Screenshot Sender Alpha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I have been crashing clients with the newest release. The previous never did for me... just an observation.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    why were posts removed? :S

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I like the B&W screens, nice job.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sorry for the late reply. Been working nightshifts. OK, tried this out on one of our servers. Setups included:
    1. AMD opteron 165 dualcore overclocked to 3ghz both cores & 7900GT with AA&AF both enabled and disabled.
    2. AMD FX55 & SLI 7800GTX with AA&AF both enabled and disabled
    3. CoreDuo & X1950 witth AA&AF both enabled and disabled
    4. misc other systems, specs unknown.

Only black screen I got was from system 1 (mine), and that was with AA&AF enabled and in windowed mode. All other shots (around 50 in all) were fine.

2 system crashes though, mine & system 3, nothing at all in the logs, system hard locked, no errors apparent.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    GL Gugi! Looking forward to this one.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ok, thx a lot.

I am nearly finished with the 2. release.

The major problem preventing me from releasing it is THIS problem, but it only seams to come up on higher resolutions...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    so far no more black screens... will try again tonight.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have not recieved any black screens over the past two days... I wonder what's up with that???

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Mh, the problem could be that the mutator tries process and send all the data as fast as possible so that the player has no time to leave.

That means: It takes the screenshot (which can take ~0.5 sec), then it compresses it (~0.2 sec) and sends some bytes to the server (the header).
    It does also send relatively much (if you set MaxBytesPerRepl it will call the send-function "MaxBytesPerRepl"-times every 0.5 seconds).

So... the client's PC has much to do, perhaps too much, so it crashes...
    (Just an idea^^).

I will change the replication thingy so that it sends the bytes in tick. Perhaps I will also include some options to change the send-delays, etc.

If I would only have had more free-time atm

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What is shown in the logs? If they crash again, have them send you their logs even if it cuts off (might still have some clues); also, what happens when they crash? (i.e. GPF message or ?)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    As I mentioned, nothing is showing in their logs, which was odd.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Flak View Post
    Anyone have an issue with certaint clients crashing?

We have 2 people it crashes, and I cant find a common denominator. One has an ATI card, the other Nvidia, one has antitcc installed locally the other doesn't. The crash isn't showing up in the local logs. What else should I ask them?
    Flak, I am assuming you know these people well considering that you know their specs to a degree. I would ask them to check their logs, or indeed as you are a trusted fellow, to send them to you for scrutinizing. As crashes occurred their end there should be a common denominator, hopefully that information will help this obviously helpful mutator.

Duca

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Anyone have an issue with certaint clients crashing?

We have 2 people it crashes, and I cant find a common denominator. One has an ATI card, the other Nvidia, one has antitcc installed locally the other doesn't. The crash isn't showing up in the local logs. What else should I ask them?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thx a lot for all your help

Till now I never got black screens... so I can't analyze the problem very good

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Flak View Post
    In AM, I get all black screenshots of every player
    In TAM, I get all black screenshots of everyone on the other team.

Just happening here?
    I'll download and add to our TAM server today & test it with know PC configs, see if I can't duplicate. I'll also get the guys to try with and without AA & AF on on both nvidia & radeon cards. Hopefully might help a bit.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X