Mobile Command Post?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mobile Command Post?

Just an idea. It is based off the hellbender chassis...
    Description below.

Driver Primary- Uplinks the vehicle to a satellite overhead(remove fog?), allowing to scout for enemy vehicles and infantry. The satellite can move, but takes a while to do so and has a limited range from the vehicle.

Driver Secondary: Deploys command post.

Passenger Primary: Calls in airstrike from an air force base off map. Maybe have it drop different bombs than normal, or have artillery shells rain from the sky.

Passenger Secondary: Clears out the fog farther for all teammates.

Rear Primary
    : Paints a target for paradrops w/ supplies and ammo.

Rear Secondary: Upgrades satellite view to highlight players and vehicles in their respective team colors for 60 seconds.

General Notes: It must deploy stabilizing arms to uplink to satellite or air force base. Is large and slow.

****, move this to the requests section please.

Comment

Interesting idea. I reckon this would definatately need a unique model though. I can model but getting the vehicle in game is beyond me, unfortunately Mind you. I dont' like the idea of a four/five man vehicle with no defensive capability at all.

Comment

Part of the idea is to stay at the back of the battle. If you move to the middle, you'll obviously get killed. The goal is that if this vehicle is lost, the team's gonna become a bit less coordinated.However, If necessary, I could add an ion cannon weapon to the satellite. Point, click, boom. Almost like a superweapon.

Comment

look interesting...also would be useless offline which is what i play...

Comment

It would kinda be cool offline calling in airstrikes and such and watching the battle from the satellite, but it is mainly meant for online.

Comment

I like the idea... like the C&C Mobile Base...
              ... I just realized that C&C and the 7th Legion games are similar in that way.

Comment

A lot of the features described above are already planned for the Colossus, a part of the XS vehicles pack.

Comment

I am a big fan of the C&C games-it is part of where I got this idea from. For the colossus, it seems a bit too futuristic and stuff, and I don't really like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Herr General View Post
                    ****, move this to the requests section please.
                    iawtp

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Shock View Post
                      A lot of the features described above are already planned for the Colossus, a part of the XS vehicles pack.
                      Wich as has been stated will not be completed for UT2K4 >,<

like the idea for this...

Comment

Originally posted by Sonix View Post
                        Wich as has been stated will not be completed for UT2K4 >,<
                        And you think this one would? If Epic is able to reach the date they're aiming for, UT3 is roughly 1.5 months away. After that, most mod-makers will focus on that one. It will be quite hard to find anyone willing to do UT2k4 stuff by then...
                        Don't get me wrong, I like the idea as well. But pulling it off is a lot of work and putting work into something needs to be rewarding. How rewarding would it be to release a mutator for a game that has recently more or less been replaced by a predecessor? Who would be left to play the thing one worked so hard on? Taking the UT3 road is simply a logical consequence.

Comment

...You guys have a point. Most people wouldn't try this for UT2k4. I just thought it was a cool idea.

Comment

If i figure out how to use the UED i'd be happy to make it...
                            But i'm a permanent n00b i guess...
                            Dude... UT3 is gonna be cool...
                            But if you have a bad computer like me UT3 will become hard to play...
                            So they'll have to stay at UT2K4.

Comment

UEd is relatively easy compared to UScript in my opinion. I can map fine, just can't code.

Comment

Working...
                              X