Wangtang's Mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wangtang's Mods

Here is the first of many vehicles, the BTR-80, Amphibious APC.
    The BTR-80 is a large 8 wheeled amphibious APC, and is able to carry the most passengers out of any UT2k4 standard vehicle. It has a crew compliment of 8, 1 driver, gunner, and 6 passengers. It it heavily armored, and armed with a 30mm HE cannon, which is sufficient to destroy most threats. Also, it is able to traverse on land AND water.
    ScreenShoot:

Download:
    BTR-80 v2 (fixed mutator)
    Missing Texture file (NEEDED)

I look forward to getting some feedback on this vehicle, and the ones to come!

install corect but didnt spawn in map

dont know why ??

Comment

Very nice. I'm looking forward to trying the rest of em.

Comment

Dont work!

After you get a working mute or proper documentation on how to use it then let us know. Probably your mut.uc associated with the package is coded wrong or not compiled properly?

Comment

Works for me, anyhow did you lot actually configure the mutator?

Comment

Well, i used some code from another mut that had a lil drop down menu, and got it so u can have mroe than one choice to it with some help. It was either that or make 3 separate mutators.
            As for why the mute doesnt work, i dont know...
            It is setup to where it will replace the hellbender, select the mutator called "BTR-80 APC", and in the config menu, you have a choice of the 3 diffrent camo types to replace the hellbender.
            If that doesnt work, try spawning it:
            summon btr80v2.btr80l -Desert
            summon btr80v2.btr80lu -Urban
            summon btr80v2.btr80lj -Jungle

Anyways, i changed the way the mutator works, and it'll now generate an ini. The link has been updated.

Comment

Things to fix and such:
              -Make the water effects work online
              -Fix the urban btr's KComOffset
              -Make a separate mesh for the water mode, where the wheels are raised

Comment

thank you !

now I got fix version but my UT2004 mess up so bad
                some things wrong with DirectX or Direct3D ....
                I did reinstal WindowXP but still cant fix it
                think time to Buy new PC ...

Comment

great texture, keep up the good werk

Comment

all I have to say is this: NEEDS BIGGER GUNS AND MORE WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

This looks nice Haven't tried it (as I've long been out of touch... oy- looks like my postcount has been reset with the "new" boards, hm?) but it reminds me of Xilver's Sea Lion. I'll watch for updates and let you know what I think when I get a chance to try.

Comment

i gave it a wirl an compared to the sea lion i saw this vehicle is better in the way it funtions more like the real deal.

Comment

Aww cool!

Comment

Thanks.

Please report any bugs to me so i can fix them. So far there are a few bugs to keep in mind.
                            When you go into water mode, soemtimes the vehicle gets stuck. Just get out and hit it with something, such as a rocket, and it should be fine.
                            The vehicle properties are not the same for them all, i left out a few things liek suspecsionsoftness and KComOffSet. The desert one if how the vehicle should operate.
                            One more thing, the water effects dont yet work online yet.

The next vehicle will be the Jeep. Its close to completion. I am going to add some detail to the skin, and fix up the code some.

In other news, with the help of Lord Buggy, I am also working on a new type of sniper rifle. The idea came to me while playing a sniper match with the PSI sniper, and i got annoyed with the fact that a person can trans themselves around, and shoot you so easily and point blank. Theres also the fact people will spam their target. That is not what a sniper match is. It should be a "one shot, one kill" and something where u actually have to camp. So i decided to make a new sniper, and heres what it is:

Name: X-82A2 Sniper Rifle
                            Descreiption: The X-82A2 is a large, automatic sniperrifle, and is very similar to the Barrett M82. It does 90 damage per shot.
                            Features:
                            It has a configurable 6 round clip. After each clip is expended, you must reload.
                            The only way to fire the weapon accuratly is to be in scope mode, when you are not in scope mode, the bullet will fly in random direction, also, while in scope mode, you cannot move. This will effectivly eliminate "run and gun" tactics.
                            Due to the fact this is an automatic sniper, with a damage count of 90, it also features recoil. After each shot, you will find yourself pointed upward.
                            The scope is also nice, and doesnt have the black stuff blocking your view, and even has a range finder.
                            Another cool feature, is the fact that this gun, after each shot, ejects a smoking hot shell casing, which if touched by another player, will hurt them.

Heres a shot of the weapon. (note, the scope was moved further back)

Comment

Originally posted by shadow21 View Post
                              all I have to say is this: NEEDS BIGGER GUNS AND MORE WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              Umm, i dotn think so.
                              I was tihnking of giving the passengers some machineguns to use however.

Comment

Working...
                              X