AS-Pyra-fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AS-Pyra-fix

After some feedback with problems about fps drops and other things: here's the fix. I also changed some geo and added new.

Name: AS-Pyra-fix

Version: there wont be a final

Compatibility: Map compatible with UT2004 with installed patch 3369. I didn't tested it on other version of game.

Description: Large map, designed for 6vs6 or 8vs8.

Comments: i know, there's not much eye-candy. I give more attention n the fun factor

Download:Download @ rapidshare

please use/replace this map on your servers, not as-pyra.

My lips are sealed.

Comment

Looks good i'll give it a test out and tell ya what i think heh.

Comment

Originally posted by dark_elf
        Looks good i'll give it a test out and tell ya what i think heh.
        I see you have blurred vision there.

Comment

Its called i have diffrent taste in stuf then you do hamburger.

you mind staying on topic?

Comment

Its called i have diffrent taste in stuf then you do hamburger.

you mind staying on topic?
            Do you mind not saying things like it looks good? When it obviously does not. It helps no one if you say those things and im sure the author wants to improve his work. People that leave comments like you are destructive to the authors development so in future tell it how it is or dont post at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamburger
              Do you mind not saying things like it looks good? When it obviously does not. It helps no one if you say those things and im sure the author wants to improve his work. People that leave comments like you are destructive to the authors development so in future tell it how it is or dont post at all.
              Never think it was possible that dark_elf actually liked it? If you don't like it, fine, no need to ask people to 'not say things like it looks good'.

Coretez: Online, the server I play on has alot of racing maps and they're usually alot of fun. I'll download it now :]

Comment

Originally posted by Finchy
                Never think it was possible that dark_elf actually liked it? If you don't like it, fine, no need to ask people to 'not say things like it looks good'.
                Weather he likes it or not is beside the point. The point we are talking about is if it looks good or not. Now there are general rules about what makes a map look good or look bad. One being the lighting in this map there is only basic which general looks bad. 2 the texturing it’s so bad it even looks blurry which can hardly look good to any ones standard. Then some of the textures are way to big and some don’t fit the map at all. 3 the static meshes are just dumped in and has no real thought put into it at all.

Its just rushed and looks unpleasant. Now if he wants to make maps like this fine that’s his deal but this is an open forum and I will give my opinion on it.

Comment

Weather he likes it or not is beside the point.
                  No it's not. Whether players like it or not is one of the things the author should want to know as well. As mentioned by Coretez, he's concentrated on the FunFactor rather than making a graphically fantastic map.

The point we are talking about is if it looks good or not. Now there are general rules about what makes a map look good or look bad. One being the lighting in this map there is only basic which general looks bad. 2 the texturing it’s so bad it even looks blurry which can hardly look good to any ones standard. Then some of the textures are way to big and some don’t fit the map at all. 3 the static meshes are just dumped in and has no real thought put into it at all.
                  Originally posted by Coretez
                  Comments: i know, there's not much eye-candy. I give more attention n the fun factor
                  Its just rushed and looks unpleasant. Now if he wants to make maps like this fine that’s his deal but this is an open forum and I will give my opinion on it.
                  By all means, please do, but what was the point of you asking people not to say things like it looks good? Dark_elf may not have meant it looked good graphically. Besides, maybe, just maybe, in some people's eyes they might want something that looks like that map. Or maybe, they don't care about graphics and infact care about how it works and plays. People have different tastes as dark_elf stated. I'm not doubting that 90% of the UT population may want something visually fantastic, but maybe some aren't really fussed.

Comment

Oviously there isn't going to be every map that comes out going to be a graphical master peace!

A lot of the people on this fourm don't have time to spend hours a day working on maps. Instead they have to spend about a month or several to finish a map that is worthy of a lot of people's intrest.

This was a remake of his map that he did years ago! All he did was just change it around a little add a new twist to it. He in no way wanted to make it more eye candy and whatever.

I understand this fourm is public and open to everyone's opion. But keep in mind. Just cause you can do that. Dosen't mean you have to go find every topic in this entire ut2004 section and make a negative or a postive thread. In some cases its better to just ignore the thread if its of no use to you.

No need to go around and post every topic to say it sucks or it's great.

I play a lot of as racing its my gametype that i chose and I love it! I know a lot of gamers think that as racing is a bigest waste of space on ut.

