• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RaOP Vehicle Pack

1. Name: Ridiculous and Over-Powered Vehicle Pack
    2. Version: Beta
    3. Compatibility: UT2004
    4. Description: Modified vehicles from UT2004, made stronger, more powerful and more ridiculous.
    5. Comments: I am a noob at this so these vehicles are far from perfect. I made them for my own fun but still i'm going to share it so other people can use them also. I am sure most people think they're boring/lame/disastrous, but i'd appreciate if you wouldn't come here to tell how bad they are, but tell me what to change, what wasn't so good etc. As i said, i am a beginner at this so don't expect too much from those ... things.
    6. Screenshot:

7. Credits: Invisibl3
    8. Homepage: None.

9.Download:http://files.filefront.com//;8021384;;/

EDIT: Put all the files into the UT2004\System folder.

great, i really like it. im lookingh forward to the full release.
    what is the turret you placed on the goliath?

Comment

wow... i honestly didn't think i would get any positive replies lol It's the cannon from the SPMA Artillery from the Bonus Pack.

Comment

Whilst the concept is good, this can be achieved with a mutator called vehiclestuff (search on the atari forums I believe its there).

vehiclestuff allows you to change the properties of any vehicle, like give a leviathan a ioncannon and 4 goiliath cannons, change vehicle health and wheel size, jump & hover height, and other things... so this pack is useless to me,

HOWEVER
        as far as the experience you gained from the programming aspect, i hope to see new ideas coming out.
        so good effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Fizzyxl View Post
          Whilst the concept is good, this can be achieved with a mutator called vehiclestuff (search on the atari forums I believe its there).

vehiclestuff allows you to change the properties of any vehicle, like give a leviathan a ioncannon and 4 goiliath cannons, change vehicle health and wheel size, jump & hover height, and other things... so this pack is useless to me,

HOWEVER
          as far as the experience you gained from the programming aspect, i hope to see new ideas coming out.
          so good effort.
          Never heard of that mutator, thanks.

Comment

I'm looking for some strong vehicles to use in Invasion gametypes, I'll have a look at these...

Comment

Originally posted by Invisibl3 View Post
              wow... i honestly didn't think i would get any positive replies lol It's the cannon from the SPMA Artillery from the Bonus Pack.
              i really like it. i say, you are not a noob anymore.

Comment

These vehicles work very well for Invasion, I liked the Scorp and the Bomber in particular. The Hellbender mod is interesting, while the mantailiath is just lol.

Comment

my fav thing to make is a scorpian with a goliath turret and slightly largher wheels, if you made one of those but using coding (i be n00b) so the turret is smaller, and the weapon does slightly less damage or something, and basically made it fit in better then i would def download.

Comment

Thanks for the positive replies . Maybe i'll make some new pack soon enough, just have to find a tutorial how to make vehicles from scratch... Any suggestions, anyone?

Comment

the VTM's with UT2k4 would be best

unrealwiki should have a tutorial on modeling and such and getting it into unrealed (i had a blast!) but here is a short rundown on what you need to do

Create the model (turrets are not connected to the main model, they are different save files)

uv and triangulate the model

add in bones(joints) and allign them so Z points up and X points forward
                      Things TO REMEMBER!
                      1-place a bone in the middle of the main model and make sure that it is at 0,0,0 (the turning point)
                      2-turrets attaching bone should be upside down (weird bug but that is what you need to do)
                      3-make sure you know every bone name and they are all easy to remember

soft bind, and then play around with the weighting, remember that bones only rotate(or they mess up, and ut only rotates) so rotate every bone to make sure they don't effect what they shouldn't

create a character set (will make it import for some reason from mayaple

import as a skeletal mesh

set it up using an exsisting vehicle model in the animation browser (where you will be playing with the model now), if you want it around the size of a manta, then check to see how big a manta is and tweak you'r mesh size so it is propper (or you will have to tweak the settings in the .uc later)

remember to set collision, you have to go and set view collision in the animations browser and then tweak the collision settings

add skin and after the model is pretty save it in an original named package like
                      ONSpoopkart

now here is the important part for the coding and getting it working in the game

in you'r vehicle folder make a new one called Animations and put the ONSpoopkart from the C:\UT2004\Animations into this new folder and change the bone names and such

that is about it, the rest you can deal with

Comment

Huh... he used the SPMA turret as the Goliath's turret... Deadly..

Comment

manta turret dishing out tank projectials

Comment

Originally posted by Lorin-Slasher View Post
                            Huh... he used the SPMA turret as the Goliath's turret... Deadly..
                            I made something like that a while back. I put a S.P.M.A. turret on the Paladin that fires the goliath projectile primary and S.P.M.A. artillery shell secondary. I'll post it in the Full releases tomorrow. I also have a map somewhere that I made with a flying leviathan that shoots rapid fire redeemers, a flying ion tank, machine gun raptor & cicada, and a scorpion with the cicada's ball turret. I made them in UED and they're just embedded into that map. You can do all kinds of goofy stuff like that in UED. Heres an example. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sarge-David View Post
                              the VTM's with UT2k4 would be best
                              What's VTM? I don't think I've ever heard of such place.

Comment

Working...
                              X