• Show
Clear All

ThunderClash v1.30 *(16 April 2007)*

1. Name: ThunderClash
    2. Version: v1.30 (16 April 2007)
    *Fixed bot AI, Game scoring (and ending now), little vehicle stuff.*
    WHY CANT I SELECT A ICON FOR MY MOD?

3. Compatibility: UT2004

4. Description: Last Team Standing with vehicles!
    You can select the vehicle everyone spawns in, or you can choose [Random Vehicle] (i balanced the vehicles pretty good in testing, let me know if its unbalanced or not.)

5. Comments: This is also 4years old, i decided to finish it a bit. Let me know about painfull bugs!

6. Screenshot: 3 movies from the development of the mod.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whZkY_jq2t0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbD6qCo-tTo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3jnkJAAt9I

7. Credits: ideaprison
    8. Homepage: http://www.thunderclash.tk
    9. Download: Link to download

The package also contains 2 maps:

(both also 4years old, a little updated but not great.)

CityRumble

Highway

Hey, I remember this from a LONG time ago! SWEET!

I'll be playing this one for sure!

Comment

yes, my nickname posting it was Dtach and i just wanted to finish it when i found my UT2004 box while cleaning up my room

Comment

I seem to remember bots being a lot better in UT2003 than they are now..... they just sort of sit there and don't do much of anything.

And when everyone on the other team is out, the game doesn't end.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemephosis View Post
          I seem to remember bots being a lot better in UT2003 than they are now..... they just sort of sit there and don't do much of anything.

in my testing i did notice it sometimes happens for a match, so when i started and if they just stood still and restarted they would be killing like mad in the new match.
          And if you played one of the two maps the problem would be the map (0 bot paths)

and i tested it again and when i kill all the bots (and they are out of lives) the game ends, which for you is odd

Comment

Might be some of the mutators I use then, but I can't see how they'd affect anything, the combination I use works in every other game type.....

Comment

the bots AI gets set in the gamemode itself so mutators shouldnt matter.. i have no idea why it happens but ill try some stuff here, are the bots stupid all the time or just sometimes? (else you can order them so S&D :P)

Comment

Originally posted by Nemephosis View Post

It depends on the bot code made for the gametype and the bot pathing for the map. UT2004's bots are supposed to be smarter than those from UT2003, and are pretty hard with the right AI code. Play a DM on a default map with the bots on godlike and you have a good chance of being owned by them. If bots sit there, that usually means there is no bot pathing.

Comment

I dunno, they don't do much of anything in ONS-Primeval either. If there's a target they'll start firing and they WILL chase you if you try to run, but if there's no one around to see, they just sit there.

And the game still doesn't end when one team is out, but I did a "killbots" command and it ended the game.

Comment

i will look into both of them bugs later today, the AI is coded that they look for a vehicle closes to them that is considered an enemie or else just backup a team mate.

thanks for you feedback

Comment

I dunno, they play Onslaught perfectly, even at novice difficulty (even if they do suck at it on the first difficulty, they play it right.)

Comment

MOD updated to 1.30:
                        (Fixed) Bot AI, vehicle balancing, and the game now ends and score is now working too.

Let me know if there is more stuff wrong

Comment

Well, the links all still point to 1.2, for starters.

Comment

oops, im doing a bad job keeping this topic right ~_~
                            link fixed!

Comment

They still just sit there.....

Comment

Working...
                              X