Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dom-UepterGupta Beta

Hi folks,
    this is my latest map! The whole area was build gradually and even though I spent a lot of time with testing, I'm not yet sure whether the gameplay is fluid enough. I could have missed some visual bugs too, so posting it as a beta map seemed the best idea to make sure it is really playable. Therefore I'd be very grateful for any comments.

Here's a litte description of the map:
    The scene is set amidst the Egyptian desert: The vast twin-temples just recently found and excavated by Liandri Corp. are now to be used as a showplace for the tournament. Each player starts in his team's spawnroom, which is located at the deepest level of the excavation site. From here on, many ways lead into the core of each temple where the DOM point is hidden: Just run outside, take an elevator and either use the stairs (to attack frontally) or one of the two sideways leading into the backyard (to attack from behind). Another way is to use the elevator within the spawnroom which leads to the middle-tower; this is a bit slower but yields some extra ammo in exchange. If you need something more sophisticated, you could even try to reach the sniper station built on rock high above the map.
    There are even more ways that connect the two temples - the player is quite free to decide where he wants to go or what to do. I hope the screenshots can give you some impression of it:

Download here: DOM-UepterGupta (zip)
    -Fuut

Wow... looks really really good. Can't really comment on the gameplay - I don't play DOM - but lighting, texturing, etc. are all excellent.

Comment

yes looks really nice

I hope you make CTF & DM version too

Comment

really nice !!
        the first screen is awesome
        will download
        and +1 for a DM if possible ^^

Comment

Well, a half year ago, I had the idea for this map and began. At that time I didn't know anything about how to make static meshes, water, materials, triggers and so on, but now, a half year later, it's a beta!

Comment

Very pleasing to the eye.

Comment

Holy s**t
              Now thats what I call a map.
              Everything looks superb
              Downloading

Comment

thanks to all of you!
                it's nice that you like my map's design, but can anyone test it a little bit too, please?

Comment

I went to play the map, only its not showing up in my Double Domination map list, so i thought i'd run it directly from the map folder, upon doing so, i got a UT2004.exe error.

Comment

is it possible to load the map in unrealed? There are some umlauts in the names of some static meshes, dunno if that's the problem.

maybe there are some resources like static meshes or textures missing.
                    does anyone have the same problem?

Comment

it purtiful

+eleventyone for DM version

Comment

why do you want a Dm version of this map? it is built for game modes like CTF, DOM and maybe BR.
                        symmetric dm maps are boring! =(

Comment

If no one finds a bug, I will release this map.
                          Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
                          X