i wanna play your maps!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i wanna play your maps!!

hey all, new to the forums so be nice to me.

i keep hearing about all of these wonderful user maps that you all are posting here and i cannot play them (due to the fact that the demo works better on my pc than the full version). anyways i was just wondering if there was any way to add and play new maps in the ut2k3 demo. any comments would be appreciated!!

-marky-b

Re: i wanna play your maps!!

Originally posted by marky-b
    hey all, new to the forums so be nice to me.

i keep hearing about all of these wonderful user maps that you all are posting here and i cannot play them (due to the fact that the demo works better on my pc than the full version). anyways i was just wondering if there was any way to add and play new maps in the ut2k3 demo. any comments would be appreciated!!

-marky-b
    First of all, welcome to the forums.

Secondly, have you tried installing the latest patches for the full version?

Comment

hi

first of all, thx for the welcome.

second of all, can i install the patches on the demo?

Comment

hi

first of all, thx for the welcome.

second of all, can i install the patches on the demo?
        :weird:

There are separate patches for the demo.

The reason I asked if you have tried patching the full version is because you said the demo works better than the full version on your pc, so I figured you had the full version as well, yah?

[edit] I was asking about the patching for performance, not for playing custom maps with the demo. I'm not sure if it's possible to play custom maps with the demo.

Comment

ahh...
          i see. maybe i will try installing patches w/ the full version.

thx for the help.

but if anyone knows of any ways to play your maps on the demo, speak up and dont be afraid to share ;D

thx again

Comment

you cant.

full version only. and turn down the gfx in the full.

Comment

Originally posted by NickB
              you cant.

full version only. and turn down the gfx in the full.
              okie. thx for the blunt and short answer..

i installed the full version, newest patch, changed all resolution and audio quality to the lowest possible. still crappy performance. there is also another thing i would like to address. b4 i installed the patch, i could not see the weapons. they were just white pieces of space. the same thing happened after i installed the patch..

no big deal really, cuz the game sux on my pc anyways, but i was just wondering if anyone knew what the problem was and if anyone else had the same happen to them..

thx again. marky-b..

ps. anyone have any spare time that would like to create some demo maps for me? if it is possible to create them from scratch and then work in the demo version.

anyways , post replys ppl, dont just read. get involved!

once again. marky-b..

Comment

Well, it would help if you posted your computer specs. Hundreds of thousands of people don't have your problem, so apparently it might be something specific to your setup. A screenshot would also help if you can manage that too.

Comment

****! i just uninstalled it b4 i read this! grrr....

neways, i dont think i want to post my specs cuz ppl will laugh.

well, i will anyways:

compaq armada e500
                  15gb hd
                  128mb ram
                  1mb vid
                  1mb aud
                  1024x768 max res

>stop laughing!<

in otherwords, a piece of s hit laptop.
                  been thinking of upgrading, but im a bit low on funds...

>i said stop laughing!!<

if you have some spare cash laying around, GIVE IT TO ME SO I CAN BUY A GOOD PC AND STOP BOTHERING YOU ALL!!

marky-b

Comment

****! i just uninstalled it b4 i read this! grrr....

neways, i dont think i want to post my specs cuz ppl will laugh.

well, i will anyways:

compaq armada e500
                    15gb hd
                    128mb ram
                    1mb vid
                    1mb aud
                    1024x768 max res

>stop laughing!<

in otherwords, a piece of s hit laptop.
                    been thinking of upgrading, but im a bit low on funds...

>i said stop laughing!!<

if you have some spare cash laying around, GIVE IT TO ME SO I CAN BUY A GOOD PC AND STOP BOTHERING YOU ALL!!

marky-b
                    No laughing here. (Ok. just a little)

I used to have an Armada. That's a laptop right?

1mb of onboard video's not gonna cut it. I'm surprised you are able to run the demo.

I'm sorry for not originally understanding your situation.

Always post your specs when starting a thread regarding performance issues.

Good luck.

Comment

yup. its a p.o.s. laptop. but it works awesome for the demo!

i put the resolution to 1024x768 and put all the vid/aud settings all the way up. the gameplay is very smooth (like it was running on a 3.75ghz, 512mb ram, 1gb vid card pc.

a bit odd, yes, but im kinda getting sick of the same 5 levels over and over again.. well i guess thats what you get for being poor and not being able to get a good pc.

well, tnx for your insite.

still searching for someone to build me some custom maps for the demo

anyways thx again
                      marky-b

Comment

yup. its a p.o.s. laptop. but it works awesome for the demo!

i put the resolution to 1024x768 and put all the vid/aud settings all the way up. the gameplay is very smooth (like it was running on a 3.75ghz, 512mb ram, 1gb vid card pc.

a bit odd, yes, but im kinda getting sick of the same 5 levels over and over again.. well i guess thats what you get for being poor and not being able to get a good pc.

well, tnx for your insite.

still searching for someone to build me some custom maps for the demo

anyways thx again
                        marky-b
                        I think I remember that the Demo doesn't use Detail Textures (even though if I remember, the option is there, but it doesn't use em).

Try running the full version with Detail Textures turned OFF.

Good luck.

Comment

okie. i will and i will get back to you asap.

Comment

Working...
                          X