X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Sunder | Layout/Alpha Test

Name: DM-Sunder
    Players: 8-12, maybe some more.

Description: This is just a layout test. I decorated a few areas, but left enough room for layout changes. I've been making a few improvements to the layout, but decided to let youse test it before I finalized the layout. It's fully pathed, weapons, etc. Plays 12 bots pretty well too. Give it a try. I think it feels too big; let me know if you think the same... Thanks, and have a super day.

DOWNLOAD: DM-Sunder_Alpha1.zip

why Sunder, why not Kenning?

Comment

why Kenning, why not Sunder?

Comment

Very nice map, reminds me of Halo for some reason. It certainly has character with its clean, bunker-ish look.

Too big... not really, just feels that way due to the somewhat symmetrical, linear layout and "epic" scaling (but the latter is also part of its charm). Yes, it takes a while to get around, but this could only be fixed by radically changing the map, basically scrapping much of the peripheral layout so the action is more centered around the main area in the pic. Maybe add some stuff vertically. But then it would be a rather small and open map. Hm... But maybe you've already fixed this so I'll shut up now.

Comment

Got the map open now:

- the room/hallway where the boards cross the lava feels a bit too safe, perhaps remove a few boards, widen the gap.
          - the room with the lava pool, covered by the metal floor with railings is a bit boring, some Z movement might spice it up.
          -the damage pickup is in a strange place. It might work better if the wall behind it went somewhere, into a hall maybe - to add another angle of approach for it
          -make the pipes lining the some of the walls bigger and with collision, they would provide a fun way to traverse certain areas
          -some of the big walls, separating a lower floor from a higher platform could use some work. They would be a great area for a middle path dug into the wall, and a nice spot to stock up on health/ammo
          - the particle system in the skybox is pretty strange
          - the ceiling fake-backdrop is way too close, a stray rocket hitting what is supposed to be an infinite looking sky totally ruins the atmosphere of the map
          -if you lower the gravity outside with volumes and call it a mars or moon base, you might be able to get around some of the huge Z gaps that seems to subtract from the layout a bit
          - the L- shaped room with the grate and stairs over the lava is pretty neat, but it might work better if the concrete wall was a bit further than the seemingly redundant railings

Comment

Working...
          X