Most maps in as racing arn't very much for eye candy. Why? Cause we don't need eye candy to have a very fun time playing a map. Infact i find a lot of dm maps and other maps that are very colorful and eye candy and great little stuf to make it look awesome very annoying. As It destracts me from what the real focus of the map is meant for. Or the map is so much of a graphix hog that it is impossible to get anywhere unless you have a high end computer. (which is one of the reasons why a lot of people play as racing is cause the maps are very low detail and much easyer to play on low end computers)

Comment

Originally posted by Finchy
                      No it's not. Whether players like it or not is one of the things the author should want to know as well. As mentioned by Coretez, he's concentrated on the FunFactor rather than making a graphically fantastic map.
                      Excuse me? The whole thing here is about looks. I don’t care if the author stated its for fun and not looks. Also you can make the map look much better with just a few light changes and there would hardly be any frame rate drops at all. Why make a map look awful when you can make it look at least manageable?
                      A lot of the people on this fourm don't have time to spend hours a day working on maps. Instead they have to spend about a month or several to finish a map that is worthy of a lot of people's intrest.
                      I see you have no idea. It takes a relatively short amount of time to make a map look at least bearable. 2 maybe 3 hours on the lighting would at least improve it some what. Also the texture alignments can be changed and made to look good quite quick to. Simple things can make all the difference in the looks department all can be done with in a day.
                      I understand this fourm is public and open to everyone's opion. But keep in mind. Just cause you can do that. Dosen't mean you have to go find every topic in this entire ut2004 section and make a negative or a postive thread. In some cases its better to just ignore the thread if its of no use to you.
                      Funny ive only commented on 3 maps in my short time since ive been on the forum.
                      Most maps in as racing arn't very much for eye candy. Why? Cause we don't need eye candy to have a very fun time playing a map. Infact i find a lot of dm maps and other maps that are very colorful and eye candy and great little stuf to make it look awesome very annoying. As It destracts me from what the real focus of the map is meant for. Or the map is so much of a graphix hog that it is impossible to get anywhere unless you have a high end computer. (which is one of the reasons why a lot of people play as racing is cause the maps are very low detail and much easyer to play on low end computers)
                      That’s odd it’s the other way around for me. When a map looks this bad it hurt my eyes and I just cant play them. Also must maps these days don’t need a high end computer, get with the times and upgrade and stop moaning about it. If you could play eye candy you would simple.

Comment

Rofl. I am with the times i have upgraded my computer a lot.

I do like playing the dm maps and all that wonderful eye candy stuf. but at the time that i started playing ut i was only on a 900 duron processor and 112 mb of memory and a very cheep vedio card.

So i played as racing and was able to get my comp to run it at 12 fps. Thats when i got addicted and regardless of how the maps look. I play it for seeing the ideas and the new track to play on. You have a very much diffrent taste then mine i can understand that and agree with that.

But at least acknowledge that the mapper wasen't intending the map to be a very nice looking map. yes lighting may be better with proper lighting and light post around map to make it look more realilistic. And yes it only takes mabey and hour or two to do that. However if you look at most as race maps people could care less about the looks of light all they care about is if they can see they will play the map.

There is a lot of opion's of how maps should be made. But stop coming on to me every chance you get to tell me i'm out of my mind and i have no buisness to post my opion. As you never fail to post yours in a very noticable way.

There is so much about this game that we can constantly battle back and forth about ideas or bad ideas. Can you at least when you post your critisizim of a post a little more cheerfull and explain why you don't like it in a much more professinal curtios way? As far as i look in almost all topics you make that you don't like something you say something along the lines of "it sucks" and never post again unless you get attacked by someone telling you off.

Comment

lines of "it sucks" and never post again unless you get attacked by someone telling you off.
                          First of all show me were I have said it sucks?. The only to I know are all to do with this author and his to very badly done maps although I did not say it sucks in any of them. Lastly no ones telling me off that I can see, all ive noticed in this thread is to very odd people who would be happy living in a box. Needless to say I don’t live in a palace but I do like nice looking things.

Comment

I just find you a bit odd. as do you think that way of me.

All i ask is that you don't constantly go attack me every time i post on this fourm. i know most of my ideas arn't the best. Then again most of my ideas have already been done as someone already thought of them.

sorry for spaming up this thread. this the last of it i promise

Comment

First of all show me were I have said it sucks?. The only to I know are all to do with this author and his to very badly done maps although I did not say it sucks in any of them. Lastly no ones telling me off that I can see, all ive noticed in this thread is to very odd people who would be happy living in a box. Needless to say I don’t live in a palace but I do like nice looking things.
                              And you've derived that I'd be happy living in a box from where exactly? All I've said is that the map may not look fantastic, but looks good as a racing style map. Barely any racing maps look absoluetly fantastic, I'll admit that. I like the look of nice things too, never said I didn't. So long as the racing map works though, I'm a happy bunny.

Comment

Working...
                              X