• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-{PuB}-Titan_III_[Beta3]/[Pics]/[Download]

Name: DM-Titan_III [Beta 3]
    Version: [Beta3]
    Compatibility: UT2004 / Patch 3399 / Editors Choice Edition
    Description: Players will fight in a deepspace outpost with a Quake 4/Doom 3 feel to it. The map is large, but in this 3rd Beta I worked alot on mapflow, adding more z-axis movement in the main area, and theres some new shortcuts in the map, can you find them?
    Comments:This is a *big* third beta of a map I designed back in 2007 and I decided to re-release it. It took a mighty video card in 2007 to pump this map out, but should run fine in todays machines. For 8+ player gaming in DM/TAM/FREON. Fun with low-grav and a full server. Titan was my first map for UT2K4. - 10/9/10 spY
    Credits: spY // The elevator meshes in the columns by Desperado #2 // Epic
    Homepage: http://www.thespyproductions.com
    Download: http://www.thespyproductions.com
    Inspirations: DM-Goliath // Quake 4 // Doom 3 // Star Wars // DG & Angel's maps
    Screenshots:

Woot! Looks awsome! I'll give this one a try and get back to you!

DOH!

No download?

Comment

Spy said Pending, nuts how are we going to help you with the miner stuff if we can not test it for ya.

Comment

Done - map download up on my site (link in first post)

This version is with regular weapons only.

Comment

Would just one supershock rifle be a good idea?

Comment

This is a really flowing and pretty map.

I played it with some friends on a LAN and were very happy with it. My only initial comments would be to cut down on the amount of adrenaline in the cooridors. Also, I think it might be more fun if the "main reactor" was in the middle of the map - I'll look at it in the editor soon and see if I might have more specific ideas of how the layout could be modded to incorporate that main reactor.

Really great "feel" to the map though, great lighting, use of meshes, it looks sweet!

Comment

Thanks for checkin it out and suggestions

This map is now running on our {PuB} clan TAM/Freon server btw:

{PUB}-TAM Chicago - 72.51.60.51:7777

Comment

nice map name ^^
                i will try to test this evening

Comment

Doom3 feel?

It would really feel like Doom3 if it was all dark and you needed light just to move around. But that's just my comment.
                  Excellent map, above all.

Comment

kewl thanx

Comment

Spy, why is the archive so large?

Comment

I think because I included UZ Compressed files for the redirect so admins can have everything in one package.

As far as getting the regular stuff saved into the My Level thing, I've never had a clear explanation as to how that works. The way I test my map to see if it works is I run the just the map on my gf's PC which has UT installed on it. If its missing something it tells me and I include that into the zip file..

But yeah the zip is a bit bigger because I include the UZ Compressed stuff.

Wish someone could explain to me the whole "my level" concept and how one actually saves stuff into it so that all you need is the map file...

Comment

Update: I am currently recreating this beta into a smaller, more DM'ish map. I'd like to move some of the areas around so that the core is in the center of the map. I'd like the corriders leading to the other hangars to be in a star shape from the center to provide better map flow, and more efficient zoning. All in keeping the same lighting and feel that the original has.

My clan leader has requested that I modify the current large version slightly to morph it into a ONS map...

Comment

I like the restructure idea, I think the map will be much easier to "learn" and be more fun for flow.

ONS? I assume with vehicles... it might be tricky. With such short distances between nodes it might be hard to ever reclaim a lost node. I suppose with some innovative node-link setup it could work.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Comment

totally agreed. and it woulkd bbe fun to add some destroyable objects like those n.e.x.u.s. missiles, that would do some.

Comment

Working...
                              X