Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

New STARGATE WEAPON : STAFF AND ZAT playable

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New STARGATE WEAPON : STAFF AND ZAT playable

Well i do'nt have MUTATOR sorry maybe someon create it?
    because i 'dont know how!

WELL is not finich sorry for the bug!

Name:
    STAFF AND STAFF WEAPON

Version:
    0.1 BETA

Compatibility:
    UT2004 v3369

Description:
    Formal description:
    Staff

Zat:
    XXXXX

FAQ

Q: How do I install this?
    Y: Just unpack the files from the archive and move them
    to your UT2004/System directory.

Q: What does the weapon do?
    Y: I'dont know in english try it

Q: What kind of mutator do I get with this package?
    Y: fight with JAFA weapon

Q: Is it possible to configure the mutator's settigs?
    Y: No.

Q: How did you get the idea to create this?
    Y: i LOVE stargate

Comments:
    soon

Screenshots:
    Staff

ZAt:
    soon

Credits:
    StargateTC
    Inquitious
    Killer909
    Yassine

Homepage:
    n/a

Download:
    Staff and zat Weapon
    to play in game :
    Code:
    summon sgtc.staffpickup
    summon zat.zatpickup
    Have fun,
    Yassine

The weapons could be a bit bigger. I like the staff, but it consumes way too much ammo even thou it auto fills back up. It also needs a little more anim on the projectile.

Try to make some visual effects for the ZAT instead of using the lightning gun fx, and it needs an alt-fire mode, unless I'm missing something.

Good Work thou..

Comment

ProjectUT got it right. The ZAT is just a non-zooming Lightning gun, and the Staff eats too much ammo for the damage it does, even though it does fill back up (this means you're stuck waiting for another shot while you're getting blasted.) The damage needs to go up or the ammo consumption needs to come down.

I also thought the staff had too short of a range on the altfire, but the model is really good.

There's room for improvement yet, but it's a good start. Much better than I could do

Comment

I liek the weapons, though you should make the sound effects a bit better. Such as having it where when u take out the Zat, it makes the little noise when it pops up liek in the show.
        Zat: I've watched stargate and have seen the Zat used many times. It is not an instand hit projectile, but rather a bolt that would charge up and trveled fast. You should make it where when you shoot a player it does the electricity thing like on the show to be more realistic. And yes, the zat should have some sort of secondary, like melee. Also, there should be a delay between when u click fire and hte time the projectile comes out, because the bebebeep noise is supposed to be the weapon charging before the shot, and the bweeuze is the shot.

Staff: Looks really cool, but messed up if you dont have "small weapons" checked. Needs a cleaner fire sound, and when you take it out it should have the front end open up, like in the show. The staff should be larger too in 1st person, and i agree, the damage should be higher, but i think the ammo is fine. Also, the projectile doesnt look right, in teh show it was more of an orange bolt, and traveled alot faster.
        Cool stuff though, stargate ftw!

Comment

Gotta give him credit for trying. They're really good weapons.

Comment

These are really fun weapons. Ive been using previous versions for some time now. The staff does have its limitations, so something should be adjusted. The biggest issue is the projectile for me. I would like to see smaller projectiles that are maybe twice as fast. The Zat is actually very realistic. Problems with it: The charge doesnt appear to come FROM the gun in 1st person view. It should have a folding feature as the alt fire (this should be easy since it looks like the animation is already in place). It also doesnt have an icon in the HUD.
            The zat and staff should probably be subclasses of different weapons too. As it is, you have to switch between them (using "3") along with the mine layer and the bio rifle. It just seems like 2 stargate related guns shouldnt be on the same weapon menu.
            Of course this is just a beta and everyone's input will help yassine's team.
            Good job Yassine!

Comment

Nice weapons, but some improvements can be done, as people mentioned earlier - both of the guns need to be slightly bigger, at least in the 3rd person view. Staff's projectile could be faster. About three times faster.
              And most importantly - effects need some major adjustments. I see the emitters were just copied from stock weapons and recolored - and it's acceptable in beta, but these weapons beg for some better emitters.

Staff projectile should be mainly visible as a bright corona (maybe auto-adjusting to distance from player like coronas in the maps?) and leave scorch marks and smoke like in the series.

Zat could use some more sophisticated effects - lightning gun emitter fits pretty well, but the electric charge could, for example, shock players standing near the hit location (too bad it's not really possible to check wether the surface is made from metal and conducts electricity).
              Also, when you fire zat in third person view, assault rifle's muzzle flash appears - you probably overlooked that in code while subclassing.

And what's that thing holding zat? A goauld hand? Because it's a little hard to recognise.

Good luck with further improvements!

Comment

thx

Thx is very good

Comment

How long will it take for the new tweaks to be inputted?

Comment

hello, i know it's too lonng, but i have found a video :

Comment

Good vid and nice mutator for the Stargate stuff. But you'll need to fix your first post; one screenie is broken and the download link is dead (re-upload again). Thank you.

Comment

I don't even know if he is even on here anymore....

Comment

If you check his activity; he seems to be around but not sure if he still do care about UT2004

Comment

sorry i lost it !

Comment

Working...
                            X