X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lancer motorcycle v1.3

EDIT 4/15/07
    ---------------------
    If you have tried to contact me via email in the past several weeks, there is a good chance it has been flushed during a mass spam filter failure. Please drop me a PM if you want to get in touch with me. Thanks!

ORIGINAL POST
    ---------------------
    Hello again all

Well, it's been a long time coming, but I made some more improvements to the Lancer. The list includes:

* New boost effects!

* New Tire Mine effects!

* More intelligent tire mines.

* Tire damage can be healed incrementally instead of waiting for 100%
    vehicle health.

And...

* POSSIBLE net compatibility (volunteers needed!)

Download here:
    http://arclength.net/ut2004/

Screenshots are here:
    http://arclength.net/ut2004/lancer/screenshots/

Once again, as with all my mods, you will need a fully patched & updated system to install this vehicle.

On a side note, I have been (and will be) extremely busy with work the next several months, so communication will be minimal. I will do my best now to catch up on PM's and all that.

I hope everyone is doing well! Catch you guys later.

UT2004Addict

Looks sweet! Will DL once my main comp is back online.

BTW, what map are those screens taken in? I try to get my hands on as many city maps I can.

Comment

Looks like ONS-Minus-ECE.

Comment

Indeed, that's Minus (an awesome map).

Comment

Oooo, yay, ive been waiting for this thing!
          I want to see this work on net, i vulunteer.

Comment

Last time I tried the Lancer, I couldn't even summon it!
            What am I missing?!

Comment

Make sure your system has ALL the updates and patches, INCLUDING the ECE stuff, etc. .

Originally posted by Lorin-Slasher View Post
              Last time I tried the Lancer, I couldn't even summon it!
              What am I missing?!

Comment

I don't know what you did differently to it, but this time I tried running it and it actually used things not from an obscure POS of a map pack, IE I was able to run it. ****, this is a good vehicle. It's hard as hell to control, but maybe that just means you made something that actually takes some kind of skill to use instead of generic ATV's that run over everything like the Epic vehicles do.

Great stuff.

As such, I give a rating of: 5

Comment

Why, thank you, kind sir. Glad you like it.

Originally posted by Nemephosis View Post
                  I don't know what you did differently to it, but this time I tried running it and it actually used things not from an obscure POS of a map pack, IE I was able to run it. ****, this is a good vehicle. It's hard as hell to control, but maybe that just means you made something that actually takes some kind of skill to use instead of generic ATV's that run over everything like the Epic vehicles do.

Great stuff.

As such, I give a rating of: 5

Comment

Lancer doesn't take water damage, you might wanna fix that.

Comment

I've never understood why they have to take water damage anyway. Cars don't blow up when they touch a puddle in real life.

Comment

I tried it out on a dedicated server and found the following:

The fire trail wasn't working at all for me.

The tiremines appear to be working and the damage to the wheels appears to be working correctly. However, the wheel damage visual effects don't appear. Even though the wheel is damaged it doesn't disappear and get replaced with the smoking flaming emitter like it does on a listen server.

I like the way it drives and the passenger weapon carry is really kool!

Comment

I found that when I damaged an enemy scorpion with the tire mines, then I carjacked it, the vehicle was back to full health like nothing ever happened to it.

Granted, this may be because I was using UT2004RPG at the time (and as such, any vehicles I get into get my health/damage reduction/weapon damage/weapon speed bonuses). So I'll try again tomorrow without it and see if the same thing happens.

Comment

Hey y'all

Lord Buggy:
                            Hmmm... that's odd. I'll check into that. I'll try and make sure the water damage is minimal, though, 'cuz I agree with Nemephosis.

TheEdge:
                            You know, I think I know what's up with that. I'll have to do some re-work, but I think I can solve those issues.

Nemephosis:
                            I have a hunch it's because of your RPG settings -- if a vehicle gets healed past the point that the mine damaged it, then the tire will come back.

Comment

man

hey can any one help me by telling me how to install this vehicle. please

Comment

Working...
                              X