• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jurassic Rage: Evolution II

Name: Jurassic Rage: Evolution II
    Version: 2.1
    Compatibility: UT2004 patched to version 3369

Description:
    It has been a day since the velociraptors broke out of their high-security pens from Medical Lab 2A. Security forces have been unable to control them, which resulted in the deaths of dozens of scientists and security guards. The scientists are becoming overly strained because of this situation. They have been becoming overbearing over how the security guards have been handling the situation.

With the increasingly pungent attitude of the scientists to the security guards, the guards suspect that the scientists are hiding something. There is something about these velociraptors that escaped that is greatly important. What ever it is, it is important enough to call for a Level 4 security breach.

The mental symptom among a majority of the island's velociraptor is increasing. The rate is comparable to a disease of some sort. The scientists seem to be overly concerned over this epidemic. They claim ignorance over the origin of this mental sickness, but the guards suspect otherwise.

To Be Continued...

Comments:
    Jurassic Rage is an episodic first-person action shooter modification for Unreal Tournament 2004. We are undertaking the challenge to incorporate fun gameplay with a realistic world and an evolving storyline into one well-tested and balanced package released every 30 days.

Evolution II adds realistic weapons plus related features such as reloading, recoil, accuracy or ricochets. Most known bugs have been fixed, AI was tweaked. Detailed list of changes can be found here.

Screenshot:

Credits: (Contributors)
    Code:
    -- Animation --

Hugo Silverio
        Jamie 'Evil Smiley' Krautkremer

-- Concept Art --

D. 'Sapien' Newman

-- Level Design --

DGUnreal
        Grompp
        JediZebra101
        Swifty-

-- Management --

Hugo Silverio
        Matthew 'Maty' McDonald
        Rob 'd0cd' Johnson
        Roman 'Switch`' Dzieciol

-- Models --

Abdi
        Andy (F-22 RaptoR) Birmingham
        Arman 'Armanguy' Abounourinejad
        Fr33style
        L3NNY
        Matthew 'Maty' McDonald
        Rob 'd0cd' Johnson
        Scott 'Scott01' Brunner

-- Music --

Esben Kramer (Esbenkramer@gmail.com)
        The Blackwater Project

-- Programming --

Rob 'd0cd' Johnson
        Roman 'Switch`' Dzieciol

-- Textures --

agro.
        Arman 'Armanguy' Abounourinejad
        D. 'Sapien' Newman
        Fr33style
        JediZebra101
        Matthew 'Maty' McDonald

-- Website --

agro.
        Zozart

-- Writing --

Andrew 'Dino' Harmathy
        Jim 'HawkEye321' Dow
        Towers
        Zozart

-- Special Thanks --

Andrew 'Dino' Harmathy - Research
        DGUnreal - Technical Advisory
        Andy (F-22 RaptoR) Birmingham - Weapons Consultant
        Jamie 'Evil Smiley' Krautkremer - FTP Administration
        Jim 'HawkEye321' Dow - Paleontologist
        Towers - Research
        Zozart - IRC Administration
    Homepage: http://www.jurassic-rage.com

Download: (25MB)
    - moddb.com
    - brainfreezegames.com (Slow!)

ZIP archive for Mac, Linux, dedicated servers, etc:
    - moddb.com

Enjoy!

Is there any huge t-rex?

Comment

nope there isn't, well I didnt see one, but the raptors are soo cute I can hardly bring myself to blow them away. Really impressive stuff.

Comment

I hope you include one in the next update, Switch...I haven't played it yet, and it looks good, but however impressive it is, I'll get sick of this mod soon as long as there's only one kind of enemy.

Comment

yay new version is out !

thank you !

Comment

nice little mod
            here is a faster download UNREAL-WARFARE

Comment

OUCH, Im sorry to say that this has many many problems. I was hoping to see this progress but I think it not so good. Sorry

Comment

yeah, the weapons aren't like in the screenshot! LIARS! the mp5 is barely seen, all the weapons can't be realoaded as it says(maybe im wrong)
                actually, the spas looks like a brick in-game, it doesn't pump and you can fire almost like a machinegun
                the mp5 and spas have this thing that makes the model look cut...

well, enough of that, seriously i didn't like the weapons, they have many bugs!

Comment

this mod needs some help, ask some of the local geniuses around the forums if you need help.

Comment

I found this mod at times is nearly impossible to complete on map intime unless your in ONS map

Comment

ANick: Post the problems if you'd like to see them fixed.

