X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-Lygosynthesis [Beta 4]

Name: Lygosynthesis

Version: Beta 4

Description: In 2312, the Liandri Corporation happened upon an apparently alien facility of unknown origin. It seems to serve as a power plant, drawing energy from negative energy densities. Rather than use this new technology for something useful, the Liandri instead opted to add it to their already immense collection of Tournament arenas...

Screenshots:

Download: http://robo422.hexicon.net/CTF-Lygosynthesis_b4.zip

I like the visuals, lighting and textures look cool, in that I do mean "cool"! A tight map that will give pretty intense flag swapping so a 2 on 2 would be best 4 on 4 at most. Weapon placement was fine to me but as I am not a regular CTF player some may argue that moot point. Just about good to go then.

Duca

Comment

Robo that looks totally awesome! Love the visuals.

Comment

omg ! you are back with Great Map !!!

Looks really nice ....

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.UglyPants View Post
          Robo that looks totally awesome! Love the visuals.
          Robo = style

Comment

for some reason, i can see this as a possible DM map.

Comment

Slow, obstructive and to full of activity for my liking. There were times my computer was crawling and other times were ok just.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamburger View Post
                Slow, obstructive and to full of activity for my liking. There were times my computer was crawling and other times were ok just.
                Any specifics? Where was this happening?

Also: system specs?

Comment

Visually this map looks pretty good. One quirk I had was the big lasers in the base rooms: they come out of the wall, go across the room, and into another wall, then down...right into a hallway. There it just stops. You can see the particle effects from the beam in the hallway ceiling.

As far as layout, I'm no CTF expert, but I think it works pretty well. You need to add a lot of blocking volumes, though. You can translocate anywhere, even to the top of the central energy contraption in the middle of the level. The lower area base jumppads too: you can walk off into a room you can't get out of. It's obvious that you're not done, but just needed to point it out...

Weapon layout I'm also no expert, but from my experience playing with the bots (which were decent as far as I could tell) I noticed that the bio is fairly useless. If you take it into the main room, you go up against shock rifles, flak cannons, and occasionally rocket launchers, all in a large flat area. The only way to gain an edge is to head upwards, but there's a lightning gun there that is far more desirable than a bio rifle. If you head the other direction, you run into more shock rifles and an upward slant (to the right).

Also a lot of the player starts don't point in the direction I'd most like to go. I tend to hold down the forward key as I spawn, and for the uppermost base spawns this ends up with me falling from the top to the bottom. Also the base door spawn faces the door so I end up running into the base instead of down the hallway, then I get flakked in the back. I guess you could point the playerstarts that way, but personally I prefer pointing them towards the enemy.

Legosynthesis lol!

Comment

Originally posted by robo422 View Post
                    Any specifics? Where was this happening?

Also: system specs?
                    Around the moving circles and emitter parts. The closer I got to the movers the slower it got. You have a walk way that is covered with these moving circles the frame rates drop dramatically under them. Funny though as soon as I came out the other side it was fine again. Also the base was quite slow when I looked up, its odd on AS-Convoy I can have 32 players and play quite comfortably. I also said obstructive well I might have been a little hasty whilst pasting that. Yes the bots do get stuck and there is a place near the bio that seems obstructive to me but that’s about it.

Could I also take the time to say the texture scale is wrong. The wall textures in the base seem to large, the floor textures are nice. All in all though the maps quite good just a shame my computer dislikes certain parts of your map.

Comment

Original and interesting map !

Perhaps make a more detailed texture for your ramp_glass and walkway_glass...

Comment

Looks very nice. I like the custom meshes that you have. Weapon placement seems decent but i agree about the bio being useless in the main hall. Another spot i noticed was you can fall into the room with the big laser and you only hit a floor. Maybe make it deeper and have a falling volume or something. Otherwise you have to translocate back up to the playing floor which seems to detract from the gameplay. Heres the place im refering to.

Comment

I had pretty bad FPS through out the entire map.

But my pc sux, my laptop got stolen out of my house, so when I get reimbursed I'll evaluate it on my new laptop :P

Otherwise it's a very good looking map, and what gameplay I did get out of it was fun <3

Comment

I should probably start putting antiportals in.

I've removed the biorifle spawn and moved the shock spawn there. I don't really like having players spawn with such a powerful weapon, so that'll probably change.

Also started putting stuff on the walls because they were huge and flat and boring. It's all up high, so it won't get in the way of player movement.

Comment

Beta 2 up, took long enough. Check the first post.

Changes:
                              • removed biorifle
                              • removed bio ammo
                              • moved shock rifle
                              • added other ammo pickups to replace the removed bio ammo
                              • fixed bots getting stuck
                              • added antiportals
                              • aesthetic changes

Comment

Working...
                              X