• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VCTF-Satellite75

Name: VCTF-Satellite75
    Version: Beta 3 (hopefully final beta)
    Compatibility: UT2004 w/ ece bp
    Description: A VCTF set in space on a satellite orbiting a planet of some description. Bases are seperated by the giant satellite and connected via a ring running around the outside.

Comments: I have been working on this on and off for a while now, and it is near completion. It is designed with RPG in mind, so you may ask yourself why some parts do not have a jump pad when it feels like there should be one there. I have also placed more powerful custom vehicles in there to meet up to the RPG standard, these include a Flare Raptor, Plasma Scorpion and Shock Scorpion. I have spent most of my time tackling balance issues, making sure each path is as balanced as others and making weapon lockers balanced. Shock Rifle and Rocket Launcher can only be found in the central chamber under the dish.
    Some areas feel like they need some attention, but I am not sure how to improve on them, so feedback is welcome.

Screenshots:

Blue Base

Red Base

Flare Raptor

Shock Scorpion

Under Dish gangways

Credits: Epic, Mr Evil (Jump Boots), whoever made SuperAdrenaline, Blitz VCTF toolkit, the many faces at Titan Forums, Molgan's Starrz2 for inspiration
    Download: Unreal Playground, FileFront

Here are some things that could help you: Under the dome are light clipping issues. In the room with the shock rifle and rocket launcher, make it the central control room for the satelite, add computers and stuff. and on the bright side of the top of the dome, its TOO bright, it hurt my eyes. Other than that its a good map.

Edit: I like how u made 2 netrual vechiles. but since the Shock Scorpion is fast and powerfull, make the defence of it lower. to make it fair that is... and that weapon on the platform how u sposta get it without killing yourself? the only way i can get it and come back is if i use the portal gun or the trans-spider

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Vipes View Post
      Here are some things that could help you: Under the dome are light clipping issues. In the room with the shock rifle and rocket launcher, make it the central control room for the satelite, add computers and stuff. and on the bright side of the top of the dome, its TOO bright, it hurt my eyes. Other than that its a good map.
      My original intentions was to make that room a central room, with CCTV monitors of both bases along with a healpod, leaderboard scroller and other fancy stuff. I think I just completely forgot about it. Will work on that room some more.
      I will also work on the lighting, I think its just the reflective surface reflecting too much.
      Thanks for feedback.

Comment

eautiful map, thx

Comment

add some spacefighters. they can be decoration too, just to give the feel of a spacestation/satellite thing.

Comment

Working...
          X