Reload [alpha]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xyx
    In this I am bound by the limitations of the model. For instance, the rocket ammo pack is not large enough to contain more than three rockets.
    But the rocket ammo pack has 9 rockets in it..

Maybe the ammo packs are actually like translocator beacons, and the real ammo is teleported in... makes more sense.

Comment

I'll happily modify the ammounts the ammo packs. I don't consider those essential to a weapon's stats. For example, the lightning gun is still the lightning gun even if ammo pickups only give 3 charges. However, make it deal a tiny 10 less damage and reload an insignificant 0.1 seconds faster and half the community screams murder.

The reason I listed the "10 bullets" for the sniper is that if you look closely at the ammo pickup, there are 10 bullets in it. I wouldn't want a pickup that obviously contains 10 bullets to only give 5 or so.

Some weapons will have pitiful ammo pack sizes, true. One of the things I can do to balance that is modifying the amount of spare ammo packs you get when you first pick up that weapon.

Originally posted by porkmanii
      Maybe the ammo packs are actually like translocator beacons, and the real ammo is teleported in...
      Yeah, from the same place where your spare weapons are stored.

Comment

Thats fine! I can see why you don't want to change anything but just add reload function.

Comment

Originally posted by Major A Payne
          Very good idea and concept. One question though. Is this possible to apply to other 3rd party weapons and not just the stock ones.
          Originally posted by Xyx
          No, for several reasons. Epic included no reload functionality whatsoever in their code base, so it's not just a matter of opening up some hidden features. 3rd party weapons would have to be modified, recompiled and included in the mutator. That would go a bit outside the scope of my time or interests.
          *cough*xReload*cough*

Complete with implicit third-party weapon support and my trademark configurability. Couldn't resist.

Don't even think of stopping work on yours. I'm sure it'll end up a nicely polished, balanced, bug-free (eventually) package. I'm hopeless(ly lazy) when it comes to balance, and quite a few hacks were necessary for xReload to not require numerous weapon sub-classes.

I've tested it on a dedicated server, with much success. If you have any trouble with your net coding, I'd be happy to help.

Comment

Wow, that's very interesting! I can't download without registering, though. Uhm... could I ask you for the source instead?

EDIT: I guess I better register there anyway, to keep an eye on your productions.

I'd still love to get my hands on the source, of course.

Comment

I usually just use ucc batchexport.

Check your PMs, Xyx.

Comment

Originally posted by porkmanii
                *cough*xReload*cough*
                but, how does it handle weapons that HAVE been coded to reload, eg. the RPG from Ballistic Weapons?

Comment

You have to specifically tell it which weapons should have reloads. In the case of Ballistic, you would not tell it to reload them.

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx
                    ...you have another mutator that lets you stuff shells into the Flak Cannon? Where can I download it?
                    I think the binds probably came from Ballistic Weapons and YARM. There may even be a third, but I'm not sure.

Comment

You suggested those binds work on the Flak Cannon. Are you certain or not?

Comment

They reload it, if that's what you mean.

Comment

Before I run out and pollute my development environment with unnecessary mods... you are absolutely certain that "a mod" that you have installed lets you reload the Flak Cannon by pressing a button?

If that is the case, can you tell me which mod that is? And could you try it out one more time just to be sure?

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
                            Before I run out and pollute my development environment with unnecessary mods... you are absolutely certain that "a mod" that you have installed lets you reload the Flak Cannon by pressing a button?
                            If so, it certainly wasn't Ballistic Weapons. As far as I know, you can't even use the Flak Cannon while Ballistic is on, let alone reload it.

Comment

yeah, ballistic wouldn't let it at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X