• Show
Clear All

Bot Cheat HUD

Type: Mutator
    Name: Bot HUD
    Author: Nijel 'Morphias' Manthey
    Download: http://members.optusnet.com.au/~projectut/BotHud.zip
    Description:
    This simple mutator shows the bots movement, target, enemy, focus drawn by lines on the screen. I made this to see just how bots played, and I was not happy at the result. If you're up to it, read the README.TXT, it's a bit plunt, but that's how I felt after making this and playing this. It'll most likely get deleted for my comments.

You can actually use this to see where bots are going to be while playing, a bit like they do to you... LOL. It may be a pointless mutator, but heh, i'm bored!

[screenshot]http://members.optusnet.com.au/~projectut/3.jpg[/screenshot]

Nice concept d00dman. I've always disliked ut2004's bots, and this mutator should give me more reasons to dislike them more, lol

It's always nice to see people coding bot mutators for those who play offline a lot, which is more people than you think.

If you're REALLY bored, find a way to make bots dodge randomly (like ut99's), and completely remove walljumps from bots.

Comment

Very useful for AI-testing purposes, good job!

Comment

yes it is, sence you can see multi bots...

Comment

Heh heh heh, time to pwn bots while camping.

Comment

The little SOBS track you through walls, from 2 miles away, they just randomly lock onto you for no apparent reason, scary...

Oh well, at least I can shock combo them from around corners.

Comment

Originally posted by 9ades View Post
              The little SOBS track you through walls, from 2 miles away, they just randomly lock onto you for no apparent reason, scary...

Oh well, at least I can shock combo them from around corners.
              Sh*t, I've had bots keep an AVRiL lock on me even when I was out of their line of sight :|

Comment

Originally posted by Farseer View Post
                Very useful for AI-testing purposes, good job!
                Seconded!

I'd probably drop the readme.txt though

Comment

Originally posted by outpt.co.uk View Post
                  I'd probably drop the readme.txt though
                  Sorry, was having a bad hair day, maybe i'll remove it and put a more fitting one in there. After all, it does have potential, I used this on some maps and found why bots had trouble with some spots in the map, especially lifts...

Comment

Nifty tool, but doesn't seem to be compatible with TDM4...

Comment

Peace of advince projectUT do not NAME your readme Readme there are far to many named that and it WILL get over writen

Comment

nice,i could use this to test aiming on my insanely large test map

Comment

Oddly enough, I see nothing when I have this active

Comment

You gotta bind a key to turn the hud on and off, it can be binded within ut2004.

Comment

Good mut, but, err... What does each line colour represent?

P.S. the link give a 404. Are there any mirrors, or could you put it up again?

Comment

Working...
                              X