Omg Deathmatch027 Beta Map!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Omg Deathmatch027 Beta Map!!!!!

okay, i made this map. its early beta, no lighting (except for ambient brightness), only 2 textures i think, its basically a hollow, ugly shell. i have 1 player start and no weapon pickups, but i need some feedback on this early stage.

i just want you to run around the level, and give me some feedback.

what changes should i make to the layout to make this a good DM/TDM map?

when i get the layout done, ill start adding player starts, pickups, and ill fill in the pretty.

so spend a minute or 2 doing this.

the download is only about 130kb.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/mannyfresh027

:haha:

Some walls , a floor and a ceiling would be a start :haha:

Comment

don't change anything, that map is sweet

Comment

Can you cut back the grey fog a little? I can't see through it.

Comment

im beginning to think i shouldnt have posted that grey block

im just too lazy to take a real screenshot though

and its ugly at this point anyway, so it doesnt matter

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor2113
            Can you cut back the grey fog a little? I can't see through it.
            Could you imagine playing on a map that had fog that thick?

Comment

Could you imagine playing on a map that had fog that thick?
              heheh.... DM-BlindShots

Hey, how do you make the quote say who it was originally posted by? Mine always come out like the one above ^.

Comment

["QUOTE]Originally posted by Raptor2113
                heheh.... DM-BlindShots

Hey, how do you make the quote say who it was originally posted by? Mine always come out like the one above ^.
                [/QUOTE] Like this, just hit the "quote" button under someone's post

Comment

I'd like to try a map that had realy thick fog. :up: Bot play wouldn't be too fun though.

Comment

May the force be with you! :haha:

Comment

no actual map feedback yet

whoopie

Comment

Haha, easy cheesy, nobody's going to download your map with sarcastic comments like that

I see you're going for the q3 feel. IMHO a couple of nice fixes before throwing some weapons in there and having some playtesting with bots to see how the balance feels are...

The highest level is too high compared to everything else. Drop that slightly.

The room with the sniper overhang is huge, it's not really conductive to flow.

Some of your doors are very small indeed. Too small.

If you're going for 100% flow, consider raising the roof in a couple of the lower areas. Dodging "through" the doors gives my guy a headache.

I forget what it looked like (scenery or weapons really help you describe a map when you're offering help - lol), but there's an area which has two bouncepads, a lower level and a mid with a door in it. There needs to be some way to get to the mid without jumping on the pad and landing on it via the sloped bridge doodah.

Finally, the top corridor which runs between the two upper levels is really long and dull. Bad mapping trait, really.

Overall, compact it a bit, yet open it up a tad (sounds difficult, but it shouldn't be), and then you can think about adding weapons. Good start.

Hope that helped, kiddo!

Comment

Working...
                        X