Garompa: All 4 screenshots are ingame. First two from player camera, guns are in "running" position. Second two from the Arcade gametype, in spectator mode, fov altered. If the realistic weapons in running position don't look like on first two pics, it's a bug. MP5SD obscures a decent amount of screen. Post screenshots if it looks different on your computer.

Weapons can be reloaded with the Use key anytime you have enough ammo and you're not firing. Additionally, once the clip is empty, you can just press fire to reload. It should be rock solid both offline and online.

> it doesn't pump and you can fire almost like a machinegun
                      SPAS-12 is a semi-automatic shotgun. In semi-auto mode it doesn't pump and can fire very fast. Pump mode will be implemented at later time.

The weapon models are partially mirrored because they were prematurely optimized. It's not top quality mirroring either, this was done by a programmer because modellers were busy with other stuff.

TortiseTank MK6: It's supposed to be hard. If it's impossibly hard, increase the timelimit. The default one is 15 (seconds per dino), a very good player can handle 12 or less. ONS maps are not recommended, too open, too easy, too boring. If you're playing the Arcade gametype, you can enable the Berserk Weapons mutator to make UT2004 weapons more powerful.

Comment

I uninstalled it and before that I was not too interested in going into my log to copy the issues for you to see or to spend any time beta testing this.

I would lose all the weapons or completely remake them. I would also add several different kinds of raptors or dinos of different sizes and strengths. Also more charactor models to choose and I could go on and on but im not making this so all I can say is from what you got to me it is not any good.

I see you have level designers identified in the credits but I see no levels made for it. If your mod relies on maps allready made DM or ONS then it should be made to use those maps optimally rather than using the excuse of "ONS maps are too big and boring"! If they are too big and boring then why do you allow to include them in your mod?

This could be good but I think there are problems with your ini structuring and server package use and how that works or conflicts with the UT2004.ini during the initial load which effects various things like rendering device use and map voting and I wont go on to name more issues because I am not beta tester for this mod. I tried this and I could tell right away just by feel and script issues in log that it is problems so I was disappointed and uninstall.

I would ditch those weapons though and add way more dinos and player models.

Comment

What ANick seems to miss is that this is an evolution of a concept. More better weapons and dino's are in the planning, are being worked on. This is a placeholder release to get input from the community to help evolve the project to a better end product. To go "You need more dino's / weapons / this / that" isn't very constructive, you'd be better off giving them some info that they can actually use, and aren't working on already, to begin with.

Comment

Dont know how much more constructive I can be. I think the weapons are not any good so they could be remade or taken out completely or made to be used in the mutators list.

Needs more of a variety of dinos big and small. Some with low health and some with high health. Also have more character models rather than all looking the same running in the level.

Thats my input and to the point I see this has not evolved from the first one other than just added some weapons which I dont think helped it much but maybe hurt it. I dont see any servers either and I was not planning on making one so maybe I am wrong to add my feedback here unless its candy coated?

Comment

ANick: JR has two levels of map filtering: one hides incompatible maps (ones that could crash or cause serious issues), you can't turn it off without ini editing. The other hides maps that aren't recommended (too big/small/futuristic etc), you can toggle this in the map browser.

There are no recommended ONS maps. You can't select them by default, you have to disable the "Show recommended maps only" setting in map browser first.

The Default*.ini files look different because it's a TC mod. TC's can use simplified ini format, only the neccessary changes are included.

JR uses its own ServerPackages list to be more casual-gamer friendly. The ServerPackages list in UT2004.ini often contains junk that is incompatible with TC mods. Most people don't know what ServerPackages list is and can't clean it up, they just report that game is crashing or behaving weird. We provide a clean & safe ServerPackages list. Additionally, for people who do know what ServerPackages are, there's a reminder in the old unused list, to scroll down and use our list instead.

Our default.ini doesn't contain any render device nor gfx settings. They are all inherited from your UT2004.ini. MapVote uses modified maplist loader to filter out incompatible maps from the list, we're not aware of any problems caused by this.

I wouldn't count on remaking weapon models or adding different looking player models. We're focusing on stuff that does make a difference: new weapons, dinos, vehicles, maps. There's also another player faction for team vs team games in the works, they look completly different. Gameplay > eyecandy.

Constructive criticism, bug reports, suggestions and any other kinds of comments are welcome.

Comment

Working...
                              X