X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screenshot Sender 2. Alpha

Name: Screenshot Sender
    Version: Second alpha
    Compatibility: It should be compatible with all versions of UT2004.

Description:
    Well, the goal of this mutator is to make it more easy for administrators to decide if a player cheated or not and is thus meant as an addition to Anti-Cheats like AntiTCC, SafeGame or my Clan Manager.
    The mutator basically takes a screenshot, compresses it and sends it to the server so that an admin can search for suspicious HUD-content (like a radar).

This mutator has 2 parts: one is the mutator and one is a c++ program to convert the output of the mutator into the actual image. I couldn't save the image directly as I no know method of writing binary files from inside of UScript, so I simply used a HTML-file to print out all bytes (in text form).
    I included the c++ source so that you can compile it yourself, if you mistrust me^^ (I also re-coded the whole thing to make it easier to understand).

New features:
    • Added an option to convert the image to greyscale (saves 2/3 of the data-amount)
    • Added RLE-Compression (it took me 3 days to figure out the problem.
    • Added an option to enable Chroma-Subsampling for colored images (not yet finished)
    • Added an option to choose between the normal "sending-mode" and a TCP-Link (just as a test)
    • Added Self-Check to ensure that the client uses the original package
    • Splitted configuration into 2 parts: the main-configuration and the one for automatic screenshots
    • Added option which allows admins to specify the mutator name to appeare in the server-info (my hide-system didn't work )
    • Added more commands to edit the main-configuration ingame

I fixed some things of course, too, like security holes, etc.. I am also waiting some time now before reading the screenshot. This will hopefully prevent the black screenshots (the BSODs^^).

OK, just a last note: use the mutator at your own risk because if wrongly used (like setting the resolution too high) could cause the server/client to crash because it might use much bandwith and cpu. It also seems that clients crash very rarely...

Shambler coded a program which changes the name of the file and the mutator. Use it to hide the mutator while donwloading the file (for the server-info use the "MutServerInfoName"-Setting). Thx a lot, Shambler Screen Sender 2. Alpha Renamer Download

Credits:
    • Shambler, who helped me and came up with some ideas and issues of the mutator. He also made the program which allows to change the name of the package.
    • Flak, who detected a huge security hole and tried to detect the source of the BSODs (and of course for the feedback)
    • CVROY, for all the feedback and he also tried to detect the source of the BSOD (the term "BSOD" is actually his invention^^)
    • All others I forgot atm (sorry)

Download Link: DOWNLOAD (fixed version)

Suggestions and opinions are welcome.

Gugi

Originally posted by Gugi View Post
    Perhaps he will also release a program which allows to change the name of the package.
    Indeed I will
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~JBarrett...mer_Alpha2.zip *EDIT* Updated to latest
    After renaming the mutator, you need to manually change the package and mutator name in the .ini/.ucl/.int files.

The renamed package seems to load fine in UT2004, however it breaks the self integrity checks as the mutator still looks for the original filename; I don't know how that will affect the mutator overall.

Comment

Thx, Shambler

uhm, didn't thought about that...
      I will fix that as soon as I can.

EDIT: The program is not working for me
      It says that some application-configuration is wrong and I should re-install it. I got Windows XP Professional.

Comment

Hmm strange...it requires the latest MFC runtime files but I think XP should have those anyway. Can you post a pic of the error?

Comment

Here is the same version but with the MFC files statically linked:
          http://homepage.eircom.net/~JBarrett...mer_Alpha2.zip *EDIT* Updated to latest

Comment

The static-linked version works

Originally posted by Shambler View Post
            Can you post a pic of the error?
            The problem is the text would be in german
            and thus pretty useless (?).

Comment

Ah good Yes I don't need the error now, will just statically link it in future.

Comment

ok, I updated the first post with the new version. The only change is that the mutator will get it's package-name during runtime.

Comment

Nice one, here's the renaming tool update:
                  http://homepage.eircom.net/~JBarrett...mer_Alpha2.zip

Comment

oki, thx a lot
                    I updated the first post and added your download-link, if you don't mind.

Comment

nice, works like a charm !

but I would like to rename it as it's pretty obvious what it does

so I ran Shambler's renamer, changed the package/mutator name, than edited the .ucl and .int files to match.

Than I ran a server and selected the mutator, but it doesn't work, none of the commands work

Could you possibly write up a small tutorial on how to rename? thanks

Comment

I just tested it and it seemed to work fine, grabbed a screenshot without any problems. I have updated the renamer link to include a small readme.

Comment

thanks, ill re-try it

Comment

Ok it works, I coulda swore I did all that before though, guess I just missed something

Comment

Where does the screenshots save to? I have taken quite a bit of screenshots but I can't find the file anywhere in our ftp. Any help?

Comment

Working...
                              X