deathmatch is not my "thing" so I won't comment on the gameplay side.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic DM-Ashpyxiation-BETA

DM-Ashpyxiation-BETA

full release:

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthre...7#post25044117
Working...
X