DOM-Command [Released]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOM-Command [Released]

A *heavily* modified port of the UT CTF map (basic geometry was all that was ported)

Download

Will be up on the map sites whenever I get the time to do it.

Sweet!! Haven't tried yet, but CTF-Command was one of my faves

Comment

Download link doesn't seem to work.
      It takes me to a white page with only the words Redirecting to selected file.... but nothing happens.

Comment

Judging from the screenshots, it looks more like Deck16 than CTF-Command. :-)

But what do I know, I haven't tried it yet.

Bill

Comment

Re-direct is now working....just d/l'ed....will give it a whirl and come back with feedback...

Comment

Well I can not ever remember playing CTF-Command in Ut but then again the ole memory is a failin'

At first I was not that thrilled with this DDom map but during the second Instant Action match I tried a certain strategy...each Control Point has a set of ledges that once a defender secures the Point you can hop up upon and get out of a line of direct fire and have an easy time of destroying the attackers as they attempt to take control of your respective Point (does this make sense ?? )....anyways once I figured this out this map became very easy to play and scoring and winning was a brease.....

So I have given Dom-Command the preliminary "Ejen April DDom Camper Award"..... no less prestigest than the Ownage award I'd say :up:

Comment

Yes, those ledges can make it somewhat easy to stop incoming bots. However, stopping real people is always much harder Online play is where most any map really shines, and the complex setup of this map works very well, from clan tests.

Comment

ur^Worlock,

Your combination of fairly complicated BSP and static meshes is commendable. You obviously have a good command of the editor. Your map is optimized nicely and performs very well. On first run through the layout is just a little complex for DOM, but after a couple of rounds, it was on. I think your map is ownage material. Excellent DOM Map!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the compliment. And yes, it is a little rough the first few times through. I've seen enough online games on this map during testing to know most didn't care for it until the 3rd or 4th game.

Comment

Working...
                  X