• Show
Clear All

ONS-Mystic_BETA

Name: ONS-Mystic
    Version: 1.0
    Compatibility: UT2004
    Author: Aeonic
    Email: kyle.mulligan@gmail.com
    Description: A small 4-10 player, 3 node map in a misty mountainous setting.

High above the ridged mountains peaks within the clouds lay a mystic land untouched for ages. The cool air blows a fresh scent across the land while the sounds of animals and running water gradually merge with the echoes of crazed laughter and gun fire in the near distance.

Screenshots:

Download: ONS-Mystic_BETA.zip [5.6MB]

Enjoy!

EDIT: Looks nice!

Comment

Thanks, should be fixed now.

Comment

would be nice if the screenshot was bigger. Looks good though.

Comment

Critical Update:

There was a fairly large visual error I noticed I forgot to fix just after releasing it so that's fixed now. There are also a lot more larger pictures available.

Comment

Hi,

Do you mind if I edit your map and place it on my clan's server?

I would just like to add/subtract a few vehicles, possibly change the node configuration and other minor things here and there. I will not be editing any of the landscaping, geometry or buildings.

Comment

Oh sorry for not mentioning this earlier (was in a hurry), but I really love the map

It is literally the perfect map I've been looking for for a little idea I've always had...

Comment

looks nice. can't wait til' its final

Comment

Flybye:

Glad to see you like the map! Nope, I don’t mind if you modify it just as long as you keep the modified version on your server and don’t distribute it.

Emmet Otter:

Thanks! I can’t wait till it’s finished either then I can move on to making another map

Comment

Well, I hope you don't think I've uglified your map

I have been waiting for the perfect map to add a bone yard to. Your map is perfect as the centre area acts as a pit or dumping ground for dead vehicles and useless ammunition. If you can tell, I have also created small areas where people can hide and take cover. So far, it has made very interesting gameplay. I've had about 18-20 people in it, and the match lasted almost 70 minutes! With this node setup, it goes back and forth a lot, but it only takes a select few elites to make a good push through.

Each core now has 2 Benders & 2 Mantas. 3 & 1 still have their tank, but also have a Bender and no Scorp. I added 4 & 5 completely unprotected by any structure and only 1 Scorp spawns there. The rest of the Geo is pretty much the same. I've tweaked little things here and there for better tank movement, etc. A lot of people are complaining about the fog. I might add more rain and less fog, but not sure about that yet. It still needs much tweaking, though. Tanks getting stuck in places, other vehicles sinking into the ground, etc. But for the most part most people enjoyed it and certainly called the map "different."

Currently, mid tank is limited to one side of the pit because of debris, but I'll probably allow it to travel around the centre area the next time I edit the map.
                    You are more than welcome to check it out in our server. Map name is pretty much the same, and it is also on redirect.

ut2004://72.51.60.34:7777

Comment

How are you coming along with the map?

Comment

this boneyard thing interests me, will have to come along and try it

as for the map on normal version, tis truly a good map, more? please? :P

Comment

nice looking map, will dl later

Comment

Well the "Boneyard" is currently at Beta4 on my server and am currently working on BETA5.

ut2004://72.51.60.34:7777

It's on redirect. ONS-Mystic_BETA-4
                            Some complain about FPS at mid. I get about 70-80, but it certainly depends on your hardware. I'm not sure how to make it better, though Anyways, I've done some more neat things with the centre, so check it out if you'd like

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X